Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I remember someone posting that they got a black Sony camera, but I could be mistaken. Mine was silver -- and broken within a few minutes (the lens got stuck out).

Sony had me ship it to them and they fixed it for free -- only took about 10 days or so from the time I dropped it off at the post office until it showed back up at my house.

[quote name='DarkZion']Seems like 7,300 is gonna be the new ticket amount for games. Hopefully not, since that's considerably higher than the old ones.[/QUOTE]

um... the old ones were old games... so of course they are cheaper.

[quote name='Afflicted']um... the old ones were old games... so of course they are cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Lost Odyssey had been out about as long as Ninja Gaiden 2 has been when it went up, maybe even less time. Too Human was less than a year old and it was cheaper. Age isn't the only factor.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']since youve been on Club Bing a long time

when was the last time an Xbox 360 was on there? and if they went down did they ever go back up?[/QUOTE]
They came and went for a quite a while. Often with a few weeks, or even a month between outages. I believe they started around 25k and the last time they were up they were at 55k.

The last time they shipped consoles was in late July, although it may still have been listed after June. Most of the people that ordered after June were refunded their tickets.

I believe that Bing was dumping the RRoD refurbs, and now that the extended warranty is up on those original 'flawed' consoles, it is unlikely that MS will be getting them back by the truck-full.

[quote name='louiedog']...
Age isn't the only factor.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The ticket value is most likely inversely proportionate to the number of trucks loads they have collecting dust somewhere in a warehouse. The bigger the overrun, the lower the liquidation price.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']mannnnnnn I was hoping and dreaming lol[/QUOTE]
Don't get too down about it. At the time you would have been better off getting something like Office of Vista, selling that on the grey market, and then picking up a new console. About the same number of tickets, and you would have had something with a warranty, and possibly even some change left over for a game... ;)

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']UPS delivered my Sony Cybershot camera about 20 minutes ago (ordered on 1/2). The camera is silver and the box was a little beat up. So I hope the camera's fine, since I haven't checked it yet. Has anyone received a black Sony camera from Bing or have they only shipped silver ones (even though there was that black cam pic for a while)?[/QUOTE]

mine was black. I got it a few weeks ago.

[quote name='louiedog']Lost Odyssey had been out about as long as Ninja Gaiden 2 has been when it went up, maybe even less time. Too Human was less than a year old and it was cheaper. Age isn't the only factor.[/QUOTE]

True but Too Human wasn't very well received by Reviewers and the majority of gamers but it does have a niche audience that does enjoy the game.

[quote name='meatwad3000']True but Too Human wasn't very well received by Reviewers and the majority of gamers but it does have a niche audience that does enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

That fits right in with the point I was making. Age isn't the only factor. That game wasn't well received and so there were probably excess copies floating around. It was the youngest game when Bing put it up, but still cheap.

My other example, Lost Odyssey was about the same age as Ninja Gaiden II and their metacritic scores are only 3 points off, which could be argued as them being similar in quality. They debuted at different prices, which means that quality isn't the only factor either.

Its all in the name my friends I work in a Marketing dept I know

When people hear Ninja Gaiden they think man thats a cool game

Lost Odyssey they think isnt that an ancient book?

[quote name='megamanianation']mine was black. I got it a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Mine, too, is black. I ordered it the night they originally put it up (11/30, if I'm not mistaken), and it was pictured as being black then, too.

So I have two prizes waiting to be shipped on one of my accounts that I know is in good standing because I have received other prizes on it.

I have a second account that I am almost at enough points to get the GPS on. I am planning on using my brothers name and my same mailing address to order it. Is it safer to wait until the other 2 prizes have shipped before ordering anything on this second account? I know the GPS will probably be gone by then, but I don't want to lose the points by the account getting flagged.

