Clerks X

I really hate Best Buy. I should know better than to buy something from there by now, but this was too cheap for a ViewAskew fan like me to resist. They had a ton of them so I grab one, check out, get outside, check the discs, and disc 1 is mangled. Huge fucking scratch right across the reflective side.

So I go back inside, wait 20 minutes in the exchange line get a new one, check the discs at the counter, they were not scratched, but had fingerprints on them. I figure I can deal with that, and it's better than getting a worse one, if two sets in a row already look like shit. I was already about at my limit and ready to throttle somebody.

I get home, check the this set out a bit more thoroughly, and one of the inserts is missing. The main booklet is there, but when I opened the first set, there was an advertisment or catalog for ViewAskew (I think) and it wasn't in this set. Plus, the fingerprints on the discs were almost stained into the surface. I had to Windex them, and it still didn't get rid of them completely.

RRGGHH! I'm still fuming...

And the thing that really burns me about both of the sets, is they had the original Buena Vista Home Entertainment seal on the plastic and the "It's a fucking 3-Disc DVD Set, Yo!" promo sticker as well as a "Made In Mexico" sticker on it, so they clearly were still factory sealed...

:rofl: Alright, alright, I've cooled down a bit. I just watched the Lost Scene they animated. I remember reading the comic book version, but this was just so much funnier. The DVDs seem okay, I'm just really particular about my stuff.

I forgot about that...Just went and watched that scene with my gf...she was laughing while saying "Thats SOOOO wrong!" while im just plain ol' lauighing...i cannot wait for the movie...either of them!!!

[quote name='b0bx13']The best price I've found so far is $20 at BB, and it was sold out. Any better/equal deals on it?[/quote]

Is that Blockbuster or Best Buy? It was $25 here at Best Buy but Blockbuster's new prices around here usually suck, so I'm curious as to which it is.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I really hate Best Buy. I should know better than to buy something from there by now, but this was too cheap for a ViewAskew fan like me to resist. They had a ton of them so I grab one, check out, get outside, check the discs, and disc 1 is mangled. Huge shaq-fuing scratch right across the reflective side.

So I go back inside, wait 20 minutes in the exchange line get a new one, check the discs at the counter, they were not scratched, but had fingerprints on them. I figure I can deal with that, and it's better than getting a worse one, if two sets in a row already look like shit. I was already about at my limit and ready to throttle somebody.

I get home, check the this set out a bit more thoroughly, and one of the inserts is missing. The main booklet is there, but when I opened the first set, there was an advertisment or catalog for ViewAskew (I think) and it wasn't in this set. Plus, the fingerprints on the discs were almost stained into the surface. I had to Windex them, and it still didn't get rid of them completely.

RRGGHH! I'm still fuming...[/quote]

isnt this the new clerks 3 disk
shouldnt it be sealed sounds like you are buying used at BB??
how does that work??

[quote name='cag1000'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I really hate Best Buy. I should know better than to buy something from there by now, but this was too cheap for a ViewAskew fan like me to resist. They had a ton of them so I grab one, check out, get outside, check the discs, and disc 1 is mangled. Huge shaq-fuing scratch right across the reflective side.

isnt this the new clerks 3 disk
shouldnt it be sealed sounds like you are buying used at BB??
how does that work??[/quote]

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']And the thing that really burns me about both of the sets, is they had the original Buena Vista Home Entertainment seal on the plastic and the "It's a shaq-fuing 3-Disc DVD Set, Yo!" promo sticker as well as a "Made In Mexico" sticker on it, so they clearly were still factory sealed...[/quote]

I was going to call you a dumbass, but maybe you're just illiterate or cixelsyd. :twisted:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I really hate Best Buy. I should know better than to buy something from there by now, but this was too cheap for a ViewAskew fan like me to resist. They had a ton of them so I grab one, check out, get outside, check the discs, and disc 1 is mangled. Huge shaq-fuing scratch right across the reflective side.

I got mine from bestbuy too WSB, when i opened the case the disk 2 just full out right on the floor, I was like wtf, luckily everything works fine.

[quote name='Supernothing']Am I the only dumbass who paid for a signed copy from J&SB Secret Stash?[/quote]

Probably just the only dumbass on CAG that did it.

WSB I bought mine at Best Buy Sunday for $20 and when I opened it everything looked good, but I didn't check the bottom of the discs. I'm particular about my stuff too. So now I gotta check when I get home tonight. Damn! :shock:

Also, sorry to jump off topic, but has anyone seen Jersey Girl and if so what's your opinion of it?

I saw jersey girl, and it was decent. Just don't watch it and look for it to be a "Kevin Smith" film. I plan on buying it soon.

[quote name='Supernothing']I saw jersey girl, and it was decent. Just don't watch it and look for it to be a "Kevin Smith" film. I plan on buying it soon.[/quote]

I agree, my wife loved it, so that right there means it's not a typical Kevin Smith movie.
I bought Clerks from BB as well, now I'm gonna worry all day til I get home to make sure it's in good condition.

[quote name='Supernothing']Am I the only dumbass who paid for a signed copy from J&SB Secret Stash?[/quote]

i ordered my Evening with Kevin Smith DVD like that...and i'll probably oreder an Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder the same way.

A signature is not worth $10 to me.....but I guess some people like that, so I see nothing wrong with it. I THOUGHT about doing it for EBAY possibly, but I never did order anything through Secret Stash

bread's done
Back