Circuit City Xbox 360 Games $16

KAR10

CAGiversary!
I went to Circuit City and they had Xbox 360 games on sale. The only ones I remember since I bought them are:

King Kong
Rumble Roses
College Hoops 2k6
NHL 2k6

They also had about 3 more titles but I can't remember what they were. I'm going back soon and I'll update this thread.

Went to the Rancho Santa Margarita, CA store and grabbed the last copy of Rumble Roses... FYI, they had a few copies of Ridge Racer but no Far Cry or Kong.

The only 360 game (cheap one I mean, of course) they had at my CC was THAW for $20 :(. I did pick up Half Life 2 for Xbox for $10 though... the only clearance game they had that I thought was worth getting. Webster, TX (south Houston).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't think Doom 1 & 2 are playable on 360.[/QUOTE]

They are, I played them for a couple minutes each just to find out yesterday.

[quote name='bill123']Hey all I checked our system today and the complete list of $16.96 xbox 360 games are as follows:

Rumble Roses XX
King Kong
Ridge Racer 6
College Hoops 2K6
NHL 2K6

Also worth noting is that Tony Hawk's American Watsteland and Gun are now 19.99 Usually when a game drops like that within a couple of weeks it will be clearenced out.

later,
bill123[/QUOTE]

Is that Tony Hawk game any good ? The last THPS game I had was part 4.

Update. I just picked up Rumble Roses xx 360 for 16.99 after it scanned. Stickers still said 59.99. I also had FarCry scanned and it came up 39.99 (didn't pick it up) (Circuit City, City of Montebello). There's 1 copy of Rumble Roses xx left and there's 3 copies of FarCry.

King Kong for $16.99 is a good price. Well worth it!
Easiest 1000 achievement points I ever got.

[quote name='wing77']King Kong for $16.99 is a good price. Well worth it!
Easiest 1000 achievement points I ever got.[/quote]
That game was god awful.

I felt ripped off both at the movie and playing the game. This was even though the game was $10 AC, movie ticket was free inside, and after the movie I traded it in for $15 (OLD XBOX).

For some reason I then rented it to get the achievments on the 360 and it was the most excrusiating time of my life.

[quote name='sendmesomegames']I had King Kong once and I played it just once so that ended that story. The game was OK but I was expecting more from the 360 version. Jack Black looks like a mongoloid in the game for one and having the actress help you sucked also.

I traded for Rumble Roses so we'll see when it gets here.I think hot wrestlers are much more entertaining than Jack Black's ugly face.

They need to put DOA Extreme Volleyball 2 on the sale rack because it is not worth $60. If that game ever drops to that price then it would be a god purchase.[/QUOTE]

Extreme 2 is worth the $60, trust me. Not even countering in the graphics alone [it is a visual feast..seriously..not just because of the girls...one of the first true HD games besides Gears of War in my opinion]

The mini games, the volleyball, the customization, if you're even slightly OCD the game is downright addicting. I hear that people have clocked 100/200 hours on the original Xtreme and they're barely done with it.

Just download the Japanese commercial on live and you'll find yourself buying it.

[quote name='theeipi']That game was god awful.

I felt ripped off both at the movie and playing the game. This was even though the game was $10 AC, movie ticket was free inside, and after the movie I traded it in for $15 (OLD XBOX).

For some reason I then rented it to get the achievments on the 360 and it was the most excrusiating time of my life.[/QUOTE]

I didn't find King Kong that bad when I played it for the gamecube, I liked some of the ideas it brought to the FPS genre like no HUD, with visual or audio clues when your health is low or you need to reload.

[quote name='msdmoney']I didn't find King Kong that bad when I played it for the gamecube, I liked some of the ideas it brought to the FPS genre like no HUD, with visual or audio clues when your health is low or you need to reload.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser

Read about the most revolutionary failure in video game history!

A first-person shooter with advanced physics and physics puzzles (HL2); a unique foley system not replicated to this day; bump-mapping; specular mapping; total control over the character's uninjured right arm for shooting, throwing, or swinging any object smaller than the character as well as opening doors and pulling levers (Breakdown or Metroid Prime); animations foregone in favor of physics-generated movements for all the creatures (Indiana Jones project coming to 360); and no HUD - look down at a tattoo on your chest to see your health and hear your character call out the amount of shots left in the gun (King Kong and Condemned)...

IN 1998. NINETEEN-NINETY-EIGHT!

Seriously, I was dying to play that game since my youth and, in spite of critical hatred for it, found it to be an entirely unique and rewarding game when I found and played it a couple of years ago. The ideas were mind-blowing, and many haven't even been attempted since due to their ambitious nature; the hand control is begging for a Wii adaptation, the foley system was amazing, and the animationless world is just now being suggested in games, and to great critical acclaim. Check out the Euphoria animation system NaturalMotion developed to see what I'm talking about.

