Circuitcity PS3 $29.99 Sale not GH?!?!?

ravenfury

CAG Veteran
I just got Resistance Fall of Man at circuitcity this morning and it's not Greatest Hits Red!! I'm not sure it the rest are the same. I believe there was only one copy in the store that I went to. (Had to take a empty box to customer service to buy)

[quote name='mj1984']I just showed them the weekly ad that warhawk was supposed to be 29.99 marked down from 59.99 and they gave me the cheaper price on the game with headset.[/quote]
That's what I tried too, but they wouldn't give it to me.

[quote name='joker______']thanks for the heads up man going to PM as well[/quote]
I just noticed that they've changed the price on their website back to $59.99 for the headset version. DAMMIT!!!

[quote name='jpw21683']I just noticed that they've changed the price on their website back to $59.99 for the headset version. DAMMIT!!![/quote]I see that, too. WTF?

[quote name='jpw21683']I just noticed that they've changed the price on their website back to $59.99 for the headset version. DAMMIT!!![/quote]

Looks like they noticed their error. Now Warhawk with the headset is $59.99 and the one without the headset reflects that sale price of $29.99. Great for those who got it and for those able to get it from here on out. Good luck. I am going to try to PM the flyer.

Actually you're best bet is to see if anyone saved the cached version for $29.99 Just print it out and PM it to BB or Sears (which a lot of people forget will do a 110% PM difference).

Well what I am curious to know is if they SKU for the Greatest Hits version is the exact same SKU for the NON GH version with the Headset. If they are then they should be ringing up the same. I mean you go into any store that has say... God of War II and God of War II GH, they're both the same SKU thus ringing up the same.

Went to Circuit City in Warrington, PA last night and all they had was plenty of the regular verions of Warhawk, Motostorm and Resistance - no GH were even on the shelf.

[quote name='tacgnol']Well what I am curious to know is if they SKU for the Greatest Hits version is the exact same SKU for the NON GH version with the Headset. If they are then they should be ringing up the same. I mean you go into any store that has say... God of War II and God of War II GH, they're both the same SKU thus ringing up the same.[/quote]
Nope. The headset SKU rang up for $59.99.

I'm sure the GH SKU = NON-GH SKU w/o headset.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just saved on my PC. Hold on, I'll post up the page shortly.[/QUOTE]

That'd be great. I'll be waiting anxiously. :bouncy:

Went to Best Buy in Greenwood, IN and didn't have to PM at all. They had the Headset Warhawks marked at $29.99 already. Picked up that and Resistance (also for $29.99).

[quote name='trabbahabba']Went to Best Buy in Greenwood, IN and didn't have to PM at all. They had the Headset Warhawks marked at $29.99 already. Picked up that and Resistance (also for $29.99).[/quote]
If all else fails, I can try BB. But I have a $20 CC gift card, so only having to pay $10 would be awesome.

iNCREDiPiNOY...yes, please!

There you go...

warhawkbundlewithwirelehk8.png
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/855/warhawkbundlewithwirelehk8.png

[quote name='trabbahabba']Went to Best Buy in Greenwood, IN and didn't have to PM at all. They had the Headset Warhawks marked at $29.99 already. Picked up that and Resistance (also for $29.99).[/quote]

I just got in from a trip and was going to report this. I'm in Oklahoma City.

The cashier at CC was very snippy and pointed out that the game in the ad was the version without the headset. She did this in record time. I then went to BB to price match but the cashier quickly pointed out that the game rang up at $29.99.

iNCREDiPiNOY you are amazing man, i just priced matched at sears using your pic as the backup to the ad and they just said cool and did it. did it just for the headset, bu thinking that i might keep the game now, does anyone know the tiv of just game (i saw a $26 but was that for gs or bbv?)

[quote name='nil']I just got in from a trip and was going to report this. I'm in Oklahoma City.

The cashier at CC was very snippy and pointed out that the game in the ad was the version without the headset. She did this in record time. I then went to BB to price match but the cashier quickly pointed out that the game rang up at $29.99.[/quote]

Same here. I went over to Circuit City and tried to get the headset copy but they also had the game only package as well. I went over to Best Buy down the street and they had 4 copies of Warhawk. Went over the register and didn't even have to price match. The game is $29.99 which includes the headset.

