Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='snagra']I feel like Microsoft is just enticing us with all these great products, and then sneaks in the toolbar requirement in order to mass flag a lot of people, you won't even know if your flagged for a long time.[/QUOTE]

say whaaaaaaa? i didnt do much research but how is the toolbar ganna get ppl flagged etc?

heres hoping that maybe they're just trying to kill 2 bird with 1 stone....?
make ppl use their browser and search engine?
maybe? right? riiiiiiiight?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Im really on the fence with the printer. Im less than 100 points on one of my accounts. My current printer is close to 10 years old, but still goin strong. However, a wireless printer/scanner/copier would be nice.

Oh!! Decisions, decisions!![/QUOTE]

What operating system are you using? My printer's manufacturer is terrible about supporting it. It was great in XP. The Vista drivers didn't take advantages of some features. And now, in Windows 7, I can only print with a very basic set of features. If you're still running XP and think you might be upgrading in the future you may need a new printer for that.

Two days away from the 360. I already have one, but only a 20GB hard drive, so I figure I'll swap out the drives and sell the other on eBay. If it sells out before Sunday, though, going for the e-reader.

By the way, had to use my brother's netbook to get the toolbar; he didn't care, as he uses Firefox anyway. Appears I'm able to sign in with it and order anything on the VIP list I want, so I'm assuming it's fine to earn tickets on a browser/computer without the toolbar and order on another one with it.

[quote name='Energist']Two days away from the 360. I already have one, but only a 20GB hard drive, so I figure I'll swap out the drives and sell the other on eBay. If it sells out before Sunday, though, going for the e-reader.[/QUOTE]

Just request a free transfer kit from Microsoft, then use the complete new system and sell the old system and old hard drive.

[quote name='julie']what's not free anymore?[/QUOTE]

Transfer kits. You use them to move content from on Xbox 360 hard drive to another in one swoop instead of making several moves with a memory card. They used to be free from Microsoft, but now they charge $13. That's why it's good to know a friend who has one so they can pass it on to you and you can do the same for someone else.

[quote name='cin84_12']Transfer kits. You use them to move content from on Xbox 360 hard drive to another in one swoop instead of making several moves with a memory card. They used to be free from Microsoft, but now they charge $13. That's why it's good to know a friend who has one so they can pass it on to you and you can do the same for someone else.[/QUOTE]
There used to be a thread on CAG for the sole purpose of the transfer kit. It was basically a conga line. Once a person was finished transferring his data, he'd send it to the next guy in the list. That's how I transferred my 20gb to my 60gb.

[quote name='cin84_12']Transfer kits. You use them to move content from on Xbox 360 hard drive to another in one swoop instead of making several moves with a memory card. They used to be free from Microsoft, but now they charge $13. That's why it's good to know a friend who has one so they can pass it on to you and you can do the same for someone else.[/QUOTE]
Was your console still under warranty? If not, then it is normal that you had to pay. If it was, then it is definitely new... :whistle2:#

Cause I used to call them up every time I got a new console and ask for the cable... And, we have gone through quite a few consoles... :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I have a question, I read on another site that this VIP thing can WRONGFULLY flag you

because if you have multi accounts on one IP address they now can know

thing is I legitly Club Bing, but I live in an apartment building, and I got a couple of my neighbors on it, can I be screwed by helping people?

[quote name='snagra']I feel like Microsoft is just enticing us with all these great products, and then sneaks in the toolbar requirement in order to mass flag a lot of people, you won't even know if your flagged for a long time.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='knotfan123']say whaaaaaaa? i didnt do much research but how is the toolbar ganna get ppl flagged etc?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Ninja300x']heres hoping that maybe they're just trying to kill 2 bird with 1 stone....?
make ppl use their browser and search engine?
maybe? right? riiiiiiiight?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mstheman']how can they flag you? one account per IP address???[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mstheman']no answer to how they flag you?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CaptainKirk']Hey I have a question, I read on another site that this VIP thing can WRONGFULLY flag you

because if you have multi accounts on one IP address they now can know

thing is I legitly Club Bing, but I live in an apartment building, and I got a couple of my neighbors on it, can I be screwed by helping people?[/QUOTE]
I think the issue here is that they can do a whole lot more with a toolbar ap than they can with a web page or Flash...

One of the 'restrictions' on the browser is that they cannot access the hardware specs on the computer. So, basically all they can do with the browser alone is tell that multiple accounts are being used from a single IP from the way the computer access the Bing server. But, since it is common for apartments, offices, dorms, WIFI hotspots, etc, to use NAT to map many users to a single internet IP, flagging accounts based on the IP address alone would end up with a lot of false positives (i.e. all of the legit players in an apartment building getting flagged).

