Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut

ducksoda7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
I was really excited and thought this find was worthy enough to get its own thread. I found a copy of CF SC, complete with box and manual!

Found this on Kijiji for $180 and counter-offered with $150. He accepted it and even knocked it down to $140 because he felt bad that I had to drive half an hour to get to him. He clearly knew what it was worth, but he waned to sell it to someone who wanted it more.

I'm just so glad to have this game, especially with the manual which is the rarest part of the game to find. Maybe this is a good excuse for me to build a complete N64 collection. :p

scaled.php

I used to have this game, was stupid and traded it in when I traded my n64 in for a dreamcast back in 1999. This thing went way up in price, I could have sworn I saw auctions for the cart last year at only $60-70. Just checked eBay and carts go from $120-150, crazy! Does your copy have one of those Blockbuster stickers on the back?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I used to have this game, was stupid and traded it in when I traded my n64 in for a dreamcast back in 1999. This thing went way up in price, I could have sworn I saw auctions for the cart last year at only $60-70. Just checked eBay and carts go from $120-150, crazy! Does your copy have one of those Blockbuster stickers on the back?[/QUOTE]
There was no possible way for you of knowing that it would become so sought after, though. Also, you picked a great system to buy. :)

I'm not sure if you're talking about the cart or the box, but there are Blockbuster stickers on both. The cart also has one of those redundant "Be Kind Rewind" stickers on it, ha ha.

Yeah, I think all Blockbusters put stickers on their games back then. I wonder if a copy without stickers exists. I was just curious. Damn it, now I want to play this now, haha. Well I do have Clay Fighters for Snes and 63 1/3 for N64, so I may play those today. If there weren't so many games coming out I want in the next few months I'd try to find a copy to buy of SC.

You could easily replace the back with another one that doesn't have the sticker. I've completely removed all evidence of a blockbuster sticker before that way.

I don't think I'll replace the back, I prefer to keep everything original. Plus I don't really mind the stickers, I find they make the feel of the cartridge more authentic since they were all 'rental only' copies. :)

[quote name='ducksoda7']I don't think I'll replace the back, I prefer to keep everything original. Plus I don't really mind the stickers, I find they make the feel of the cartridge more authentic since they were all 'rental only' copies. :)[/QUOTE]

I was about to say "I didn't even know this game existed!", but that would explain it... we didn't have a Blockbuster in our town up until just a couple of years ago and then it closed 3 months later.

Will have to look into this game and check out some screenshots. I always enjoyed Clay Fighter on the SNES.

Had the opportunity to buy this when my local blockbuster was selling used N64 games from it's rental library. It was boxed but I don't know if it had instructions. It was only 9.99 too.

I remember leaving the store, thinking about it, and returned the next day to buy it but it was gone. This was right after the next generation of systems hit and they were getting rid of N64 stuff.

Great find.

[quote name='LordFlux']I was about to say "I didn't even know this game existed!", but that would explain it... we didn't have a Blockbuster in our town up until just a couple of years ago and then it closed 3 months later.

Will have to look into this game and check out some screenshots. I always enjoyed Clay Fighter on the SNES.[/QUOTE]
There are only a few differences from the original CF, which include an extended intro, a few more characters and slightly different controls. Unless you're a hardcore collector, I'd say go for the original version.

This thread prompted me to check my collection, and son of a bitch, I have this. Cartridge only, but hey, pleasant surprise. Had no idea it was worth so much. Kinda tempted to move it, honestly.

[quote name='IanKazimer']This thread prompted me to check my collection, and son of a bitch, I have this. Cartridge only, but hey, pleasant surprise. Had no idea it was worth so much. Kinda tempted to move it, honestly.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations, man! If you're considering selling it you should probably do it soon before the price drops. The cart's value is a bit over $100 right now, which is the most it's ever been. Just a couple years ago, the cart was only worth maybe $40-50.

Congrats to you too, man! That thing looks immaculate. Mine's still got some stickers on it. For some reason it never even dawned on me to check up the collector's value of N64 games. I might need to take a closer look.

[quote name='wugenius']Had the opportunity to buy this when my local blockbuster was selling used N64 games from it's rental library. It was boxed but I don't know if it had instructions. It was only 9.99 too.

I remember leaving the store, thinking about it, and returned the next day to buy it but it was gone. This was right after the next generation of systems hit and they were getting rid of N64 stuff.

Great find.[/QUOTE]

Damn. That is exactly where i got one years ago. Sold it a long long time ago. Completely forgot about the thing. Had the box and the cartridge. No clue at this point what I got for it but the 40-50 a couple posts above seems a bit high for what I sold mine for.

bread's done
Back