--Michael

[quote name='Gumby the Green']iNCREDiPiNOY you are amazing man, i just priced matched at sears using your pic as the backup to the ad and they just said cool and did it. did it just for the headset, bu thinking that i might keep the game now, does anyone know the tiv of just game (i saw a $26 but was that for gs or bbv?)
[/quote]

Glad you took my advice about PMing to Sears ;)

But that PM should knock off at least $2.90 from the price tag.

I hope that any of you trying to grab the headset included version of Warhawk from an actual CC store don't have employees who may go on the website while you're there and do a search for Warhawk. Why, you may ask? Well, it brings up THREE listings for it, two for the version with the headset(one new, one used) and one for the game only GH version.

The headset versions come up $59.99 and $54.99 respectively for new and used and the game only one comes up $29.99. Only the used headset version is IN stock online right now, btw.

Linkage: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&searchType=user&keyword=warhawk&searchSection=All

[quote name='joker______']hey man is there a way to make this into a jpeg cause im havin trouble fitting it completely to print out it cuts off the price[/quote]
Use firefox, go to print preview, select shrink to fit, go to page setup, click on margin & header/footer tab, go to header & footer, highlight title then select custom, enter the name of that title and do the same for footer and change it to the correct url and then print!

I got Warhawk, but I'd rather have the MGS4 headset.

This game better not be bullshit. They fucked up big time by not following up with the PS1 original.

[quote name='Megalith']I got Warhawk, but I'd rather have the MGS4 headset.

This game better not be bullshit. They fucked up big time by not following up with the PS1 original.[/QUOTE]
why? the MGS4 headset is sub-standard. the only thing mildly appealing is it's appearance.

if you want a good headset get a Plantronics Voyager or Aliph Jawbone 2

I didn't even bother with Circuit City. Went to Best Buy, two copies w/headsets already marked down to $29.99. Bought one. Circuit City hasn't had a reason for me to purchase anything from them in several years, and they continue that trend.

[quote name='bfg9k']Regarding Warhark w/the headset, does anyone know if the actual game case is shrinkwrapped?[/quote]
Yes, the game is shrinkwrapped. Instead of having a UPC, it says "NOT FOR RESALE". No soup for you.

[quote name='bfg9k']Regarding Warhark w/the headset, does anyone know if the actual game case is shrinkwrapped?[/QUOTE]

Yes the game case is shrink wrapped.

Thanks OP, never would have thought of this had I not seen this thread. Don't have a PS3 yet so the game does nothing for me, but I needed a BT for my new phone. Even if we count the BT as worth only $10, that's $20 for a ps3 game which is pretty dang good.

CC cashier was hesitant, then almost did it, then almost called someone, then passed it to some other girl, and she did it no problem. Luckily they never checked the floor to see that, yes, there is a non-headset game that looks more like the pic in the ad.

[quote name='jpw21683']Yes, the game is shrinkwrapped. Instead of having a UPC, it says "NOT FOR RESALE". No soup for you.[/quote]GS will most likely still take it, I've seen plenty of not for resale items there and never had any trouble in regards to them.

[quote name='Megalith']I got Warhawk, but I'd rather have the MGS4 headset.

This game better not be bullshit. They fucked up big time by not following up with the PS1 original.[/quote]

I agree. The biggest thing that has turned me off of Warhawk is that it's an online only(I believe)multiplayer game.

While I've been having a blast on GTA IV online, I seriously doubt I'd have fun on this, especially since I'd be paying $30 for it. Now, once it hits $5, then we can talk.

Warhawk is a great game. We have two cag nights every week (friday and saturday) and the developers have been great with updates (third expansion comes out sometime soon and they just added two more free game modes with trophies on the way)

As someone who rarely plays online I have to admit I've enjoyed my time with Warhawk a lot more than I thought I would. The cheaper price probably helps, but I think I'll be keeping the game.

Now if only I didn't suck so much at flying the Warhawk.

My CC had 1 Warhawk left with the headset, but they wouldn't give it to me for $29.99. I didn't press the issue though. I just told him that I wasn't going to buy it for $60.

