CircuitCity.com (ITS BACK!) - Some rare sealed PS2 games (SMT:DS) - TWEWY 20.99

aeri

CAGiversary!
Well I hope this is the right post. But circuitcity.com is back!

Rummaged through all 27 pages of the videogame section, feel free to if you'd like to also and found quite a few nice titles for decent prices.

EDIT: The World Ends With You only 20.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3620664&CatId=3023

CircuitCity.com
Devil Summoner 1 -$ 48.99
Tales of the Abyss -$ 28.99 *search tale of the abyss*
Wild Arms 4 -$ 20.99
Wild Arms Alter Code F -$ 28.99

Prices for the games new on amazon marketplace
Devil Summoner 1 -$ 69.95
Tales of the Abyss -$ 62.98
Wild Arms 4 -$ 44.95
Wild Arms Alter Code F -$ 59.90

Might be a few other nices ones buried there too, but that's my findings. Also might as well pick up the .99 stack of 25 DVD R+'s and if you want, a $3 4gb thumbdrive :)

As for me... Subtotal: $ 215.92 Ooops :# Shipping is free (actually 1.99 handling) on expensive orders too (was on mine), I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drkirby']The cheap one![/QUOTE]
I lolled.

I figure worst thing that happens is I'll have to file a claim with my CC company that I didn't receive the item. Mine still hasnt been canceled yet, and if they fulfill orders by who-placed-order-first I should get all the games I ordered - hopefully. I ordered right away so lets hope :D

Not impressed in the least. Almost everything here you can find cheaper elsewhere. I saw that CC "was back" and got excited, thinking they would possibly be liquidation deals. And yes, the shipping is atrocious.

[quote name='batman1939']I know when Circuit went out of business some idiots were selling their giftcards so if I find one cheap on eBay can I use it at circuitcity.com?[/QUOTE]

For one, I don't believe there was an input for giftcards. And two, i highly doubt they'd let you use them as it's a completely different company - though I may be wrong

[quote name='batman1939']I know when Circuit went out of business some idiots were selling their giftcards so if I find one cheap on eBay can I use it at circuitcity.com?[/QUOTE]

hey here's your answer

Purchases Made Prior to March 31, 2009
Customer service, including warranty claims, regarding purchases prior to March 31, 2009 from Circuit City retail stores or online cannot be handled by the new CircuitCity.com. If you are having trouble with a specific product, you can click here to find the manufacturer support phone number and website for hundreds of the top PC and electronics manufacturers. Extended Warranty Programs CircuitCity.com cannot handle warranty contracts issued prior to March 31, 2009, or solicit renewables or replacements of existing warranty contracts issued prior to March 31, 2009. Customers seeking assistance with extended warranty plans purchased at Circuit City (either online or in a retail store) should contact – at 1-800-555-4615 for assistance. Circuit City Credit Cards The Circuit City private credit card is not accepted at CircuitCity.com. For payment and account issues, contact ASSURANT SOLUTIONS at 1-800-555-4615. Circuit City Gift Cards and Store Credits Circuit City Gift Cards are not accepted by CircuitCity.com. Circuit City in-store credits issued prior to May 2009 are not accepted by CircuitCity.com. Customers should contact 1-800-555-4615 for additional information.

http://www.circuitcity.com/sectors/help/contactus.asp

[quote name='Neotribal']Ew. Systemax/Tigerdirect. Avoid them like the plague.[/QUOTE]

Agree -- although Newegg is slightly better. Systemax is just a rip off -- after everything gets sold by Systemax for Circuit City, the site will close.

hmmm tempted to get in on a sealed devil summoner... but with all the Shin Megami Reprints I am on the fence. I already have 2 copies of Abyss so pass on that one.

just an observation:

Behind Odin Sphere it says greatest hits in the title but however behind games like Star Ocean, FF X, FF X-2, and KH II it does not. I am guessing those will most likely be GH versions even if it does not say behind the title.

I wish all those could be black labels sealed (minus X-2).

Well my order status for the 4 games got updated today. "To Drop Shipper"

Lets hope I receive some stuff! :D

most stores were told to trash the gift cards when they went under, we did, reminds me of the days of gameboys being sent in psp boxes, but instead they were selling useless giftcards, when kbtoys went down we were still selling the giftcards and had to refund people for them because we didnt realize they shouldnt be sold, considering at walgreens (not sure about other stores) most gift cards have 2 barcodes, one was saying do not sell while the other was letting us, which the irony is lately our blockbuster cards have been doing the same thing.

cant say im glad to see them back, to be honest ill never shop there, ill shop from the other 2 sites owned by the group but just the name being there means i wont order from them, never had a single issue with tigerdirect, i love their b&m in raleigh has good prices and very helpful and nice workers, last time i ordered through them dhl lost my package not only did they refund my money but sent my item with nextday through ups.

