Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt call it an issue as PSN is free and making a new account takes 2 minutes. You still have access to your downloaded games as well and its just a name. who really cares?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i wouldnt call it an issue as PSN is free and making a new account takes 2 minutes. You still have access to your downloaded games as well and its just a name. who really cares?[/QUOTE]

But you wouldn't be able to keep your trophies or gameshare with that account.

But, it's not a big deal to me either. It would be nice, but *shrugs*

I think Kurrptsenate was thinking you meant you wanted the ability to change your ID for free.

If it was free, then I don't think the ability is needed at all. I know people that would literally do nothing but change their name once a day and if they did release the ability to change your ID, but made it a pay-only feature there would be a lot of people complaining that it's a pay feature since (at the moment, at least) Sony's big thing is free online play. I could see it being added into the account features when they launch the rumored new PSN experience, though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think Kurrptsenate was thinking you meant you wanted the ability to change your ID for free.

If it was free, then I don't think the ability is needed at all. I know people that would literally do nothing but change their name once a day and if they did release the ability to change your ID, but made it a pay-only feature there would be a lot of people complaining that it's a pay feature since (at the moment, at least) Sony's big thing is free online play. I could see it being added into the account features when they launch the rumored new PSN experience, though.[/QUOTE]

yeah theres people on here who ive seen in posts mentioning how they have a new id over and over and if you gave people that option they would constantly do so.i always thought an id/handle people use meant something to them so why the need to change it?

[quote name='Gspoon']The point is you can pay $5 or so to change your Xbox live name, so why cant you do it for your PSN name.we should at be able to keep ALL of the stuff tied to your account.Its basically free money for sony so why not.

what does psn being free have to do with anything?[/QUOTE]

it's actually 10 bucks, but yea. I suppose free money is always good from a company's stand point but I just don't see the demand for it. As someone mentioned, I think the biggest "problem" of not being able to change your name but make a new account is for trophies, which, to me, is a waste to pay 10 bucks just to keep your gamer score.

PSN being free has a lot to do with it. If you have little invested in your current PSN handle, its very easy to make another name with the name you desire.

I've only ever seen people change their name on xbox live for clans. Man, that shit is gay

I just wish sony would help with issues that are tied to PSN account names. Back when they merged the PSU with PSN names, I could not get my password to work on my PSU account, and nobody on the forums would help me (the password reset would not work either as it would not send anything to my email address, even though I know for a fact the address was one that I checked regularly). So I made a temp account since I was warned that bypassing the PSU merge would have me lose all that info. Well I forgot about it being a temp account and purchased two PSOne classics on the new account. When I remembered I tried to get my old password to work again, and still nothing would happen. No email sent or anything. Finally though I got someone to reset my password. Of course when I go to sign in, the PSU merge is no longer available (even though I never got a single email saying that it was only a short term thing to merge the PSU account), and I was told that there is nothing they could do. To make matters worse, I couldn't get the PSOne classics moved to the new account, even though it was their own damn fault that I had to use the account in the first place. So my 10+ years of being a PSU member and 7+ years of being a GAP member was down the drain. yay sony

P.S. You may be wondering why I think I had the email address correct. Well, when they finally got around to resetting my password, they said they would send it to the email address on file. Sure enough it was the email address I thought it was.

I couldnt care less, its just a name on there and despite what anyone thinks the only person that gives a toss what the name is the person who created it.

Besides its not like sony forces you to take the name they give you, you get to create your own from the get go. I mean I wanted gargus but someone nabbed it before me so Im stuck with gargux but I dont really care.

[quote name='Gspoon']OK I didn't know how much it is, I have never changed my Xbox live name mainly be cause I dont even use my xbox.I really don't care about/for achievements or trophies, Dlc and PSN Games would be my only concern.

If you dont think theirs is a demand for it check out the link in the OP 139 pages deep says otherwise.
These people are willing to pay a fee for the option.

Also PSN being free has nothing to do with it if you have a free xbox live silver account you can still change your name for a fee.[/QUOTE]

ok, so thats like what, a handful of people? compared to the other 2 million that don't give a shit.

make a new account. problem solved

[quote name='kurrptsenate']ok, so thats like what, a handful of people? compared to the other 2 million that don't give a shit.

make a new account. problem solved[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Sony should be working on features most players want (cross game chat) rather than work on this shit.

Put me in the "don't give a shit" category, mainly cause my PSN is awesome and I know I'm never going to want to change it. I think the current price for changing user names is great. If you want to change your name, you have to give up your trophies.

You should have put in more thought during the account creation process before putting in somethin corny like DtehDstroyer. It's not even like you have a lot of trophies, just start over.

[quote name='laaj']Couldn't agree more. Sony should be working on features most players want (cross game chat) rather than work on this shit.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol: Most players? All I want is to be able to play online without having to download garbage every other month that I'm not using. The photo albums? Crap. The voice chat? Crap. The 90 bajillion Playstation Store icons? Cluttering crap. And so on and so forth.

Gimme the ability to rip my old PS1 games that I currently own to the HDD, so I can play them straight off of there and not pay for a PSN version. Sure, I know there would be some people pirating PS1 games to put on there, but that's the chance they take.

Gimme the ability to report people for being total asshats in games to me, like kicking me from my own game just because they wanna be a bunch of douchebags.

Useful stuff....to me anyway.

he's voicing his opinion about a subject as easily as you did. make sense?

I agree, anyone that has a pot reference in their name needs to be bitch slapped in the face. It does not make you cool, I promise

[quote name='gettinmoney662']
You should have put in more thought during the account creation process before putting in somethin corny like DtehDstroyer. It's not even like you have a lot of trophies, just start over.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kurrptsenate']he's voicing his opinion about a subject as easily as you did. make sense?

I agree, anyone that has a pot reference in their name needs to be bitch slapped in the face. It does not make you cool, I promise[/QUOTE]

xAlTokerx dissaproves of these posts.

[quote name='Gspoon']If you dont care the why even post ?[/QUOTE]

To show you that people don't care. Generally, people who don't care, don't post, which leads you to think people do care about this because only a small handful of people keep making posts about this, leading to your 139 page thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back