Civilization Chronicles $24.97 on Amazon/JR.com

Sarre

CAGiversary!
This is on Amazon but also at JR.com (and also in the J&R Park Row store in NYC). Very sweet deal, every Civilization game since the first one, I-IV, plus all expansions for Civ II and III (but none of the Civ IV expansions). Buying this plus the Beyond the Sword 2nd exansion for Civ IV ($17.99 at JR, and it includes almost all of the content from the Warlords 1st expansion) is only $3 more than buying the Gold Edition of Civ IV (which only includes Warlords, and of course none of the earlier games). It also comes with a History of Civ DVD, printed tech trees, a very nice booklet, and a complete card game, all in a nice slipcase. I got it in the JR store to save shipping, they had about 10-15 left on a bottom shelf in the budget area of their PC games section. Shipping is a bit high, but it looks like other Amazon vendors are clearancing it out too. I somehow spent 3 hours yesterday playing a PC game from 1993 - Civ has still got it :)

http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Ci..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220887606&sr=8-1

This is very tempting. I've been a Civ fanatic for some time now...

By the way, there are actually two expansions available for Civ IV. Warlords and Beyond the Sword, so if you want it all, it'd be a bit more.

It's out of stock at Amazon, so you have to pay $7 for shipping from J&R.

Anyway GoGamer has it for $23 and you can use dirty cheap shipping for, I think, $2-3.

I might buy it when is gonna be cheaper. After all Civ 1 is still my favorite game of all time :D!!!

Just an update - FYI it does not come with printed manuals - instead there is a seperate disc with unprotected PDF files for all the manuals for the games (plus some extras like mp3 music files of the soundtrack, wallpapers, etc). Which is a little irritating, since the digital manual for Civ IV is 116 pages long, and this is supposed to be a collector's item. Not a deal-killer though, I'm just printing it out on my laser-printer at work and binding it at Staples. Its still a bargain :)

bread's done
Back