[quote name='sarausagi']Extreme 2 is worth the $60, trust me. Not even countering in the graphics alone [it is a visual feast..seriously..not just because of the girls...one of the first true HD games besides Gears of War in my opinion]

The mini games, the volleyball, the customization, if you're even slightly OCD the game is downright addicting. I hear that people have clocked 100/200 hours on the original Xtreme and they're barely done with it.

Just download the Japanese commercial on live and you'll find yourself buying it.[/QUOTE]

I loved the original!!

This game is on my "Games to get...but not at full price" list. I really do hope it's just as good as the original, despite the reviews :(

[quote name='lilboo']I loved the original!!

This game is on my "Games to get...but not at full price" list. I really do hope it's just as good as the original, despite the reviews :([/quote]

Same here. Waiting for a decent price drop at new

[quote name='kanedags']Went to the Rancho Santa Margarita, CA store and grabbed the last copy of Rumble Roses... FYI, they had a few copies of Ridge Racer but no Far Cry or Kong.[/QUOTE]

Far Cry isn't one of the cheap games.

[quote name='sarausagi']Extreme 2 is worth the $60, trust me. Not even countering in the graphics alone [it is a visual feast..seriously..not just because of the girls...one of the first true HD games besides Gears of War in my opinion]

Just download the Japanese commercial on live and you'll find yourself buying it.[/QUOTE]

I felt Xtreme 2 was a big disappointment. the AI was still rough in VB, the new minigames were not that much fun, and volleyball actually felt worse to me.
the game runs at 30fps-- a first for a Team Ninja game. I'm an animation nut, so this bothered the hell out of me. Basically it felt like XBV 1.1. The graphics upgrade was not very big-- it's nowhere near DoA4, for one thing.

Other than that, my other complaints are more wishes than criticism- I wanted them to make it more of a party game with 4 player volleyball, jetskis and other minigames. The friendship-simulator part is interesting, but that's not my cup of tea. As a huge TN fan, I still feel the game is their black sheep.

but if you like the friend sim, then you can get 100 to 200 hours out of it.

[quote name='supershammy']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser

Read about the most revolutionary failure in video game history!

(Snipped Trespasser spiel)[/quote]

I played a demo of that game. You had to hold down three different buttons to rotate her wrist. That arm was one of the most frightning things in all of gaming.

Plus, I play Rumble Roses and Soul Calibur (Mmm, Ivy), and even I blushed every time I checked my health and got an eyefull of my avatar's tremendous cleavage.

Still, a Wii adaptation of that sort of concept could go places, except turning the Wii-mote sucks and will always suck.

[quote name='Apossum']I felt Xtreme 2 was a big disappointment. the AI was still rough in VB, the new minigames were not that much fun, and volleyball actually felt worse to me.
the game runs at 30fps-- a first for a Team Ninja game. I'm an animation nut, so this bothered the hell out of me. Basically it felt like XBV 1.1. The graphics upgrade was not very big-- it's nowhere near DoA4, for one thing.

Other than that, my other complaints are more wishes than criticism- I wanted them to make it more of a party game with 4 player volleyball, jetskis and other minigames. The friendship-simulator part is interesting, but that's not my cup of tea. As a huge TN fan, I still feel the game is their black sheep.

but if you like the friend sim, then you can get 100 to 200 hours out of it.[/QUOTE]

Well I had never played the first one [never had an original X-Box] so the the game felt pretty good to me.

As for the 30 fps, I can tell the difference between X2 and other 360 games BUT film does run at 24 FPS and hand drawn animation tops out at it, usually running at lower FPS, and there's no problem with it..

In fact, pulldown on DVD players is simply to bring 30 FPS to 24 FPS..the drop in frame rate actually looks better for many movies...

I haven't played it as much as I want to because I'd rather play DOA4 and become somewhat good at it before I feel like I deserve to play X2.

King Kong is a pretty good, though somewhat repetitive, shooter, with the easiest achievement points of any game so far, and the only game in which I've received the full thousand (you simply beat the game to earn all 1000 points).

Thanks, posters! I scored hockey, hoops, and a big monkey at my CC. No sighting of the other two. Lady at CC called the manager over (since all three were still stickered at $59.99) but all rang up at $16.96. Still plenty of NHL2K6 and College Hoops. I'm just disappointed that there aren't any Hartford Whalers uniforms to unlock in NHL. Oh, and this was the CC in Tallahassee.

