Civilization V for 29.99 at D2D

Sag604

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if anyone posted this or not, but Civilization is 37.49 at D2D and then you can use the promo code "ignbest" and you'll bump it down to 29.99. I'm not sure how long this is going to last, though. I bought mine just now from there.

here is the million dollar question... Does it activate on Steam?

edit

IT DOES! In for 1 :)
Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries and Microsoft DirectX.

What's the likelihood of this going lower during the steam Christmas sales? I wanna pick it up but I wont be able to play it for a few weeks so I dont need it today.

[quote name='rbanke']What's the likelihood of this going lower during the steam Christmas sales? I wanna pick it up but I wont be able to play it for a few weeks so I dont need it today.[/QUOTE]

The best they can do for the Treasure Hunt is $37.50, so I'd say the chances are slim it will go under $30; and again, no matter where you buy it from, it's Steamworks and therefore you can activate on Steam anyway.

[quote name='rbanke']What's the likelihood of this going lower during the steam Christmas sales? I wanna pick it up but I wont be able to play it for a few weeks so I dont need it today.[/QUOTE]Not going to happen. Just so you guys know, probably already do, it works fine with Steam :)

Very much worth getting. First Civ game Ive played and Im very pleased. Nothing like TBS. I love growing my empire. Its also quite easy on the eyes. I love the style and its been updated twice already. Theres also tons of DLC - not sure if you wanna buy it now but there was two new Civs and Scenarios released just yesterday. Well worth it if you ask me. Theres a total of two DLCs that provide new Civs and thats not bad to me. Wont be buying them now but when they goes on sale Ill get all the DLC.

The Amazon reviews of this version paint a grim picture of a game too simplified from the previous Civ (IV). I don't think I'll pay more than $20-25 for this one. With tax, D2D (with coupon) is making this one cost $32+. I've always got Civ IV to go back to. ;)

When the patches finally settle down, I'm sure they'll have this game down much lower and I'll probably have more room on my backlog, too.

This is probably the lowest I've seen from a store, though. It might have been $29.99 at Amazon for a time during BF.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']The Amazon reviews of this version paint a grim picture of a game too simplified from the previous Civ (IV). I don't think I'll pay more than $20-25 for this one. With tax, D2D (with coupon) is making this one cost $32+. I've always got Civ IV to go back to. ;)

When the patches finally settle down, I'm sure they'll have this game down much lower and I'll probably have more room on my backlog, too.

This is probably the lowest I've seen from a store, though. It might have been $29.99 at Amazon for a time during BF.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had it in my cart on BF for $30 but passed. Put this D2D deal in cart to ponder, when I saw I had some pre-existing credit of $5 I bit.

I have some good free time coming up the next two weeks, don't let me down Civ V.

im a civ junky, since the very first game. Ive seen the sun rise too many times because of that game. Still my game backlog is huge. This game has dropped, what, 40% in a matter of months. It will be $15 by summer or at least $20 with dlc. Ill hold out a bit longer.

Still, despite the reviews im looking forward to this game. I enjoyed the Civ Revolution games on the consoles and even my ipod and it dont get any more simplified than that. Late nights will be in my future come the $20 price point.

It's a great game. The combat has been improved greatly.

The only ting that has suffered were some of the bells and whistles that made the previous games have a lot of charm.

The base game is still crazy fun and the MP is also enjoyable. The only thing it has is a few bugs here and there.

Nice. I ended up doing this instead.

I could have added spain and inca civilization and scenario pack for $36 total thanks to the 20% off with the ign coupon. http://www.direct2drive.com/9613/pr...pain-(Isabella)-and-Inca-(Pachacuti)-Download

I decided to also add cradle of civilization map pack bundle at http://www.direct2drive.com/10117/p...adle-of-Civilization-Map-Pack-Bundle-Download And use the Bahhumbug 25% off... making it a total of $41.71. I think the 2 dlc packs are worth the extra $11.72 (normal price $17.45).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone had an issue buying the game? I had this error come up to me "You have exceeded the number of times you can attempt phone verification. Please contact Customer Service for further assistance."

While trying to do the pin authorization over the phone thingy magiggidy! I have to open up a support ticket and wait for an email response... and i cant reorder because it leads me to the same error message everytime i try.

Hey Backinblack STFU. You obviously know about this website so I don't think it would be too hard for you to go to the other website. Or maybe your fat greeby fingers are too big for your keyboard?

People like you are reasons new people don't like to post stuff on here. Show some gratitude of someone posting a deal instead of using a stupid negative remark acting like you're a somebody.

[quote name='Sag604']Hey Backinblack STFU. You obviously know about this website so I don't think it would be too hard for you to go to the other website. Or maybe your fat greeby fingers are too big for your keyboard?

People like you are reasons new people don't like to post stuff on here. Show some gratitude of someone posting a deal instead of using a stupid negative remark acting like you're a somebody.[/QUOTE]

You aren't new. Nice attempt at trying to make me feel bad about myself because I know how to post a deal.

The only way to redeem yourself would be to actually link people to the deal in the op, or do you even know how to do that? Not everyone has heard of direct2drive.

Thanks OP! Was on the fence about getting this game, I had played it before at a friend's house and loved it, but didn't want to shell out $50. It's a steal at $30! I got a code from D2D which I redeemed on Steam for the game.

Oh great everytime they call me for phone authorization, nothing is on the line. Oh great even better i have exceeded the times to get the pin.

bread's done
Back