Classic Controller with LEDs

[quote name='PyroGamer']When are you going to mod it so you don't need to plug it into that fucking Wiimote?[/QUOTE]

I think this would be very possible, but it would cost $40 (because it would basically be set up like a wiimote)

[quote name='PyroGamer']When are you going to mod it so you don't need to plug it into that fucking Wiimote?[/quote]

I don't know electronics enough to do this mod, though I know there are those out there who will in the future eventually most likely.

[quote name='Vinny']I honestly think that looks stupid. But that's just me.

Thumbs up on the effort though.[/quote]

To each his own. Wish I had blue, then it'd look better imo, but you work with what you have. ;)

Thanks for the words/thoughts so far! :)

Nice hack, but I think the blue led that the Wii uses would go with the theme more. Either way, awesome mod even if you don't have the blue to do it.

Even though I agree that this mod is kinda, meh, I am always impressed when someone can say "I want to change this" and then can actually do it rather than say it.

So with that I say Kudos, and keep modding.

Good clean work. I imagine blue LEDs would be hot fire.

To Pyro: The CC has no innards that transmit wireless controls. To make it fully wireless, you're going to have to shove all of that in from the Wiimote. This is why the CC costs $20 instead of $40. It effect, it's a self-enclosed shell for the Wiimote. If you are that hung up about it, go get one of those clips from Nyko that anchors the Wiimote to it.

OP: I don't know the extent of your tech skills, but I'll ask anyway - what are the chances of creating a way for the CC to be used with GC games? It has all the necessary buttons (even the "digital click" of the GC's shoulder buttons), which makes me think it's just a question of how to get the signals from the controller to be successfully interpreted by the GC (or rather, the GC ports). Any clue?

Generic nerd comment: A girl who does mods? Be still mine heart.

I like the other mod of moving the wire placement from the bottom to the top of the controller. IT seemed simple enough and I may give that a try later.

Cool, but pointless. Still a lot better than the Wii that was modded into something 3 times as big so the GC controlers are in front. That was shit, thsi looks nice.

[quote name='David85']Cool, but pointless. Still a lot better than the Wii that was modded into something 3 times as big so the GC controlers are in front. That was shit, thsi looks nice.[/QUOTE]

Pointless??? All LED mods are pointless. The point is the cool light factor.

It's actually green, not yellow even though the pictures look yellow. I can't stress it enough that I didn't have blue, otherwise it would be blue.

To be honest, I might wait until my order of blue LEDs comes in to put up a tutorial, that way it looks the way I would like it to. This may suck for the people looking forward to a tutorial but I really would like to be finished with this. Waiting would kill 2 birds with one stone.

I'm afraid my knowledge of circuitry is extremely limited, but it's probably possible to get the CC to work for GCN games considering there is a NES->GCN connecter available.

Looks awesome but the yellow color isnt good. Blue would of been better.

Edit : Sorry I thought the color was yellow becuase of the pictures

[quote name='Strell']... what are the chances of creating a way for the CC to be used with GC games? It has all the necessary buttons (even the "digital click" of the GC's shoulder buttons), which makes me think it's just a question of how to get the signals from the controller to be successfully interpreted by the GC (or rather, the GC ports). Any clue?[/quote]

I would imagine it's probably impossible. Unless you were to hack the innards of a Wavebird and insert them into the classic controller, or design a bluetooth receiver that plugs into the Gamecube port like the Wavebird receiver.

BTW, nice mod OP !

[quote name='Strell']
...what are the chances of creating a way for the CC to be used with GC games? It has all the necessary buttons (even the "digital click" of the GC's shoulder buttons), which makes me think it's just a question of how to get the signals from the controller to be successfully interpreted by the GC (or rather, the GC ports). Any clue?[/quote]
I don't do a whole lot of modding, but I would assume it wouldn't be too hard assuming you are planning on actually plugging the CC into something that plugs into the GC ports. If you are trying to do it wirelessly it would be much more difficult/expensive.

Basically the options are cutting up a GC extension wire and splicing it into the CC or ripping apart a wavebird and doing the same thing. Making it wireless would also add a lot of bulk to it. I think the ideal option would be to make an extension that basically has a "female" connection that is the bottom port on the wiimote and a "male" GC controller connection to plug into the Wii so you could use the CC both with GC games and with the Wiimote.

Also, nice mod OP. Simple but a little something extra. Blue would look nicer though like everyone has said. I would like to see pics when you get those installed if you do.

I'd like to hear about what impact this may have, if any, on Wiimote battery life. Impressive work, but the Wiimote is a battery hog compared to the 360/PS3 controllers. It's nice work, but I'm worried about anything that would make me change my Wiimote batteries even sooner.

bread's done
Back