[quote name='bill123']
Also worth noting is that Tony Hawk's American Watsteland and Gun are now 19.99 Usually when a game drops like that within a couple of weeks it will be clearenced out. [/QUOTE]

I might pick up Gun for $14.99 after GGC.

Checking in a little bit. I just want Rumble Roses!

EDIT: Well, got in there and they had a bin of cheap games. Dug around and found only King Kong (360) and CoD2 (360 - GOTY Cover) that would've been mildly intersting. I didn't pick up either.

So, if anybody can get their hands on a copy of Roses, I'll gladly buy it from you, or go pick up King Kong or COD2 for it. (Assuming they still have copies next time I go.)

Please send me a PM!

[quote name='Trevor']I might pick up Gun for $14.99 after GGC.[/quote]

good game. i loved it. i actually beat it twice (once on xbox and once on 360). the only thing about it is that it's too short, and all the side missions are just tacked on. the main plot is great though.

[quote name='stainremover']good game. i loved it. i actually beat it twice (once on xbox and once on 360). the only thing about it is that it's too short, and all the side missions are just tacked on. the main plot is great though.[/quote]

I think that game took me about eight hours to beat - 100%. Side missions and all. It was great fun while it lasted, but... seriously.

I went to the Circuit City in Pasadena yesterday (2nd CC visited for 16.96 deals) and found one last copy of King Kong for the 360. I immediately snatched it up and put 45 minutes on it. Quite refreshing for a game. All worth it to me.

Report: No Rumble Roses or any of the other 16.96 titles left (I checked behind almost every locked gamecase). The only one that's $16.96 left is Tony Hawk. There were about 3-4 copies when I left. The price on that game was marked down to $19.99 while King Kong was left at retail price.

Gun was clearly rushed, but, as I'm sure everyone can agree, when they rushed it, they made sure the gameplay was top notch, and they only skimped by rushing the story through.

Which is quite unfortunate, as the story is quite entertaining, with excellent production values.

[quote name='Rig']Checking in a little bit. I just want Rumble Roses!

EDIT: Well, got in there and they had a bin of cheap games. Dug around and found only King Kong (360) and CoD2 (360 - GOTY Cover) that would've been mildly intersting. I didn't pick up either.
[/QUOTE]

Is COD2 one of the sale games? I saw it at my CC but it was marked $39.99.

[quote name='Apossum']I felt Xtreme 2 was a big disappointment. the AI was still rough in VB, the new minigames were not that much fun, and volleyball actually felt worse to me.

but if you like the friend sim, then you can get 100 to 200 hours out of it.[/QUOTE]

it needed more than what it had, but overall I enjoy(ed) it immensly. I think it's an awesome game that has gotten too much sham from the public and most of the valid downfalls are a bit over scrutinized... I don't see why?

[quote name='jmiller80']Perhaps. But at least you can see more than 10 feet in front of you in Kong.[/QUOTE]

And it wasn't sucky, just a bit repetetive and way too short.

[quote name='porieux']Is COD2 one of the sale games? I saw it at my CC but it was marked $39.99.[/quote]

I just figured it was, since it was in the same clearance bin.

The employees had the newest 360 games in the glass case; the rest were on the wall.

And anything leftover was in the clearance bin. That's where COD2 was.

Thanks for the deal on these. I wrestled for a few days on whether to get Rumble Roses XX or not, unlike the PS2 version the 360 one feels like Konami forced them to ship early. There is no storyline mode, nothing in the manual that introduces you to the girls, the character select screen feels unfinished. Even for $16 I wondered if I should, but I broke down today and went hunting. This was the LAST 360 game in the clearance bin, I almost missed it until I found a girl who told me they definitely put *some* 360 games in there. Otherwise it was full of last gen XBox, PS2, PSP and GBA games.

Yup this game is *barely* worth $17 lol, a better price would be $10 but it still has its strong points. New moves, new intros, weapons, reversals which actually makes the game less stupid and button smashy as the previous. Thanks for the deal, anyone else on the fence should really get in on them if you can , as most places by now are sold out. This game, far more than Fight Night Round 3, makes you feel like there's another "finished" version of the game coming soon. Rumble Roses however, probably did so badly that there won't be another sequel so get this one while you can.

[quote name='Rig']I just figured it was, since it was in the same clearance bin.

The employees had the newest 360 games in the glass case; the rest were on the wall.

And anything leftover was in the clearance bin. That's where COD2 was.[/QUOTE]

Some customer must have dumped it in there.
I just had COD2 GOTY scanned and it came up at $39.99.

I did grab King Kong and Gun though. Unfortunately Doom3 was nowhere to be found.

