City of Villains 4.99 on Microcenter.com

[quote name='ITDEFX']or for me 4.99+ tax + gas

damn why the fuck is that game dropping so fast?[/QUOTE]

Because it is essentially an expansion, not a big surprise it is dropping. The game is still great and the next expansioalone (Cryptic's word) will be just as good. Even though I really only play Heroes, I still got COV for the content.

If you can get this game for less than $20, I highly recommend it. I've been addicted to City of Heroes/Villains for some time now. Also, you get a month free when you guy the game.

The upper level content is really great.

i was gonna say im pretty sure u wont find it for arround 10 bucks anywhere...at least i havent seen it so its not bad either way

[quote name='Synergy']If you can get this game for less than $20, I highly recommend it. I've been addicted to City of Heroes/Villains for some time now. Also, you get a month free when you guy the game.

The upper level content is really great.[/QUOTE]

see thats the problem, addiction. My first MMORPG was SW: Galaxies, poored my life into it for 2 years. Sony took a piss into the game and fucked it up for everyone. Saw many people quick including members of my guild and city...then it was my turn as my friends were gone to. I use to be a master TKA/Master Doc/Master BH until they fucked that up. Anyways after all that I decided to move to City of Heroes... it was halarious for a few months but when they started regulating your character name and forced me to change everything , i said forget it. gave it 3 months and then quit.

makes sence man thats why i have games that u have to pay for monthly...and thats why i love my guild wars...no monthly charge!!

How is that game anyway? I didn't want to try it by just looking at the cover, looks like X men legend copy cat.

It came out before X-Men Legends. ;)

As far as it being good, I think it is. A lot of people don't find it to be too deep in content, but it's good for a minor destraction nonetheless.

actually they havent changed at all its just you dont hear about it as much cause there are only 19 stores

[quote name='WebScud']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Men_Legends
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Of_Villians

No, it didn't. City of Heroes did, but only by four months of so. Besides, they don't play alike at all. Action RPG versus MMORPG.

Anyway.

Micro Center seems to be hot on game and tech deals lately. Out of nowhere. Does that surprise anyone else?[/quote]

lol you beat me to it. Thanks for correcting Cantatus.

I am not too keen on paying to play online when I am broke with all these game deals recently =/

[quote name='WebScud']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Men_Legends
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Of_Villians

No, it didn't. City of Heroes did, but only by four months of so. Besides, they don't play alike at all. Action RPG versus MMORPG.

Anyway.

Micro Center seems to be hot on game and tech deals lately. Out of nowhere. Does that surprise anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Ok, correct. CoV did come out after X-Men: Legends, but it's essentially an expansion of CoH, and therefore not fundamentally different. The gameplay is basically the same. Sorry for not clarifying. ;)

I know this is an MMORPG.... but not much else =)

Are they dropping the price on this because there is a new expansion pack coming out, and they are trying to get people into it before the expansion?

If you buy this game, I will guarantee 95% of you will get your fill of it within the free 30 days, and never touch it again.

So $4.99 for that 30 days is pretty decent.

[quote name='Roufuss']If you buy this game, I will guarantee 95% of you will get your fill of it within the free 30 days, and never touch it again.

So $4.99 for that 30 days is pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm thinking, still so many PC games I haven't played yet.

If shipping is $6 for 2 copies might get one for my friend as well

edit: $17 for 2 copies shipped and free 30 days....hmm...might get this

edit2: NCSoft? fuck that

You get a key with each copy that gives you 30 days. Order 12 copies of this and get a year of play for $60 plus shipping. Normally, a year subscription costs almost $150. I have done multiple keys on an account, so I know it works.

Also, the devs have announced that they are not going to do the paid expansion next year after all. All planned content from that expansion will instead be rolled out with normal quarterly (approximately) updates.

RagManX

[quote name='RagManX']You get a key with each copy that gives you 30 days. Order 12 copies of this and get a year of play for $60 plus shipping. Normally, a year subscription costs almost $150. I have done multiple keys on an account, so I know it works.

Also, the devs have announced that they are not going to do the paid expansion next year after all. All planned content from that expansion will instead be rolled out with normal quarterly (approximately) updates.

RagManX[/QUOTE]

You used the same character with different keys? Wow

[quote name='ne2eire']You used the same character with different keys? Wow[/quote]
Yes. You can add a key to an existing account. I extended my first account two months when I got 2 cheap new copies of CoH. That's how I know it works. But you have to add the keys to an existing account, not register a new account with the new key. Most folks do the process wrong, and end up with new accounts instead of extending their old accounts.

RagManX

[quote name='RagManX']Yes. You can add a key to an existing account. I extended my first account two months when I got 2 cheap new copies of CoH. That's how I know it works. But you have to add the keys to an existing account, not register a new account with the new key. Most folks do the process wrong, and end up with new accounts instead of extending their old accounts.

RagManX[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty cool, thanks for the info.

bread's done
Back