[quote name='appleyum']Something wrong with World Ends with You

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3620664&CatId=3023
$20.99

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3825364&CatId=3023
$39.99

Which one is the right one?[/QUOTE]

The answer is neither of them (it's a trick question).

Up until a little while ago, the correct answer was Walmart.com for $15.82, but they sold out sometime earlier today. Now the correct answer is Gamestop for $19.99/$17.99.

has anyone gotten any shipping confirmations yet? im skeptical about the new CC. im guessing that they dont have alot of these in-demand games but yet they still show that its in stock.

Did they keep the old Customer Support people? I've had a hard time the 3 times I called them about an order, I could have been unlucky but the attitude and lack of knowledge about orders is the reason I stopped using the site a long time ago..... If you don't want your information sent to the new owners, there's an opt-out link on this page: http://www.circuitcity.com/sectors/opt-outv2.asp .

[quote name='phear3d']has anyone gotten any shipping confirmations yet? im skeptical about the new CC. im guessing that they dont have alot of these in-demand games but yet they still show that its in stock.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Mine said "To drop shipper" last week but now says, "All backordered".

I'm not pissed or anything, I didn't expect anything out of this anyway.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2347643,00.asp
On March 8, Circuit City went out of business. In April, systems builder Systemax purchased the company's e-commerce business, CircuitCity.com, which relaunched over the weekend.

There's one problem, however: if you buy anything from the site, don't expect to easily return it, according to some rather draconian return policies unearthed by The Consumerist.

The real issue, it appears, is that CircuitCity.com has posted a rather innocuous return policy on one page of its site, and the much more restrictive one excerpted to the top left.

The company's legal page reads, in part:

CircuitCity.com's 30 day limited warranty is a defective exchange policy that provides for either repair or replacement (at our sole discretion) of merchandise that has been confirmed as defective by either the manufacturer or CircuitCity.com. Leased merchandise is not eligible for this warranty. Due to licensing and copyright laws, we do not accept returns on software once a package has been opened.

No real surprises there.

However, the site's return policy looks like a newspaper from the 1840s, full of headings and subheadings and bold print and capitalized warnings. In reality, the remainder of the site's return policy seems fairly straightforward, with the standard disclaimers about returning digital media and ink.

Systemax purchased Circuit City's e-commerce business for $6.5 million in cash plus a share of future revenue generated utilizing those assets over a 30 month period. The company also purchased as many as 16 retail stores from CompUSA in January, a deal worth about $30 million.

http://consumerist.com/5267463/circuitcitycom-reborn-as-circuit-city

Hmm I believe I was one of the first to order the stuff off of here (as I was OP.)

Checked order status today, I swear that yesterday all said "TO DROP SHIPPER." Today I checked, both Wild Arms Alter Code F and Tales of the abyss don't say thing anymore. Wild Arms 4 says "BACKORDERED" and Devil Summoner 1 still says "TO DROP SHIPPER."

Even if all items are canceled besides the 99 cent DVDs, hopefully I wont have to pay shipping :) But lets hope both Wild Arms and Tales of the Abyss come.

I just received an email saying my whole order had been cancelled. I ordered Wild Arms Alter Code F & Tales of the Abyss. Definitely can't say I'm surprised.

I also just ordered Wild Arms and Tales of the Abyss only to get cancelled. It was never a deal in the first place.

Check your invoice on the CC website. I got 3 emails saying my order was canceled but thus far only 1 item has been cancelled.

[quote name='salparadise78']I just received an email saying my whole order had been cancelled. I ordered Wild Arms Alter Code F & Tales of the Abyss. Definitely can't say I'm surprised.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing, but then they sent me another email saying my order was still being sent out. Tales of the Abyss is definitely a no-go, but it looks like they're trying to fill the Devil Summoner order. I'll let you guys know what happens.

I decided to go ahead and take a stab at getting Devil Summoner. I tried to order it from a Stootsi site only for the order to be cancelled due to being out of stock and the price of the game suddenly increasing $40 bucks. Here's hoping.

bread's done
Back