Closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='J7.']There's not free shipping, they added $4.99 shipping fee. And anyone who ordered before that fee was there will probably be charged as well even if there invoice shows there was no shipping fee.[/QUOTE]

What shipping option did you choose because the cheapest option there (which I think turns into free shipping or something) is only $2.99.

[quote name='Kaltic']What shipping option did you choose because the cheapest option there (which I think turns into free shipping or something) is only $2.99.[/QUOTE]

Did you try it with the CE? The CE has a special $4.99 handling fee. I decided not to get it and to just get the regular edition. I just tested it again and it's $4.99 for value shipping. They like to pull this crap with items that are a bit larger and in high demand.

See the CE description:
Additional handling fee of $4.99 will apply
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77632

[quote name='J7.']Did you try it with the CE? The CE has a special $4.99 handling fee. I decided not to get it and to just get the regular edition. I just tested it again and it's $4.99 for value shipping. They like to pull this crap with items that are a bit larger and in high demand.

See the CE description:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77632[/QUOTE]

Good ol Gamestop!

[quote name='J7.']There's not free shipping, they added $4.99 shipping fee. And anyone who ordered before that fee was there will probably be charged as well even if there invoice shows there was no shipping fee.[/QUOTE]

That would be illegal, so no. They may get a cancellation or a call/e-mail about it, but there's no way Gamestop would actually charge more than the invoice reads.

[quote name='J7.']Did you try it with the CE? The CE has a special $4.99 handling fee. I decided not to get it and to just get the regular edition. I just tested it again and it's $4.99 for value shipping. They like to pull this crap with items that are a bit larger and in high demand.

See the CE description:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77632[/QUOTE]

Yeah didn't check out the CE or anything for shipping. Just kind of figured all their shipping was the same, even though shipping a bigger heavier item should cost more to ship. Doubt this weighs much more though.

[quote name='qwerty1']How does it "kill" it. I agree seeing some random BS charge and having to pay tax sucks since we're all spoiled but its still a savings of about ~$15.00. The most i see Amazon doing is throwing in a $20 game credit with their pre-order but personally, i like cash savings more.

The single player campaign of this one title will be longer than all 3 campaigns from the original and it still has all 3 factions fully playable for multiplayer which is what i'd guess most people care about so i really fail to see your logic here. Will they improve and add new units with each release causing multiplayer incompatability? Most likely yes. Does that make them greedy? Not in my opinion. Just a different way to release legitimate, and not to mention epic, expansion packs.

Personally i was bitter like you but now i'm happy with the way its being release. If its going to take them this long to reach their goal of content for just one faction i dont think we'd of seen an actual fully completed 3 faction game until 2013-2014. If i'm proven wrong and they shoot out the following releases within 6-8 months of each release....well then i go back to being bitter with you ;).

People pay $60 for console/PC games that give them ~6 hours of singleplayer story and no multiplayer all the time [God Of War, Bioshock etc..], so if its an arguement of value you lose out the gate.[/QUOTE]

You have accepted the fact that they are gonna rob your face dry because its blizzard.
Some people don't want to pay for single player thats longer than the original game(whoopee!).
I myself preordered it off newegg(non SE) for $50, hope it doesnt change to $60.

[quote name='tekzor']You have accepted the fact that they are gonna rob your face dry because its blizzard.[/QUOTE]

I know there is always someone that says this, but still needs to be said.

We should be giving Blizzard as much money as possible considering they now apparently have magical powers that can force you to buy something that is ENTIRELY OPTIONAL. I mean it isn't like Blizzard is the only company making corn, which equals food... which equals necessary to live, and is then making the price super high. They just rose the price of a LUXURY item to be higher.

I'm not entirely quite sure how you rob someone if it is optional. It is like saying to got robbed by one of the people ringing a bell in front of walmart. Well unless they were ringing the bell and then actually psychically robbed you, but that is beyond the point.

Just saying that we really should give as much money to Blizzard as possible. Because just think about it, they now have magical powers that can force us to buy stuff... If we don't pay up just imagine what they would do...

