Circuit City Xbox 360 Games $16

KAR10

CAGiversary!
I went to Circuit City and they had Xbox 360 games on sale. The only ones I remember since I bought them are:

King Kong
Rumble Roses
College Hoops 2k6
NHL 2k6

They also had about 3 more titles but I can't remember what they were. I'm going back soon and I'll update this thread.

finally... i have rumble roses and for $16 it's not that bad for wrestling fans, though I'll say I didn't get it because I like wrestling.

please find out the other titles soon too... I'm guessing at least one or two are sports titles, but I'm hoping one is Far Cry since I've been meaning to get that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']finally... i have rumble roses and for $16 it's not that bad for wrestling fans, though I'll say I didn't get it because I like wrestling.

please find out the other titles soon too... I'm guessing at least one or two are sports titles, but I'm hoping one is Far Cry since I've been meaning to get that.[/quote]Far Cry really isn't worth it. The online is decent, but the old SP is already tired, and the new one is worse than the old one.

When I bought Rumble Roses the day before Christmas, I saw Tony Hawk [the pink one] for the same price. The original price on it is $19.99 so it should be $16 everywhere.

[quote name='roflitslol']Far Cry really isn't worth it. The online is decent, but the old SP is already tired, and the new one is worse than the old one.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to play a single far cry, so I don't mind.

[quote name='furyk']Awesome. Will pick up Rumble Roses and Farcry as I'm getting a 360 eventually.[/QUOTE]

farcy is a wish, and has yet to be confirmed, though I hope you're right.

[quote name='roflitslol']Far Cry really isn't worth it. The online is decent, but the old SP is already tired, and the new one is worse than the old one.[/quote]
I have only played the original PC game. Thinking about buying this one too though. Probably should download the demo...

That said, not at the $30-40 I have seen it around here for. ;)

The problem with Far Cry on the 360 is the aiming controls on the right thumbstick are just horrible. It barely moves when you want slight ajustments, and it jumps all over when you make larger movments. This is the game's fault, and can't be fixed by changing sensitivity. There's just a huge dead zone in the center, and after that the reticule moves way too fast. I've learned to live with it, but it's still frustrating.

Rumble Roses is so bad. I was going to drop the money for it til I downloaded the demo and actually played it. It plays just as bad as the first one. Come on developers.

$16 for 360 games is cheap though.

Here's one to add to the list of $16 CC 360 games: Doom 3. Sure, it's technically not a 360 game (original Xbox) but it plays on 360, looks as good as most 360 games (in standard def) and is better than every sub-$40 360 game. It's also the Collector's Edition, which unlike every other Collector's Edition is worth snagging (because it includes the original Doom and Doom 2 with new co-op/multiplayer modes). Best purchase I've made in a long time, heartily recommended my fellow CAG's.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have yet to play a single far cry, so I don't mind.[/quote]
Get Instincts for Xbox instead. BC, cheaper and doesn't have the horrible aiming glitch of the 360 version. You're not going to miss not having Predator. It's garbage.

Rumble Roses is not all that bad. It's DEF not worth a full price of $50-$60. Oh HELLLLL NO!

However, $20 and under can be a justified purchase.

Please note this. If you enjoy playing games especially for the achievements aspect, this game has achievements that take a LOOOONG time to unlock. I shake the hand of anyone that has 1000 points in this game. Actually, I'll shake their hand based on 400 points! ..It takes suuuch a long time to get them lol :(

[quote name='lilboo']
Please note this. If you enjoy playing games especially for the achievements aspect, this game has achievements that take a LOOOONG time to unlock. I shake the hand of anyone that has 1000 points in this game. Actually, I'll shake their hand based on 400 points! ..It takes suuuch a long time to get them lol :([/quote]

Um...You might want to rethink that part about shaking hands...Remember this is CAG and Female Wrestling...:joystick:

So what's the full game list?

BTW, I played through Farcry on the 360 and didn't notice any aiming problems. I thought it controlled as well as any console FPS can. Generic but competent FPS I thought. It would be worth $16 if that's what it cost.

Rumble Roses XX + $16 = GO BUY

It's worth it. Aside from all of the T&A, it's got a pretty solid Yuke's wrestling engine behind it all. There are a couple of minor problems with it, but it's a fun game and easily worth the low price.

I agree - just don't buy it for the achievements. I put in 10 hours and got 10 achievement points!!!

[quote name='lilboo']Rumble Roses is not all that bad. It's DEF not worth a full price of $50-$60. Oh HELLLLL NO!

However, $20 and under can be a justified purchase.

Please note this. If you enjoy playing games especially for the achievements aspect, this game has achievements that take a LOOOONG time to unlock. I shake the hand of anyone that has 1000 points in this game. Actually, I'll shake their hand based on 400 points! ..It takes suuuch a long time to get them lol :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheapmonkeyz']is this regional, My CC still has rumble roses listed for 39? Will it scan for 16?[/quote]

It should scan for $16. I know my CC never changes their tags. They must be really lazy.

60 achievement points on RR. (it took along time though).

