Club Bing thread 4 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a copy of a email I reced from bing. Should I dispute it as I have never ordered multiples of any prize to same address and I thought one could have more than one acct.? This really sucks cause I still have 40,000 tickets left on one of my accts. Does this mean I can't play any more or what? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any input?

This is in response to your email regarding Club Bing.

Thank you for contacting Club Bing Support. Our Technical Support Team has reviewed and evaluated your account(s) resulting in a cancellation of your prize order(s).

The Club Bing identifies account(s) where multiple orders are placed for the same prize to the same household and/or where members are using more than one Windows Live ID to avoid restrictions or other limitations on Activities, tickets, prizes or the Program. These types of activities violate our Terms and Conditions and result in cancellations of prize orders.

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com.

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you for contacting Club Bing.

Kind Regards,

Evelyn
The Club Bing Support Team
Case ID: BIS-6241048

You can use multiple accounts to order different prizes to the same address. The caveat is that you must use different names and you should use different email addresses when ordering.

The rule is that you cannot exceed the ticket limit in a day. So, if you're using multiple accounts for one name, that violates the rule. When using multiple accounts, make sure the orders go to different people.

Once they deny you prizes for this, you can still play and order, but you won't receive anything.

[quote name='louiedog']There's no way they'd email them. If they just required an email people would make hundreds of accounts and resell them on ebay. If they required an address but still emailed them, people would go through the phonebook and list everyone in their town and again, order hundreds.[/QUOTE]
I gotcha'. Well they'ed still save more money if they put them in envelopes then.

I'd be willing to pay 20,000 for a 12 month card.

[quote name='muzras']are the ticket resets at 4PM PST/ 7PM EST now?[/QUOTE]

Yep! The time change started on November 1st (Sunday). The day-reset time rolls back an hour when daylight saving time ends. ;)

[quote name='louiedog']You can use multiple accounts to order different prizes to the same address. The caveat is that you must use different names and you should use different email addresses when ordering.

The rule is that you cannot exceed the ticket limit in a day. So, if you're using multiple accounts for one name, that violates the rule. When using multiple accounts, make sure the orders go to different people.

Once they deny you prizes for this, you can still play and order, but you won't receive anything.[/QUOTE]

So do you have to use different first and last name too? also can some1 run multiple acc's with different names maxing out each day, there by "exceeding the ticket limit" for the day and still receive prizes? (all to same address) j/w

[quote name='spart4n117']So do you have to use different first and last name too? also can some1 run multiple acc's with different names maxing out each day, there by "exceeding the ticket limit" for the day and still receive prizes? (all to same address) j/w[/QUOTE]

I have an account in my name and one in my girlfriend's name. Different first/last names. We live together and I send our items to the same address. Both accounts are played on the same days, one after the other. I have so far received everything I've ordered.

I do the same for my parents' names at their address. Same last name, different first names. So far everything has come. In fact my dad called me about 20 minutes ago because UPS just dropped off a Zune from Bing.

The Play and charge kit is gone. :cry:

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Wish they'd have Microsoft Point or Xbox Live subscriptions up, even if they were as overpriced as the Halo 3 limited edition prize; they could save a ton on shipping by making it email only.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KBank2001']Yea, I agree with the Microsoft Points and XBL subscriptions as far as being prizes. I mentioned something about those in the first survey I took for recommended prizes. Those things would sell quick.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']There's no way they'd email them. If they just required an email people would make hundreds of accounts and resell them on ebay. If they required an address but still emailed them, people would go through the phonebook and list everyone in their town and again, order hundreds.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']So if they did mail it you'd only be able to order one... Lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']If you don't see the difference in what people are doing now and what people could do with email codes, you clearly haven't thought it through and lack imagination.[/QUOTE]

If an MS points card or LIVE subscription card was added, it could be a "limited time only" prize...in other words, available for a day and not seen again for a while (like the keyboard-mouse pack and the headset yesterday :lol:). They could make it like every other prize--mail it by UPS instead of emailing codes. One per household. I HIGHLY doubt these would be emailed (your shipping conformation might be emailed, though :lol:).