[quote name='Energist']Mine, too, is black. I ordered it the night they originally put it up (11/30, if I'm not mistaken), and it was pictured as being black then, too.[/QUOTE]

i also ordered the night they put it up, when the picture showed a black camera, but i got a silver one :bomb:

I wouldn't necessarily say that the game itself is the determinant for it's ticket amount. Something just tells me that Bing has just decided to bump up the ticket price because they can. Considering the bump in ticket price that the controller got when it was temporarily brought back, they probably just figure that if people want the prize, they'll get it for any ticket amount that's decently reasonable.

Wow, they're really upping the points on prizes (like 3x more points to get an item now). I ordered that crappy notebook/pen thingie & last time around and it was only 850 pts. Now its back up for 2500 pts. Jeez.

yea I got ninja gaiden too I figured they arent going to put out new things everyday (our dreams), so its only like 7 days worth of tickets right?

[quote name='CaptainKirk']yea I got ninja gaiden too I figured they arent going to put out new things everyday (our dreams), so its only like 7 days worth of tickets right?[/QUOTE]

8 days. Max you can get a day is just over 1000 tickets, you can also get 10 tickets from using the clubbing toolbar.

So you would need the 8th day to get that 300 tickets or so.

[quote name='Shuino']8 days. Max you can get a day is just over 1000 tickets, you can also get 10 tickets from using the clubbing toolbar.

So you would need the 8th day to get that 300 tickets or so.[/QUOTE]

As long as we're nitpicking, (1024 * 7) + (7 * 10) = 7238 which means you're only 62 tickets short after a week. Since they've been doing double ticket days every couple of weeks recently, that means you could potentially get 15476 tickets in two weeks.

I ordered Lost Odyssey on 1/2 and PGR4 on 1/3. Got shipping emails for PGR4 on 2/1 and Lost Odyssey on 2/2. Wednesday, I got a package. It was PGR4. Today, I got a package. It was PGR4. Again.

Has this happened to anyone else? I sent Bing an email.

[quote name='macontosh2000']I just got a shipping e-mail for Lost Odyssey, ordered on 1/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you get the correct game.

Wow, Bing just totally failed on this.

I replied from the email that was sent to me. However, they seem to have no record of this email address, and they think my username on Bing is Doubletap which it isn't.

Hello,

This is in response to your email regarding Club Bing.

Thank you for your email.

We were unable to locate a prize order under the email address provided ( censored ) or the your user name ( Doubletap ). For further assistance, please respond with the email address associated with your Club Bing account or the confirmation number or user name for your prize order.

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com.

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you for contacting Club Bing.

Kind Regards,

Corinne

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. You will receive an email from (UPS return services) within 10 days. Please print the label and adhere it to the package. You may choose to drop the package off at your local UPS Center or you may contact UPS to have them pick up the shipment at your home. Once again we apologize for this inconvenience. Please reference the following number somewhere on the package label: (censored).

[quote name='DypaehC']Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. You will receive an email from (UPS return services) within 10 days. Please print the label and adhere it to the package. You may choose to drop the package off at your local UPS Center or you may contact UPS to have them pick up the shipment at your home. Once again we apologize for this inconvenience. Please reference the following number somewhere on the package label: (censored).[/QUOTE]

good luck. hopefully they won't keep your prize and not ship Lost Oddysey out ;)

EDIT: also, Corinne's my favorite name ever :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else get a 1099-Misc from Microsoft? I sent back the tax thing so I could order the harmony remote. Amount is in wrong box. Amount is in box 1 rents. Shouldn't it be in box 3, other income? Other 1099's I've received for prizes had it in that box.

[quote name='macontosh2000']The packaging on this thing sucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got lost odyssey and kameo and the outer plastic wrap on both looked pretty half-assed

Hmm, has anyone else noticed, but Bing has capped the daily limit to 1k exactly now? I didn't pay close enough attention to my tickets, but I'm sure I only earned 1k, when I could usually earn 1020 if I did one round of Chicktionary then all the rest Flexicon. I should be at xx20, but I'm at exactly an even 100 number, and I was at an exactly even 100 number the previous day I'm pretty sure.

