Clock Tower 3: 2 questions

gobz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My local supermarket (A&P) had like 14 copies of this game. Which is strange because the only games they had were CT3, Halo 2, and some other game which escapes my mind. Anyways, here be my questions:

1) Is this game any good?
2) Is this game semi-rare or rare?

I had to pick one up as I have the original and am a big fan of survival horror games in general.

1. It is really fun. Sometimes the conversations are funny so I get a good laugh at it. It is best described as a funny horror game.

2. No it is not rare at all.

Yes CT3 is really short. It reminded me more of a demo of a good game rather than a good game. Definitely only buy it if it is cheap.

Basically, enemies chase you and you hide from them until you reach the end of level boss fight. The hiding part is fun. The boss fights have some control issues. You have to pin down the boss by shooting 3 or 4 arrows at it. If you aren't quick enough the boss will shake off the pin and you will have to start over again. The controls for shooting the arrows are really bad.

If you are really into the genre, then track down a copy of Haunting Ground. It uses the same concept (hide from enemies) but has much better graphics and controls.

It's great but don't expect to ever finish it.

The difficulty takes an extreme ramp-up for the last boss fight, and to top it off he is extremely annoying. Just youtube the ending.

There are def some cool bosses tho
snip, snip!

The last boss isn't that hard. Just getting the timing down. Shoot an arrow and avoid fireballs. If some redish stuff is under your feets, you have to run too. Try to pin him down before he pins you. And create distance for yourself.

[quote name='camoor']It's great but don't expect to ever finish it.

The difficulty takes an extreme ramp-up for the last boss fight, and to top it off he is extremely annoying. Just youtube the ending.

There are def some cool bosses tho
snip, snip!
[/quote]

[quote name='hero101']The last boss isn't that hard. Just getting the timing down. Shoot an arrow and avoid fireballs. If some redish stuff is under your feets, you have to run too. Try to pin him down before he pins you. And create distance for yourself.[/quote]

I don't mind challenge but I must admit I found the boss gameplay mildly annoying, and for them to ramp the difficulty up on top of that was just too much for me.

[quote name='camoor']I don't mind challenge but I must admit I found the boss gameplay mildly annoying, and for them to ramp the difficulty up on top of that was just too much for me.[/quote]

ITA. The final boss fight was just really annoying. The controls made it a very slow and clumsy fight. IIRC it took about 1,000 years to whittle down his health bar.

Still, despite the clunky boss fights, CT3 does have some interesting ideas and gameplay in it. It is still worth a play.

Oh yeah, use you special arrows if you saved them up. You're hit R2 or something. And you don't have to charge them.

[quote name='camoor']I don't mind challenge but I must admit I found the boss gameplay mildly annoying, and for them to ramp the difficulty up on top of that was just too much for me.[/quote]

bread's done
Back