Not sure how anyone could "take advantage" of this being mailed by UPS, especially if a signature is required for the delivery. Using the phonebook to mail to strangers...or whatever kinds of "trickery" just sounds like a pretty stupid way of bringing attention to your account(s).

"John Smith" abruptly ordering 10+ cards in a day on one or more accounts to nearby houses that are in his neighborhood might put him on Bing's radar. He MIGHT get all the cards, but he'd be making himself a possible Bing target in the future. And I hope he actually ASKS those people to use those addresses beforehand. :lol:

When something big gets posted and he orders just one:

FLAGGED! Greed has its drawbacks. :cry:

Anyway, the cards can be 5-10 thousand tickets apiece and only be available for a day or so. Maybe they'll get added one of these days. :D

[quote name='spart4n117']So do you have to use different first and last name too? also can some1 run multiple acc's with different names maxing out each day, there by "exceeding the ticket limit" for the day and still receive prizes? (all to same address) j/w[/QUOTE]

You CAN use the same name for two accounts to one address, but it will catch up with you...eventually. The simple way is to use different first names (different last names are up to you...as long as the first name is different, you're fine). Make sure each unique name is only tied to one Bing account. And it's one prize per address. Many people have more than one player in their household that "Bings" each day (like louiedog). So your simple explanation (should you need one):

"Different name for other household members"

So, use a different name for each account created and you should be fine. Just don't get TOO greedy. ;)

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']If an MS points card or LIVE subscription card was added, it could be a "limited time only" prize...in other words, available for a day and not seen again for a while (like the keyboard-mouse pack and the headset yesterday :lol:). They could make it like every other prize--mail it by UPS instead of emailing codes. One per household. I HIGHLY doubt these would be emailed (your shipping conformation might be emailed, though :lol:).

Not sure how anyone could "take advantage" of this being mailed by UPS, especially if a signature is required for the delivery. Using the phonebook to mail to strangers...or whatever kinds of "trickery" just sounds like a pretty stupid way of bringing attention to your account(s).

"John Smith" abruptly ordering 10+ cards in a day on one or more accounts to nearby houses that are in his neighborhood might put him on Bing's radar. He MIGHT get all the cards, but he'd be making himself a possible Bing target in the future. And I hope he actually ASKS those people to use those addresses beforehand. :lol:

When something big gets posted and he orders just one:

FLAGGED! Greed has its drawbacks. :cry:

Anyway, the cards can be 5-10 thousand tickets apiece and only be available for a day or so. Maybe they'll get added one of these days. :D
[/QUOTE]

So... yes, if they shipped point cards/subs it'd be exactly like every other prize.

We were discussing codes sent via EMAIL. If Bing was emailing them out, people who are sitting on 30 accounts with a few thousand points each would grab them up. I was saying if they still required a valid address, but didn't send them ups/usps, but instead through email, people would just give them real, verifiable addresses that are different. It wouldn't matter if they were their addresses or not, because they wouldn't have to be there to receive.

The point is there is no way to verify prizes sent via email. Well, at least not without providing them with more personal information, and that's very unlikely to be something they'd pursue.

am I the only one who is having troubles playing the games lately? In Firefox and Chrome the browser will crash on me periodically. In Chrome and IE I constantly get pop-up's telling me that a script in flash player 10 is running slowly.

Anyone have any tips on how I can play these games without all these problems? I only do the word games like word slugger and chicktionary.

Updated: 11/04/09 19:59 CST (1 hour ago)

Stats for November 04, 2009:
Prizes delivered: 476
Prizes shipped: 1,173
Prizes in transit: 2,362 (148 exceptions)

DANG!!! they shipped out a lot of stuff today

[quote name='megamanianation']am I the only one who is having troubles playing the games lately? In Firefox and Chrome the browser will crash on me periodically. In Chrome and IE I constantly get pop-up's telling me that a script in flash player 10 is running slowly.

Anyone have any tips on how I can play these games without all these problems? I only do the word games like word slugger and chicktionary.[/QUOTE]

Maybe your computer could use a tune up. I only get flash errors on my girlfriend's old laptop if I have a lot going on in the background or a flash video playing. On my desktop I can have a ton of stuff going on at once and it runs great.