[quote name='fathamburger']Thanks for the deal on these. I wrestled for a few days on whether to get Rumble Roses XX or not, unlike the PS2 version the 360 one feels like Konami forced them to ship early. There is no storyline mode, nothing in the manual that introduces you to the girls, the character select screen feels unfinished. Even for $16 I wondered if I should, but I broke down today and went hunting. This was the LAST 360 game in the clearance bin, I almost missed it until I found a girl who told me they definitely put *some* 360 games in there. Otherwise it was full of last gen XBox, PS2, PSP and GBA games.

Yup this game is *barely* worth $17 lol, a better price would be $10 but it still has its strong points. New moves, new intros, weapons, reversals which actually makes the game less stupid and button smashy as the previous. Thanks for the deal, anyone else on the fence should really get in on them if you can , as most places by now are sold out. This game, far more than Fight Night Round 3, makes you feel like there's another "finished" version of the game coming soon. Rumble Roses however, probably did so badly that there won't be another sequel so get this one while you can.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like story mode in Rumble Roses PS2 was huge, it's roughly the same as Dead or Alive's story..with how many versions of each character there are in this game [what is it? 3 per chracter..or is still just heel/face] there'd be too many cut scenes to render

I have a feeling there will be a sequel though, simply because the PS2 wasn't the best seller, and it still got remade on 360, even with Dead or Alive staring it down...I'd love to see something more fleshed out [haha..fleshed out]

Oh, and as for the button mashing, I don't think it is a button masher...you can knock a girl upside the head a million times but you won't win the fight until you set up the pinfall...when I started playing RR on PS2, I'd totally rip a girl apart and she'd win just because she found enough energy to set the pin up on ME...going in, placing the RIGHT blows, and finishing a battle in less than a minute takes skill.

[quote name='sarausagi']Well, it's not like story mode in Rumble Roses PS2 was huge, it's roughly the same as Dead or Alive's story..with how many versions of each character there are in this game [what is it? 3 per chracter..or is still just heel/face] there'd be too many cut scenes to render

I have a feeling there will be a sequel though, simply because the PS2 wasn't the best seller, and it still got remade on 360, even with Dead or Alive staring it down...I'd love to see something more fleshed out [haha..fleshed out]

Oh, and as for the button mashing, I don't think it is a button masher...you can knock a girl upside the head a million times but you won't win the fight until you set up the pinfall...when I started playing RR on PS2, I'd totally rip a girl apart and she'd win just because she found enough energy to set the pin up on ME...going in, placing the RIGHT blows, and finishing a battle in less than a minute takes skill.[/quote]

So true. I love Rumble Roses XX on the 360. Totally worth the 16.96+tax to me. I'd definitely look forward to a sequal.

[quote name='porieux']Some customer must have dumped it in there.
I just had COD2 GOTY scanned and it came up at $39.99.

I did grab King Kong and Gun though. Unfortunately Doom3 was nowhere to be found.[/quote]

Definitely took another look. It has the $16.96 sticker on it.

And bill123 said he checked at his store, and a UPC is in the system for COD2 for $16.96.

Must be YMMV, and I am guessing the GotY cover, though I don't know why both covers would be different.

Hey guys,

As Rig pointed out I checked today to see about the COD he saw and came across acouple other games that dropped to clearance in the past few days.

they are:

Amped 3
Road to the World Cup
COD2 GOTY

- now with this one it seems to be an old SKU that got replaced with the "official" GOTY version. My only thought on this is how to visually tell is it will be the original COD2 but will have a slip of paper with the pic of the GOTY on the front and back Plus the biggest is that they added the extra disc on the back of the case in a cardboard holder.

I did snag the UPC for this so if there are any laying around you can check yourself without having to get it price checked.

UPC: 047875809390

So there you go I'll continually update this when new ones drop. Hopefully this can get stickied for others to see or maybe the OP can update the first post for all.

bill123

So everyone who's CC has been behind on tagging has had luck in getting the games to ring up correctly despite the tag on the game and the divider?

Yeah, I've been to two Circuit City stores and haven't had any problems. Of the games I got, Rumble Roses XX, and King Kong, both were not retagged with the lower prices. They simply rang up at the lower prices at the cashier. The only game that didn't ring up at the lower price was FarCry.

[quote name='wgsquallx2002']Yeah, I've been to two Circuit City stores and haven't had any problems. Of the games I got, Rumble Roses XX, and King Kong, both were not retagged with the lower prices. They simply rang up at the lower prices at the cashier. The only game that didn't ring up at the lower price was FarCry.[/QUOTE]

That's because, as has been mentioned, FarCry is NOT on the list of dropped games.

bread's done
Back