Cleanup on Aisle 1: A Broken Heart

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I was driving home from work today, when it dawned upon me that I was currently out of bathroom tissue. So instead of stopping at the nearest gas station and sneaking a couple freebies out of the restroom in my jacket, I decided to actually pay money for some this time. That 1 ply gas station paper is rough on my soft, supple buttocks.:booty:

So I stop off at my local grocery store, which is one of those family owned places, that closes by 5 on Sunday nights. I walk in the door, and notice a very attractive female is working the register. So I instantly enter "Attack" mode, as I make my way to the back of the store for the toilet tissue. I decide to go with Charmin Double Roll, which means you get 8 regular rolls for the price of 4. What a bargain! As I'm standing in the aisle, I catch my reflection in the freezer case, and for a quick second, I pull myself together. I make the appropriate modifications to my look, and then make my trek up to the register. Surely, this fine young lass will see my thrifty spending habits, and that can only help me in the matter of winning her heart, right?

I approach the register with my toilet tissue, and my bottle of Dr. Pepper, and place it on the counter. I notice they are selling memorial buttons for $2, for a cause I'm not sure of. As I contemplate purchasing one, for the sole purpose of looking like a caring person, she finishes helping the guy in front of me. Ok VG, get it together, it's "Go Time". I push my items toward her, and I can smell her from across the counter. She smelled like that first warm day of spring after a long, cold, bitter winter. I decided not to use my standard grocery store opening line of "so, it's the first of the month already?", and went with something a little more traditional. As she began to scan my toilet paper, I let out a soft "Hello." I figured she might go for my "strong, silent type" routine. She replied back with a soft "Hi." Now we're getting somewhere...

As she rang up my total, I handed her my credit card (I never carry cash). I held the card in a way so that she had to make some kind of contact with my fingers, as I am a strong believer in the "Fallen" effect, that I can pass on my soul to others through contact. As we both waited for my receipt to print out, I could feel the tension in the air. It's the kind you feel right before your dog bleeds to death in your arms on a rainy April afternoon in 2001. But for some reason, I couldn't say anything. Her beauty had paralyzed me, as if she were some kind of Grocery Store Medusa. As I signed the receipt, I couldn't help but feel that this one, like many others, was slipping away. I needed to make one last ditch effort, if I was to court this Queen of the counter. As I took my bag from the counter, I let out a sly "thank you very much." Disinterested, she looked down and replied "Yeah...". My heart dropped to the floor like my mothers panties on prom night. Dejected, I returned back to my car, and contemplated for a moment about where I possibly could have gone wrong. Perhaps she didn't like me using credit on such a small purchase? Maybe it was the end of a long shift, and she just wanted to go home? Or maybe, she didn't like my "Hustler" brand Mastercard? Whatever the reason may be, I will never know. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I saw the sun setting in the distance. Appropriate, since my heart had gone from warm and bright, to cold and dark.

But I am not discouraged. Just as the sun rises and sets, so do I. I will be back tommorrow, and this time, I'll be paying with cash.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Tagged for later. I suspect this will not end well.[/QUOTE]
You do know VG lives in Rochester (or was it Mankato, I can't remember). We should make a cheapass trek down there to see this guy in action. It'd have to be worth a laugh.

Were you wearing your pimp suit?

superest_super_nerd.jpg

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You do know VG lives in Rochester (or was it Mankato, I can't remember). We should make a cheapass trek down there to see this guy in action. It'd have to be worth a laugh.[/quote]It might be tough to find him, considering how many Arby's and other similarly classy restaurants there are out there.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You do know VG lives in Rochester (or was it Mankato, I can't remember). We should make a cheapass trek down there to see this guy in action. It'd have to be worth a laugh.[/quote]I never meet people over the internet. Those things only end in akwardness, when you find out the girl you've been IM'ing for 2 years is actually a dude.....your uncle Ronny.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You do know VG lives in Rochester (or was it Mankato, I can't remember). We should make a cheapass trek down there to see this guy in action. It'd have to be worth a laugh.[/QUOTE]

We would have to get Kayden in on this too along with a video camera. Then again Kayden would spend half the time busting my ass for a picture previously seen in my profile picture so that might not be a good idea to bring him into this after all. ;)

[quote name='LiquidNight']It might be tough to find him, considering how many Arby's and other similarly classy restaurants there are out there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'd have to find out where he works first. He's bound to have posted it somewhere.

[quote name='Demolition Man']We would have to get Kayden in on this too along with a video camera. Then again Kayden would spend half the time busting my ass for a picture previously seen in my profile picture so that might not be a good idea to bring him into this after all. ;)[/QUOTE]
You took down the Tigger picture already?

That's disappointing.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I never meet people over the internet. Those things only end in akwardness, when you find out the girl you've been IM'ing for 2 years is actually a dude.....your uncle Ronny.[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about meeting up with you. We'd get a more authentic video of you hunting ladies if you didn't know we were there.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I never said anything about meeting up with you. We'd get a more authentic video of you hunting ladies if you didn't know we were there.[/quote]Finding me is like finding Sasquatch. It's very difficult, if not impossible, and we both have incredible back hair.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Finding me is like finding Sasquatch. It's very difficult, if not impossible, and we both have incredible back hair.[/QUOTE]

So we'll just have to hang around Arbys til you walk in right? ;)

*I'm going to leave ur mom jokes to Strell*

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Finding me is like finding Sasquatch. It's very difficult, if not impossible, and we both have incredible back hair.[/quote]

[quote name='Demolition Man']So we'll just have to hang around Arbys til you walk in right? ;)[/quote]No, because I never go IN to Arbys, remember? Drive-thru only.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']No, because I never go IN to Arbys, remember? Drive-thru only.[/QUOTE]

So what was that story again about you going IN Arbys one time?

Or was it Little Ceasars?

You know your miserable failures at hitting on women stories tend to all blur together after a good year or two.

[quote name='Demolition Man']So what was that story again about you going IN Arbys one time?

Or was it Little Ceasars?

You know your miserable failures at hitting on women stories tend to all blur together after a good year or two.[/quote]My "Stories" haven't been around for an entire year. And I went in to Little Caesars, not Arbys. And yes, I know, you think LC tastes like cardboard with ketchup.

Does sneaking a feel while handing over a credit card and saying "thank you" qualify as hitting on someone? You probably impressed her by buying only toilet paper and doctor pepper though.

[quote name='ITDEFX']VG, you must write romance novels for a living huh?[/QUOTE]

Or he just likes going from store to store trying to find women to hit on just so he can post his failures on CAG for all of us to laugh at.

Don't listen to the haters, VG!! Keep casting that line and one of these days you'll find true love! ...True love named Marge with two kids from a previous marriage and cigarette breath from a half a pack of Marlboros she smoked before noon. It will be the best sex you ever had.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I decided not to use my standard grocery store opening line of "so, it's the first of the month already?", and went with something a little more traditional.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That was a great story. Keep on telling them.

Hmm I don't know I find this amusing lol. Definately will have to wait and see how this ends. Also Kayden Get out your video camera, I want video.

bread's done
Back