I then headed to Best Buy for something else and made a pass down the PS3 isle. They had 1 left with the headset as well, but it was priced $29.99 and rang up $29.99. So I of course bought it from them.

[quote name='jpw21683']Yes, the game is shrinkwrapped. Instead of having a UPC, it says "NOT FOR RESALE". No soup for you.[/QUOTE]

Um, actually, there IS soup for me. I asked because I wanted to keep the headset and sell or trade the game as new.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bfg9k']Um, actually, there IS soup for me. I asked because I wanted to keep the headset and sell or trade the game as new.[/quote]
My bad, man! Just assumed you were gonna try something not-too-legit. Didn't mean to take yer soup! :lol:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Use firefox, go to print preview, select shrink to fit, go to page setup, click on margin & header/footer tab, go to header & footer, highlight title then select custom, enter the name of that title and do the same for footer and change it to the correct url and then print![/quote]

thanks man but no go even w/ the print out at my store but its ok i went to BB & they had it w/ the headset for $30 np

Had a scare at the Dearborn, MI Beast Buy when all they had were GH cases on the rack. However, they said the actual product was at the register, so I went and scoped the merchandise cages up front and saw a couple of old boxes and snagged one.

anyone interested in buying mine? i'll sell it at cost. It was like $32 after taxes ... I'll sell it for $34 shipped and will take payment via paypal. I got it yesterday so it's virtually brand new, and I'll ship it with the receipt too.

PM me if interested. I just do not like the game.

and obviously, the headset is included.

[quote name='purbeast']anyone interested in buying mine? i'll sell it at cost. It was like $32 after taxes ... I'll sell it for $34 shipped and will take payment via paypal. I got it yesterday so it's ivirtually brand new, and I'll ship it with the receipt too.

PM me if interested. I just do not like the game.[/quote]

Purbeast and I are friends, and I'm selling mine too. I'll go the same price shipped - $34. Let me know via PM.

HH

EDIT: Pic...
65rcd5.jpg

Had GS do a look up for me on the way home on Warhawk. $11 base TIV for those who don't want to hassle with Ebay. Combine it with the 10%/20%/30% bonus as seen in it's own thread.

I just tried it and the first round I was dead last and clueless. 2nd round, I ended up 3rd somehow. The trick is first and foremost...

TURN OFF THE FRAKING SIXXAXIS CONTROLS!!!!:bomb:

Holy smoke, I went from hapless to almost having fun.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I just tried it and the first round I was dead last and clueless. 2nd round, I ended up 3rd somehow. The trick is first and foremost...

Holy smoke, I went from hapless to almost having fun.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it yet...but are the sixxaxis controls really that bad? I heard in one review they they give you more control...

Best Buy near me (Philadelphia suburbs) had non-greatest hits version of most of the games at the reduced prices...including the Warhawk bundle with the bluetooth headset. I didn't get it though because I already have a bt headset and wasn't all that interested in Warhawk.

I did pickup Resistance at $29.99 and used the 10% off coupon last night (last day for it). I'm a brand new PS3 owner and figured I couldn't pass that up. Got tired of my Xbox breaking, so I'd figure I'd switch teams LOL

[quote name='DirkBelig']I just tried it and the first round I was dead last and clueless. 2nd round, I ended up 3rd somehow. The trick is first and foremost...

Holy smoke, I went from hapless to almost having fun.[/QUOTE]

true. the sad part is this is probably the game that uses the SA best. but it's still terrible.

i come in close to last most of the time even w/ the SA turned off though. I'm so used to FPS on PC or gears/halo (which seem to have better controls for a console).

it's still somewhat fun even though i suck though. just flying around in that plane and shooting at ppl on the ground in hover mode. or flying into the other team's base & jacking a tank. can cause a little chaos before u get caught w/ a rocket.

With the motion controls enabled (the default setting), nearly all control of aircraft is by tilting and rolling the pad and it's just too laggy to be usable. You tip the pad to bank and turn and it feels like it's not working, so you tip it further and suddenly the plane reacts twice as much as initially intended. You spend more time battling the controls then your foes.

Even in stick mode, the controls are pretty ropey, especially as far as aiming goes, BUT compared to the motion controls, they're actually usable. Until you try turning off the motion crap, you can't really tell if you can get down with the game or not.

bread's done
Back