With the toolbar, however, they will be able to access a lot of other information... Things like the MAC (media access control) number, the processor serial number, the Windows Registration Number, the user name used to register Windows, etc. If they then tie any of that info to the Club Bing 'VIP' account, they could easily link all of the accounts used on a single computer.

Obviously there is a lot of speculation and conjecture... And, if you read through the terms, there is some very interesting wording (including the fact that the toolbar may auto-update itself).

And, just because they have the ability does not mean they will do it. It could just be a way to get people to use their damned toolbar over the ones from Google or Yahoo...

But, I for one am only going to 'VIP' one account per computer, and then refrain from accessing any other accounts on that computer until we have a much better idea of what the toolbar is actually doing. The way I see it, it is better to be a bit paranoid and miss out on a couple prizes...

well said, like my wife has a laptop and obviously same IP but she plays games on hers and me on mine, you think we are safe?

[quote name='CaptainKirk']well said, like my wife has a laptop and obviously same IP but she plays games on hers and me on mine, you think we are safe?[/QUOTE]
As long as you don't ever trade computers or log into each others accounts, you should be fine. At least, that is my opinion... ;)

I wonder If I can set-up the toolbar and what not and then order prizes and still run that account on my usual machine.

I don't want to risk it though...

Imagine a kid going into GameStop with an Xbox 360 60GB new in the box saying I want to trade this in, what do you think they would do lol

I wonder how much they would give someone if its like 75% the price of a PS3 id trade it in

[quote name='Shuino']I wonder If I can set-up the toolbar and what not and then order prizes and still run that account on my usual machine.

I don't want to risk it though...[/QUOTE]
I don't see why not. Just don't sign in with any other accounts on the machine that has the toolbar and you should be fine.

If they are up to something sneaky, it is the toolbar that is enabling them to do it.

The toolbar is pretty convenient... Shows you your current and lifetime tickets... Allows you to jump right to your favorite games (from your My Games list)... Allows you to jump directly to the redeem page for prizes on your Wish List...

[quote name='killer9']130 is all you would get at gamestop for a 60gb 360[/QUOTE]
Isn't their policy to not take 'new' stuff? So, basically you would have to open it (break the seal) and they would buy it as 'used'?

Man, so many new prizes. I'm seriously starting to get sick of Club Bing, especially it taking now close to 1.5 hours just to max out 1k tickets. I keep weighing the cost/benefit, and even with a minimum wage paying job, the amount of money you would make working is a little bit more, sometimes a lot more than the time you waste playing Bing. It's taking too much damn time playing more than one account, and I'd rather be doing other things.

Isn't their policy to not take 'new' stuff? So, basically you would have to open it (break the seal) and they would buy it as 'used'?

Yes you would have to unwrap it break the seal

Yeah you would have to open it up to take it to gamestop, I'm sure you could sell a brand new 60gig 360 on craigslist or ebay for more than 130 though.

[quote name='A Gamer']Was your console still under warranty? If not, then it is normal that you had to pay. If it was, then it is definitely new... :whistle2:#

Cause I used to call them up every time I got a new console and ask for the cable... And, we have gone through quite a few consoles... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a new Pro. I bought it to replace RRoD #2 back in October. They said it was only free to Elite owners and since then, I think they now charge everyone.

Is the tracker site up again? I lost all my bookmarks so could you link please? I don't see one in the first post.

where is my camera who ordered there camera in January and got theirs because i didn't i hope it comes and i don't want it back ordered

[quote name='streetlegalboi']got it like last week the camera... and i order it sometime in dec 20ish...[/QUOTE]
it took 1month and a wk right !! great im still in luck did it?

Concerning the transfer cable: pretty sure my brother still has his from when he replaced his RRoD 20GB, so I guess I'll just borrow his. For some reason, I thought they could only be used once. Glad I was wrong. Of course, the 360 will still have to be up tomorrow night for any of this to matter.

And I'm honestly seriously considering getting that e-reader instead, anyway. I read a lot, and looking at some reviews, Sony seems to have a good amount of resources to download books from. I've never used any kind of e-reader before, though, so I'm sort of afraid the format will bother me. Any opinions?

[quote name='Energist']Concerning the transfer cable: pretty sure my brother still has his from when he replaced his RRoD 20GB, so I guess I'll just borrow his. For some reason, I thought they could only be used once. Glad I was wrong. Of course, the 360 will still have to be up tomorrow night for any of this to matter.

And I'm honestly seriously considering getting that e-reader instead, anyway. I read a lot, and looking at some reviews, Sony seems to have a good amount of resources to download books from. I've never used any kind of e-reader before, though, so I'm sort of afraid the format will bother me. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

I ordered the e-reader immediately when it went up because I've been thinking of getting one. I also ordered the 360, so don't take this as an endorsement of one over the other.

