Civilization V DDL $7.49

Oh nice, steam activated isn't it? Hmmm still playing SC2 for my strategy game but the civ games are always fun for the turn based.

[quote name='cday130']Isn't it Steam Play?[/QUOTE]

just don't download from amazon click to download later. you'll get an email with a cd ke and just input that into steam on mac and it will activate and download the mac version.

Why in the world does this game have such bad reviews on Amaon? I was thinking of picking it up but that's never a good sign.

truthfully I like Amazon reviews for home products and electronics, but for games they are very bad and inaccurate. I never look twice at the overall game reviews. IMO they're worthless. Any type of DRM, bam 1 star, bad launch, bam one star.

[quote name='abhinav']Why in the world does this game have such bad reviews on Amaon? I was thinking of picking it up but that's never a good sign.[/QUOTE]

Because a number of Civ IV fans hate Civ V with a passion, mostly because it's different than IV was.

This has Pitboss now, doesn't it?

I might have to resurrect my Civ4 Pitboss server and see if it'll run Civ5, get us a huge game going again.

Edit: Bollocks! Only a good year after launch and it doesn't have the bloody pitboss. Hopefully Gods and Spies brings it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I saw this thread on my phone earlier today and was going to buy it once I got home and added an Amazon gift card to my account and now it's $23... Guess I'll have to wait for another sale.

[quote name='Tuxedo38']Damn, I saw this thread on my phone earlier today and was going to buy it once I got home and added an Amazon gift card to my account and now it's $23... Guess I'll have to wait for another sale.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed this too... However, Impulse has it on sale right now as well.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/civ5?

I'm still going back and forth over it, since I'd rather get the game of the year edition

On another note, when they release a game of the year edition doesn't that usually include all dlc? So what's the point of a game of the year edition when there is more dlc coming?

One of the best strategy games out there. Turn based or not. Love it!!
grin.jpg

[quote name='testisbest']I just noticed this too... However, Impulse has it on sale right now as well.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/civ5?

I'm still going back and forth over it, since I'd rather get the game of the year edition

On another note, when they release a game of the year edition doesn't that usually include all dlc? So what's the point of a game of the year edition when there is more dlc coming?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the DLC is all that essential really. Some of it is map packs which is meh. Then the GOTY has Babylon, Spain, Inca, Denmark and Polynesia.

Out of all the DLC I liked Korea the best and that isn't even included in the GOTY.

I think the basegame alone is plenty fine in terms of content though, especially for this price.

I've got 527 games and counting on Steam (yeah, I know) and I've clocked more hours in this than anything else.

bread's done
Back