Cladun: This Is an RPG - Coming this Fall?

I'm liking the concept but I became a bit skeptical when I saw NIS in the trailer. I'll keep an eye out for it though. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='SiK99']I'm liking the concept but I became a bit skeptical when I saw NIS in the trailer. I'll keep an eye out for it though. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

The game is awesome.

[quote name='pete5883']Go on.[/QUOTE]

Not something that I can easily describe. If you like Action RPGs with a lot of customization with an 8-bit feel, this game is for you. It can be pretty relentless at times, which is another nice thing since most games are very easy these days. Also the dungeons aren't very long on an individual level, so it works good for pick up and play in relatively short bursts.

It can also be one of the fastest games you complete too. When you first arrive at the town, you can head to the hole in the tree in the bottom right and instantly finish the game. I didn't spend long enough to translate what it actually says, but of course it was the very first thing I did when I played for a couple hours and forced me to restart the game because I didn't save after I made it to town. That'll teach me to click random menu choices. ~_~

I did mention that it's an action rpg, so you have a shield that requires a block button. You also have a jump and sprint button. If you catch yourself on fire, you can put it out in water or let it die out. However during that time your attacks will heal fire based enemies, which was rather amusing. The game also has a fair bit of puzzle solving in dungeons too in order to open the exit door. I didn't try any magic or skills now that I think about it, so I can't comment on that.

I loved every bit I played for a few hours I played it. I honestly didn't think it would release here and was planning to import it myself at some point. Glad to see that I don't actually have to do that.

[quote name='SiK99']I'm liking the concept but I became a bit skeptical when I saw NIS in the trailer. I'll keep an eye out for it though. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Everything NIS develops is awesome.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Everything NIS develops is awesome.[/QUOTE]

A Witch's Tale and Mana Khemia: Student Alliance were horrible. Atelier Annie was mediocre as well...

[quote name='SiK99']A Witch's Tale and Mana Khemia: Student Alliance were horrible. Atelier Annie was mediocre as well...[/QUOTE]

Atelier Annie and Mana Khemia: Student Alliance are developed by Gust. NIS just publish it by localized it and bring it to the states.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Everything NIS develops is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Ya, the majority of their developed games are good. The same rules applies to Atlus as well. The things they publish are either a hit or miss. You either going to love it or hate it. I never played Witch's Tale, but I did heard some negative reviews on it. I really hate that Prinny game. The platform sections and mechanics are terrible. Not to mention they're really unforgiving.

bread's done
Back