Circuit City

Looks like they are going to do the same thing that CompUSA did.

Im sure thier prices will still suck.

Wow, I wonder if this will lead to the future rebuilding of stores if their online sales grow. Hopefully they will be smart this time around and keep their financial status bearable.

[quote name='shivaedge']Similar to what happened to CompUSA, yeah?[/QUOTE]

Not just similar. It's the same company. Systemax owns Tiger Direct, CompUSA and Circuit City web stores now.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but my first instinct when I saw this was that it might be a scam artist using the Circuit City web address. I’ve never put a website together, so I don’t know how plausible that is, but as of now, I’m officially wary.

[quote name='shivaedge']Similar to what happened to CompUSA, yeah?[/QUOTE]

More like the exact same thing.

[quote name='systemax.com']Richard Leeds, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Systemax, commented, "This acquisition and quick launch of the all new CircuitCity.com further solidifies Systemax's position as a leader in online retailing of value-priced, branded computers and consumer electronics. Circuit City is one of the iconic brands in U.S. electronics retailing with a 60-year legacy. With the longstanding leadership of our TigerDirect.com business and the growing contribution of our CompUSA business acquired last year, we think Systemax is uniquely positioned to best carry forward the great Circuit City brand in the online space."[/quote]

As part of our "Customer First" initiative, and respect for your privacy, you can opt-out of having your personally identifiable information transferred to the new Circuit City. Personally identifiable information may include name, address, email, phone, and purchase history. However, it DOES NOT include credit card data or other personal financial information; this information will not be transferred to us at all. If you opt-out prior to June 9th, your personal information will be purged and you will no longer receive email communications from Circuit City.

If you wish to Opt-out of having your personal information transferred to the new CircuitCity.com, you can click here to opt-out now. If you have no objections, thank you. Stay tuned to discover the new and exciting world of the re-launched CircuitCity.com: Lower Prices, Wider Selection, Faster Shipping, World Class Service!

opt out here - http://mail.circuitcity.com/p/Circuit_City_Backup/cc_web_optout

This is just a mirror of Systemax/Tigerdirect. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Just sayin, might as well just go to TigerDirect.com.

bread's done
Back