So which wrestling game does Rumble Roses play most like? I know someone said it's running on a Yukes wrestling engine, but I'm not too familiar with wrestling in general and I'm getting antsy waiting for Smackdown vs. Raw to go on sale.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So which wrestling game does Rumble Roses play most like? I know someone said it's running on a Yukes wrestling engine, but I'm not too familiar with wrestling in general and I'm getting antsy waiting for Smackdown vs. Raw to go on sale.[/quote]

Smackdown vs Raw 07 is so much better..
RR doesnt have story mode..you just pick the matches by choosing the arenas.. RR is not bad for $16.

I tried to call the CC nearest my work, but their phone system sucks and I kept getting disconnected before I talked to a person.

When I finally talked to a person, he put me on hold, and their crappy phone system disconnected me... I might go over during my lunch break to check, but I'm most likely going to go to go to Gamestop in stead for the 35% off (using the 25% off coupon from this weeks add, expires today + more card) in stead.

I can't speak for this sale, but in the past CC is the least YMMV clearance chain I have ever seen on this site. If these prices are true, they are more than likely true everywhere.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I tried to call the CC nearest my work, but their phone system sucks and I kept getting disconnected before I talked to a person.

When I finally talked to a person, he put me on hold, and their crappy phone system disconnected me... I might go over during my lunch break to check, but I'm most likely going to go to go to Gamestop in stead for the 35% off (using the 25% off coupon from this weeks add, expires today + more card) in stead.[/QUOTE]

Why are you calling? Don't have them check the price, just go in and buy it.

Now do we have a complete game list or what?

Hey all I checked our system today and the complete list of $16.96 xbox 360 games are as follows:

Rumble Roses XX
King Kong
Ridge Racer 6
College Hoops 2K6
NHL 2K6

Also worth noting is that Tony Hawk's American Watsteland and Gun are now 19.99 Usually when a game drops like that within a couple of weeks it will be clearenced out.

later,
bill123

[quote name='bill123']Hey all I checked our system today and the complete list of $16.96 xbox 360 games are as follows:

Rumble Roses XX
King Kong
Ridge Racer 6
College Hoops 2K6
NHL 2K6

Also worth noting is that Tony Hawk's American Watsteland and Gun are now 19.99 Usually when a game drops like that within a couple of weeks it will be clearenced out.

later,
bill123[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation.

[quote name='SpoDaddy']Here's one to add to the list of $16 CC 360 games: Doom 3. Sure, it's technically not a 360 game (original Xbox) but it plays on 360, looks as good as most 360 games (in standard def) and is better than every sub-$40 360 game. It's also the Collector's Edition, which unlike every other Collector's Edition is worth snagging (because it includes the original Doom and Doom 2 with new co-op/multiplayer modes). Best purchase I've made in a long time, heartily recommended my fellow CAG's.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Doom 1 & 2 are playable on 360.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why are you calling? Don't have them check the price, just go in and buy it.

Now do we have a complete game list or what?[/quote]

I called because I couldn't leave work to go look, but I could use my cell to place a call while I was working.

Picked up King Kong for $16.89 at Round Rock, TX location and they have 1 more copy. I couldn't find any Farcry or Rumble Roses copies.

Also, the Firefly box set that someone else reported at $17.99 rang up at full price of $34.99. :nottalking:

[quote name='woodcan']
Also, the Firefly box set that someone else reported at $17.99 rang up at full price of $34.99. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Helps if you use the current week's ad. That was last week.

$16 360 games are an okay deal, but some are cheaper used at EB/GS with the 25% coupon and 10% EDGE. And one EB/GS near me has many mint used 360 titles.

FYI, I picked up King Kong at the EB/GS B2G1 sale and found it a cookie-cutter FPS. The Kong portions are okay for mixing things up, but his controls are pretty muddy. I'm probably not getting enough sleep, but I dozed off twice during the repetitive bug-fighting FPS portions. God-willing, I'll get enough sleep this weekend and finish this snoozer.

man...king kong is probably going to be the Turok of this generation. One of those sucky dinosaur games that's going to be 9.99 till the day the console dies.

[quote name='gsr']king kong is probably going to be the Turok of this generation. One of those sucky dinosaur games that's going to be 9.99 till the day the console dies.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. But at least you can see more than 10 feet in front of you in Kong.

Rumble Roses has been cheap at CC ($16.99 - MAKING THIS A .99 price drop) a long time, and all the CC around me have sold out long ago.

I rented RR a while ago. It's definitely worth $16 to me. That is, if my store has a copy Sunday and if they have it at that price! (They're sometimes hit-or-miss with the deals.)

Slight interest in Kong, though I think I will pass on that one.

I had King Kong once and I played it just once so that ended that story. The game was OK but I was expecting more from the 360 version. Jack Black looks like a mongoloid in the game for one and having the actress help you sucked also.

I traded for Rumble Roses so we'll see when it gets here.I think hot wrestlers are much more entertaining than Jack Black's ugly face.

They need to put DOA Extreme Volleyball 2 on the sale rack because it is not worth $60. If that game ever drops to that price then it would be a god purchase.

bread's done
Back