Circuitcity PS3 $29.99 Sale not GH?!?!?

ravenfury

CAG Veteran
I just got Resistance Fall of Man at circuitcity this morning and it's not Greatest Hits Red!! I'm not sure it the rest are the same. I believe there was only one copy in the store that I went to. (Had to take a empty box to customer service to buy)

Generally when GH's are introduced, there are still copies of the older versions available, depending on where you shop... since the GH's have JUST been introduced, this was no big deal...

BTW... this is in the wrong forum

Some stores have GH version and some stores still have Original cover art version. U still see non GH version for while untill Sony empty all the inventory copies. I'll wait till next week to pick up my copy at Kmart for $20 after $10 off coupon.

So irc_email will feel better: This is not a deal. Your post makes baby Jesus cry and cities will burn!

= )

Kmart has these advertised and an instore booklet with a coupon for an additional $10 off...so those titles are $19.99

I work at CC; we got a bunch more copies of Motorstorm, Warhawk, and Resistance in the other day. All without the "Greatest Hits" header. Warhawk with the bluetooth headset is still available and should be $30. It'll only be a matter of time before the copies with the GH header will start popping up everywhere

Gotta swing by CC soon and see if I can find Warhawk w/ headset. I could use a decent BT headset for the PS3 and my cell phone, and 30 bucks for that and Warhawk isn't bad at all.

If I didn't already have warhawk, I'd be grabbing that with the headset in a heartbeat. Might get Resistance though.

how is the headset that came with warhawk? is it decent quality? anyone have the brand/model # of the thing?

[quote name='jallen']how is the headset that came with warhawk? is it decent quality? anyone have the brand/model # of the thing?[/quote]

Jabra BT125

[quote name='jallen']how is the headset that came with warhawk? is it decent quality? anyone have the brand/model # of the thing?[/QUOTE]

Jabra BT125. I can't say on the quality since I just bought the bundle today myself.

[quote name='Montes']hehe...
Went to CC and got Warhawk for 24 bucks!

I love the chaotic communication among employees.[/quote]

How'd you get it for $24?

[quote name='TURBO']Am I the only one who likes the red cases?[/quote]

u can count me in as well man! i really have no idea why they hate it that much... i actually like it.

[quote name='TURBO']Am I the only one who likes the red cases?[/QUOTE]

Do you really want a mix of clear and red PS3 cases on your shelf?

[quote name='jallen']how is the headset that came with warhawk? is it decent quality? anyone have the brand/model # of the thing?[/quote]
i think it's pretty good quality. i use it for cod4 a lot and it works fine, and it works with my cell phone just fine. the people i talk to say my voice quality is clear, and i can usually hear them okay. i think if you find warhawk with the headset for 30 that's an amazing deal, since warhawk is such a great game too.

So when is this price drop supposed to be official? I see these new prices in some stores' ads, but not others. And some stores still list them at full price.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Some stores have GH version and some stores still have Original cover art version. U still see non GH version for while untill Sony empty all the inventory copies. I'll wait till next week to pick up my copy at Kmart for $20 after $10 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I missed something, but is it not that the coupons applies only to Motorstorm and Resistance?

I went to my circuit city and right when I was about to pay they double checked and realized that the warhawk without the bluetooth was the one that was $30. So I went to best buy to price match game with the bluetooth. Thank you price matching.

Scored one in Sacramento - I think a couple CAG's were waiting at the door with me. They had 5 at opening, I saw 3, including my own, checkout within 5 minutes of opening.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Gotta swing by CC soon and see if I can find Warhawk w/ headset. I could use a decent BT headset for the PS3 and my cell phone, and 30 bucks for that and Warhawk isn't bad at all.[/QUOTE]
the one w/ the headset is priced differently from the one w/o it by 20 bucks isn't it?

[quote name='freshzen']Do you really want a mix of clear and red PS3 cases on your shelf?[/QUOTE]
actually yes. lol. i like the variety.

i mean look at your avatar. red white & blue. would the Steal Your Face dead skull look better if it was just plain white?

Just picked up mine in Athens, GA...had to get a manager to override the price for the headset version...but wasn't a problem with the website printout.

[quote name='JDLion']I went to my circuit city and right when I was about to pay they double checked and realized that the warhawk without the bluetooth was the one that was $30. So I went to best buy to price match game with the bluetooth. Thank you price matching.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I just came back from price matching at BestBuy for Resistance and Warhawk + headset for $30 each ^^

i got what i think was the only one they had in stock at the CC in Rockville, MD.

it had a sticker of $59.99 on it and i asked them to check the price in the register. she scanned it and it was still $59.99 so i asked if they PM to the website. she said yea and how much was it there and i said $29.99. she didn't verify or anything, she just rang it up for $29.99.

probably coulda gotten it for like $10 if i wanted :p

My Circuit City had absolutely 0 copies of warhawk (despite posting ads for it all over the section). I shouldn't be too surprised, given that it's circuit city...

What does case color have to do with the quality of a game? I mean, seriously? The game is the same whether or not it's GH or non-GH, unless it's a revamped version like the Silent Hills and numerous other ones were last gen, where they added or fixed stuff for the GH versions.

Either way, I may try and pick up Warhawk just for the headset, then trade the game into Gamestop or FYE or something, since I doubt I'd like the game.

I picked up both Resistance and Warhawk (with headset) for $59.98 at the Jantzen Beach CC. They had to call the Operations Manager over and he scanned the regular Warhawk to show me that was the one that was on sale and to show his cashiers...but he still gave me the discount since he admitted it wasn't clear and he seemed like a legit dude.

But I may have killed the deal for other CAGs since the cashiers are aware of the different versions :(

went to CC and they said only the GH was $30 so i had to go to best buy and PM. with the PM difference it was 26.99 + tax :D

My Circuit City too claimed that it was the non-headset version for $30. However, their website has the headset version for $30. Will try again tomorrow PM'ing their website.

There it goes.

Employees got kind confused with discount and gamerscard.

There were many many left. ( I was there 20 minutes after it was open)

[quote name='jpw21683']My Circuit City too claimed that it was the non-headset version for $30. However, their website has the headset version for $30. Will try again tomorrow PM'ing their website.[/quote]

thanks for the heads up man going to PM as well

I just showed them the weekly ad that warhawk was supposed to be 29.99 marked down from 59.99 and they gave me the cheaper price on the game with headset.

bread's done
Back