[quote name='Ninja300x']Updated: 11/04/09 19:59 CST (1 hour ago)

DANG!!! they shipped out a lot of stuff today[/QUOTE]

Isn't normally that much?

[quote name='Ninja300x']Updated: 11/04/09 19:59 CST (1 hour ago)

DANG!!! they shipped out a lot of stuff today[/QUOTE]

Yup mine is one of them that i redeemed on 10/2 :roll:

I also have something at 8.x lbs shipped to me today. Also not sure if it's the waffle maker or food processor. On one hand, I ordered a food processor for myself and one for my sister. There's something headed to my town, but not to hers. On the other hand, it's only been 27 days since I ordered the waffle iron, which is slightly quicker than things generally ship. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, assuming UPS comes when I'm home.

edit: Got my shipping email. It's the food processor. Hopefully my sister's will ship tomorrow. I can't imagine that account is flagged since it's the only one that's ever gone to that address.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Afflicted']thinking the food processor got shipped today... if it has... it's 8.2lbs[/QUOTE]

ok replying to myself... it is the processor... just got the shipping email.

I do love how the shipping emails are so hit and miss as to whether or not you get them.

[quote name='Afflicted']ok replying to myself... it is the processor... just got the shipping email.

I do love how the shipping emails are so hit and miss as to whether or not you get them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was getting emails without fail for a couple of months. However I received two prizes this week, SceneIt and a Zune, and neither had shipping emails.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just signed in to bing, new vote a prize thing up...

for two board games :([/QUOTE]

I voted for Cranium. That new Monopoly looks dumb. They asked about board games in the survey, but I'm sure most people didn't pick that as a prize they would like to see.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just signed in to bing, new vote a prize thing up...

for two board games :([/QUOTE]

In case you guys are wondering, the two games are:

Monopoly Electronic Banking Edition ($19.99):
http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-114-Mo...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1257448005&sr=8-1

&

Cranium Wow Game($29.99):
http://www.amazon.com/Cranium-10101...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1257448145&sr=1-1

Both games are listed with a future value of 6,750 tickets on Bing. As of this post, Monopoly has 62% of the vote and Cranium has 38%.

EDIT:

[quote name='cin84_12']I voted for Cranium. That new Monopoly looks dumb. They asked about board games in the survey, but I'm sure most people didn't pick that as a prize they would like to see.[/QUOTE]

Cranium seems like a better deal as far as money-to-ticket ratio, but it looks like Monopoly will probably win with a vote percentage that high already (popularity, maybe?).

I bought Monopoly Electronic Banking edition for like $10 last Black Friday, it's really fun, it will probably win and I recommend it to just about everybody. I voted for Cranium just cause well, I already own Monopoly Electronic Banking.

[quote name='spart4n117']also can some1 run multiple acc's...[/QUOTE]haha, "run" accounts eh?

these new prizes are trash. i guess monopoly would be a good joke gift.

im curious...i ordered a sceneit2 over a month ago and never got a confirmation but according to the shipping site it shouldve arrived today but didnt :( so I was wondering if there is any discrepancy to the site and if the site is correct how do i go about getting my prize without a shipping confirmation?

The prize on the tracker might not have been yours, keep that in mind. You said that you didn't get a shipping confirmation? Then just keep on waiting.

[quote name='killer9']mini tool set with flashlight has been shipped woot usps boo[/QUOTE]

Ugh, super lame. How long does it take to ship these items?

[quote name='Duckman5']I ordered my mini tool set on the 8th so hopefully it will ship in the next few days.[/QUOTE]
I got a shipping email for the one I ordered on 10/7 & it ships USPS so it should take longer to arrive than by UPS. Dang 3 weeks should be a nice surprise then.

Just got home and my food processor was waiting for me. I missed yesterday's delivery. The box is sealed in plastic with the bing sticker on top of that. I hope mine works, the box is a little beat up, even though the shipping box was in perfect shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back