Classic Controller Adapters?

Kyattsuai

CAGiversary!
I don't know if it's too practical, but I'm somewhat fond of the Wii's Classic Controller. Does/could there exist a CC-to-PS2 adapter? It's got all the buttons in almost the same positions, minus the L3 and R3, and a superior d-pad, and the PS2 has a lot of 2D games/compilations that would great to play with it.

(I wasn't sure if this should go in the PS2 or Wii forum, but it seems to be more about the hardware, which is Wii, so that's how it ended up here.)

I've had an untested theory for a while now...

Let me start by saying, I totally agree with you. I really dig the CC.

The Classic Controller talks to the wiimote through a serial data stream:

Pin Cable color Description 1 Red 3.3V 2 Green SDA. I²C Serial Data 3 Red Connected to 3.3V inside attachment connector 4 - Not connected. 5 Yellow SCL. I²C Serial Clock. (400 kHz) 6 White Ground Now if someone with a lil' more electrical engineering than I were so inclined, you should be able to power the CC directly with 3.3 volts (slightly less than your USB voltage) decode and convert the signal to USB.

It'd require a microcontroller, say an Arduino.... maybe you can do it with a pic, I don't know enough to say for sure but...

What I'm getting at is the CC is, essentially, a complete controller as is and creating an adapter should be no more difficult than any other controller.

Wish I could be more help than "it's possible" but... yeah.

[quote name='Blaine']I've had an untested theory for a while now...

Let me start by saying, I totally agree with you. I really dig the CC.

The Classic Controller talks to the wiimote through a serial data stream:

Pin Cable color Description 1 Red 3.3V 2 Green SDA. I²C Serial Data 3 Red Connected to 3.3V inside attachment connector 4 - Not connected. 5 Yellow SCL. I²C Serial Clock. (400 kHz) 6 White Ground Now if someone with a lil' more electrical engineering than I were so inclined, you should be able to power the CC directly with 3.3 volts (slightly less than your USB voltage) decode and convert the signal to USB.

It'd require a microcontroller, say an Arduino.... maybe you can do it with a pic, I don't know enough to say for sure but...

What I'm getting at is the CC is, essentially, a complete controller as is and creating an adapter should be no more difficult than any other controller.

Wish I could be more help than "it's possible" but... yeah.[/QUOTE]

My sig completely signifies my feelings right now...

bread's done
Back