The first thing I noticed when I got Lost Odyssey was that the plastic cover on the outside the box didn't look right. Probably the reason it's on Club Bing to begin with is to unload defective products. But who cares - I'm 7 hours into the game already and loving every minute of it. :)

[quote name='MaicoWin']Hmm, has anyone else noticed, but Bing has capped the daily limit to 1k exactly now? I didn't pay close enough attention to my tickets, but I'm sure I only earned 1k, when I could usually earn 1020 if I did one round of Chicktionary then all the rest Flexicon. I should be at xx20, but I'm at exactly an even 100 number, and I was at an exactly even 100 number the previous day I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE]
I got 1019 on one of my accounts today? I had to 'skip' one of the broken anagrams puzzles (i.e. got 19 tickets instead of the full 20), and then was able to get the full 20 tickets for the puzzle I started at 999 tickets. I will try to remember to test it again tomorrow.

[quote name='A Gamer']I got 1019 on one of my accounts today? I had to 'skip' one of the broken anagrams puzzles (i.e. got 19 tickets instead of the full 20), and then was able to get the full 20 tickets for the puzzle I started at 999 tickets. I will try to remember to test it again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I've had that happen as well.

Ordered the GPS on 1-1-10 and haven't had a shipping email, but UPS tried to deliver on Friday of course I wasn't home so now I have to wait til Monday when they try to re-deliver.

Seems they are slipping in the shipping e-mails again.

[quote name='scareg']Ordered the GPS on 1-1-10 and haven't had a shipping email, but UPS tried to deliver on Friday of course I wasn't home so now I have to wait til Monday when they try to re-deliver.

Seems they are slipping in the shipping e-mails again.[/QUOTE]
I got my shipping email for my GPS ordered 1/3. So I wouldn't really say they're slipping until more people don't get their shipping emails either.

Ok, I've got 2700 tickets right now. Gonna do 1 game of Chicktionary and then the rest Flexicon, so I should have 3720 before the daily limit message pops up. I'll let you know in an hour or so what it ends me at.

Alright, got 3720, so it seems to be in order. But I'll wait and see if they reset it to 3700.

And the answers for most all the Club Bing puzzles like Flexicon are at this website: http://www.anagramssolved.com/flexicon-solutions.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BitLooter']The first thing I noticed when I got Lost Odyssey was that the plastic cover on the outside the box didn't look right. Probably the reason it's on Club Bing to begin with is to unload defective products. But who cares - I'm 7 hours into the game already and loving every minute of it. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but all copies of Lost Odyssey (at least the US release) came in actual shrink wrap, not the normal plastic covers that games usually come in. Blue Dragon was the same way. Here, I found some pictures of how it should look. I don't mean to plug this guys ebay auction, but it's got the pictures... lol. http://cgi.ebay.com/Lost-Odyssey-RP...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item35a36e0ec9

By the way, Lost Odyssey is one of my favorites. Truly an amazing game..

[quote name='Viper45']I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but all copies of Lost Odyssey (at least the US release) came in actual shrink wrap, not the normal plastic covers that games usually come in. Blue Dragon was the same way. Here, I found some pictures of how it should look. I don't mean to plug this guys ebay auction, but it's got the pictures... lol. http://cgi.ebay.com/Lost-Odyssey-RP...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item35a36e0ec9

By the way, Lost Odyssey is one of my favorites. Truly an amazing game..[/QUOTE]

That's what the plastic wrap on my Lost Odyssey and Kameo looked like.

I don't mean the plastic wrap on the outside, I mean the clear plastic part that keeps the cover insert from falling off the green plastic part. Where it's bonded to the green plastic, it looks like it's not quite attached cleanly. It's not really a major thing, but it might be noticeable enough to keep it off store shelves.

Hmm, my store-bought copy is a little rough along those edges too, but it's really not bad. I guess it's kind of hard to describe the severity of these things without photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back