circuitcity.com droped Soul Caliber 2 to $19.99 Xbox, Ps2, and Cube

Thanks, bought SC2 when it first came out but sold it less than 2 weeks later. Just picked it up again, and the PSOne GameShark for $2 that I had in my cart a little while back but was out of stock is apparently back in stock too. AND free shipping on the whole thing. Rock on.

Controller:
1. PS2
2. Xbox s-type
3. gamecube

exclusive character:
1. gamecube
2. xbox
3. ps2 (I hate Heihachi...)

Loading time / graphics
1. xbox
2. gamecube
3. ps2

I would decide what to get based on these three categories, as they are the main differences between the three versions. I think the controller is most important, since it directly affects the gameplay a lot. However, Link's very cool and fun to play with, and Xbox has negligible load time.

[quote name='mememe']Dam i should of bought this insted of craptacular fzero:([/quote]

just because F-Zero is too hard for you does not mean it sucks

yeah dude, theres a total diffrence between things that suck, and things you dont like. tomb raider sucks. goldberg sucks. f-zero may not be for everyone, but is a good game

[quote name='guyver2077']here we go again....love pickin on me huh lol

and shaq-fu for damn sure sucks monkey nuts[/quote]

all in good fun dude, dont take it personally :D

[quote name='punqsux']yeah dude, theres a total diffrence between things that suck, and things you dont like. tomb raider sucks. goldberg sucks. f-zero may not be for everyone, but is a good game[/quote]

someone sounds like DDF :wink:

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='guyver2077']here we go again....love pickin on me huh lol

all in good fun dude, dont take it personally :D[/quote]

dont worry bout it

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='punqsux']yeah dude, theres a total diffrence between things that suck, and things you dont like. tomb raider sucks. goldberg sucks. f-zero may not be for everyone, but is a good game[/quote]

someone sounds like DDF :wink:[/quote]

im totally the DDF of wrestling

[quote name='guyver2077']here we go again....love pickin on me huh lol

I didn't get this at first, because I now instinctively translate shaq-fu with the swear. The things CAG do to you... :roll:

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='punqsux']yeah dude, theres a total diffrence between things that suck, and things you dont like. tomb raider sucks. goldberg sucks. f-zero may not be for everyone, but is a good game[/quote]

someone sounds like DDF :wink:[/quote]

im totally the DDF of wrestling[/quote]

i somewhat forgive your lack of wrestling knowlege (ahem..goldbergs da man) just for having the aki 64 games in your collection.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']In case anyone cares, yeah, this should be a universal price drop for all 3 systems everywhere.[/quote]

Yeah, gamecrazy dropped the price of these games on may 10th as well. All the ones I saw at gamecrazy were the non greatest hits version, if you guys care. I'm sure if you go to CC they'll have the normal covers.

[quote name='guyver2077'](ahem..goldbergs da man)[/quote]

If by that you mean he is A man, then you'd be correct. But he is not THE (or DA) man. That would be Les Claypool.

You should know better. [-X

Hmm, my Xbox collection has been lacking a fighting game, I may have to pick this one up.

Been planning to get either this or DOA3 eventually, which is better?

[quote name='wubb']Hmm, my Xbox collection has been lacking a fighting game, I may have to pick this one up.

Been planning to get either this or DOA3 eventually, which is better?[/quote]
Soul Calibur 2 is MUCH better. Better fighting system, better character selection. Unless, of course, you care more about chicks than gameplay.

[quote name='Battousai1002'][quote name='wubb']Hmm, my Xbox collection has been lacking a fighting game, I may have to pick this one up.

Soul Calibur 2 is MUCH better. Better fighting system, better character selection. Unless, of course, you care more about chicks than gameplay.[/quote]

That is not a fair assesment. Soul Calibur is the better game, but if you put it that way then everyone would go for DOA3.

P.S. I know what you mean by what you said, just that others might understand differently.

I will have to pick this up at Best Buy if they have it for $19.99. This would be my third fighting game for Xbox. Mortal Kombat, DOA3 and SC2! :)

DOA3 and SC2 are different games. I don't think you can brush off DOA3 simply on T&A demerits.

DOA3 is a fun for other reasons outside of the bouncy ladies. The T&A is more of a sidenote to the series than it is the main appeal. I think the reverse system in DOA3 is very well done.

That said, DOA3's biggest flaw is a lack of replayability. Outside of seeing the oftentimes nonsensical cut scenes (gorgeous as they are), there's just nothing else there.

If you want to spend $20 on a fighting game, then here's the order of preference, one being the best and moving down:

(1) Soul Calibur 2 (All systems)
(2) Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (PS2)
(3) Def Jam Vendetta (PS2, GCN)
(4) Dead or Alive 3 (XBOX)
(5) Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2)

I'd avoid Tekken 4 -- controls are mediocre and graphics are "eh."

hey guy's i had a question?.. is the xbox version link able? with 2 xbox's??
need to know if i'm going to buy 2 , so my son & i can fight each other.
i've played it before SC2 on the gamecube & it rocked! so i guess on xbox
it should be cool 2. & if we can fight each other in diffrent rooms would be even sweeter!!

thanx in adv. :lol:

[quote name='fullhavok']hey guy's i had a question?.. is the xbox version link able? with 2 xbox's??
need to know if i'm going to buy 2 , so my son & i can fight each other.
i've played it before SC2 on the gamecube & it rocked! so i guess on xbox
it should be cool 2. & if we can fight each other in diffrent rooms would be even sweeter!!

thanx in adv. :lol:[/quote]

Umm... it's a fighting game... thus rendering system link worthless. Still a fun game though. You and your son will just have to tolerate sitting next to eachother to play it.

I'm gonna pick this one up... but im stuck between getting it on PS2 or Xbox... controls or character? Hmm..

[quote name='drsuper23'][quote name='Battousai1002'][quote name='wubb']Hmm, my Xbox collection has been lacking a fighting game, I may have to pick this one up.

Soul Calibur 2 is MUCH better. Better fighting system, better character selection. Unless, of course, you care more about chicks than gameplay.[/quote]

That is not a fair assesment. Soul Calibur is the better game, but if you put it that way then everyone would go for DOA3.

P.S. I know what you mean by what you said, just that others might understand differently.[/quote]
Yeah, you're right. I should've worded it differently.

I picked up a copy at CC today for $20. Great game to have if you're a fighting fan. I would recomend using a fighting stick for added fun.

bread's done
Back