[quote name='GuardianE']That would be illegal, so no. They may get a cancellation or a call/e-mail about it, but there's no way Gamestop would actually charge more than the invoice reads.[/QUOTE]

They did it to tons of people with Metal Gear Solid 4 Collectors Edition, including myself. Can't be the only time they did it either... I'm warning you so you can call them up when it happens and get your money back. They'll give you it back most likely, but if you don't keep track...

I didnt read the rest of the thread but I was curious if EITHER code was specific just to this game? Kind of bummed I missed the ENT code though (damn, seems like I need to really check CAG every day, between expiring codes and amazon deals that sell out before the day is through).

I was looking for a game I wanted to get anyways to further take advantage of the 25% off (instead of a $0.99 throwaway) and just found Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 Used. Used = $49.99 - $5.00 (10% EDGE Discount) - $11.25 (25OFF Coupon) = $33.74 for FF13 PS3 Used.

Total for SC2 CE and FF13 is $120.24 after tax and mandatory $5 shipping on SC2. Retail for both would be $164.18 where I am, equaling a final savings of $43.94 or 26.76% all said and done.

[quote name='spincut']I didnt read the rest of the thread but I was curious if EITHER code was specific just to this game? Kind of bummed I missed the ENT code though (damn, seems like I need to really check CAG every day, between expiring codes and amazon deals that sell out before the day is through).[/QUOTE]

no

I'm having trouble with the code. When I input it, it only discounts 25% from the $1 game I add to push it over $100 to make the coupon valid, only $0.25. Help?

[quote name='WonsAuto']I'm having trouble with the code. When I input it, it only discounts 25% from the $1 game I add to push it over $100 to make the coupon valid, only $0.25. Help?[/QUOTE]

Same problem. I pretty much can't get the 25% off to work on SCII. The only time it worked was when I put SCII and SCII collector's in the cart at the same time. Atm, I have FF13 and SCII collector's and it is only discounting FF13.

[quote name='gunstar808']Same problem. I pretty much can't get the 25% off to work on SCII. The only time it worked was when I put SCII and SCII collector's in the cart at the same time. Atm, I have FF13 and SCII collector's and it is only discounting FF13.[/QUOTE]

I kept refreshing when i was at the order page... and it gave me the discount, so try refreshing because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Update for anyone who did order it before they killed the coupon. A new deal is free 3-day shipping vs the old $5 Value shipping. Normally you can change your order via the website, but I was unable to since FF13, the other part of my order, had already shipped. I called up GameStop (800-883-8895) and within about five minutes had my shipping upgraded to 3-day. I'm currently waiting on the $4.99 "refund" (not really a refund since I haven't been charged yet, so I imagine it'll just come off my invoice) which requires a higher-ups approval.

Highly recommend anyone who paid $5 for the slower shipping give them a call.

[quote name='IeclipticI']Has anyone else's order been "backordered"?[/QUOTE]

Mine is backordered as well which is quite odd considering I preordered the CE a few hours after it was available on GameStop's website.

[quote name='thehailo'] I'm currently waiting on the $4.99 "refund" (not really a refund since I haven't been charged yet, so I imagine it'll just come off my invoice) [/QUOTE]

So after going back and forth a few times with Gamestop support, that is indeed what will happen for those who preordered early and had the $4.99 additional shipping charge. They said something like their system won't let them take off the fee now, but they can refund after the game is actually charge?...Guess we'll find out when SC2 actually ships.

Not to derail the thread but I have an extra key. If there's someone who can't get into the beta and has no means of preordering, I'd be more than happy to let you have it. That said, if you're going to send me a PM, please be legit. I'm offering this to someone who actually wants to play, not turn around and try to sell it on eBay.

Back on topic, it sucks that ppl are getting backordered but I'm really not surprised. It's a Blizzard CE after all.

Edit: The key's been given away.

Last edited by a moderator:
CE is still available for preorder, but GS changed the listing so that it's not eligible with percent off coupons. So this deal is pretty much dead now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back