For me there are two reasons why reading a book on a monitor is uncomfortable. The first is the screen. A backlit LCD will give you eye strain and is not comfortable to read for extended periods. The other is that the position of a computer is fixed. When you read a book you hold it at the angle and distance that is comfortable to you. When you read on a monitor, even if it's a laptop and you're lying on the couch, you have to adjust your body and head to the position of the screen. Neither of these problems exist with an e-reader. Of course what you should really do is go check one out. Borders stores (and some Targets) have the sony e-reader on display for you to check out. Barnes and Noble has their e-reader, the Nook, usually sitting near the info desk. If you have any of those stores nearby I'd check it out in person.

Of course if you like to read you can always check books out of the library for free. If you want a 360 you either have to order it here or buy it.

Thanks for the input, Louie. Looking round more on the 'Net, the Kindle seems to be the way to go when it comes to these things, but I think I'll go out to a couple shops today and take a look at the Sony like you suggested. Right now, though, I'm thinking I'll stick to my original plan, and order the 360 tomorrow night (when I'll have enough tickets), and if it's gone before then, just order the e-reader.

Thanks again.

[quote name='Energist']Thanks for the input, Louie. Looking round more on the 'Net, the Kindle seems to be the way to go when it comes to these things, but I think I'll go out to a couple shops today and take a look at the Sony like you suggested. Right now, though, I'm thinking I'll stick to my original plan, and order the 360 tomorrow night (when I'll have enough tickets), and if it's gone before then, just order the e-reader.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

I was just at target and they have sony ereader displays :)
They all looked really good, if it lasts a while I'll be getting one for sure.

I just redeemed Lost Odyssey, after noticing it's only 4200 tickets for VIP members. I really can't see myself doing this more, maybe trying for one more game, but I really can't believe people have gotten enough tickets to redeem a 360... Sure, it's only an hour and a half to get the 1,000 tickets, but even playing ten rounds of five games of Chicktionary, it's just kind of tedious for me. I played a lot of Picture This as well, but... Some of the people playing seem to not understand... At all.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I just redeemed Lost Odyssey, after noticing it's only 4200 tickets for VIP members. I really can't see myself doing this more, maybe trying for one more game, but I really can't believe people have gotten enough tickets to redeem a 360... Sure, it's only an hour and a half to get the 1,000 tickets, but even playing ten rounds of five games of Chicktionary, it's just kind of tedious for me. I played a lot of Picture This as well, but... Some of the people playing seem to not understand... At all.[/QUOTE]

How do people get 1000 in 1.5 hours? Maybe I'm watching tv at the same time but it takes a whole night for me to get close to 1000. if you type too fast it asks you to type a code.

[quote name='jngx80']How do people get 1000 in 1.5 hours? Maybe I'm watching tv at the same time but it takes a whole night for me to get close to 1000. if you type too fast it asks you to type a code.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maicowin']Man, so many new prizes. I'm seriously starting to get sick of Club Bing, especially it taking now close to 1.5 hours just to max out 1k tickets. I keep weighing the cost/benefit, and even with a minimum wage paying job, the amount of money you would make working is a little bit more, sometimes a lot more than the time you waste playing Bing. It's taking too much damn time playing more than one account, and I'd rather be doing other things. [/QUOTE]

^^ He's right on the dot.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I just redeemed Lost Odyssey, after noticing it's only 4200 tickets for VIP members. I really can't see myself doing this more, maybe trying for one more game, but I really can't believe people have gotten enough tickets to redeem a 360... Sure, it's only an hour and a half to get the 1,000 tickets, but even playing ten rounds of five games of Chicktionary, it's just kind of tedious for me. I played a lot of Picture This as well, but... Some of the people playing seem to not understand... At all.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by people not understanding? From what I've seen there are two schools of thought for playing picture this. Either play the way intended and pick the best picture, or just keep picking the first picture every time, ensuring that you'll always match. If you're playing one way, you may be getting people playing the other way.

I'm close to maxing out on points, should I make a second account now under my siblings name (she lives with me) or should I wait until the last thing I get with this account has arrived so I don't get flagged? Both would be shipping to the same address.

[quote name='louiedog']What do you mean by people not understanding? From what I've seen there are two schools of thought for playing picture this. Either play the way intended and pick the best picture, or just keep picking the first picture every time, ensuring that you'll always match. If you're playing one way, you may be getting people playing the other way.[/QUOTE]

I've played with people who think the best match for "Birthday cake" is a car that is on fire or dumb shit like that. The search is "Michael Jordan" and they pick a picture of just a basketball. The best I've ever done with somebody was about 52 points (not tickets).

[quote name='Vulgarism']I've played with people who think the best match for "Birthday cake" is a car that is on fire or dumb shit like that. The search is "Michael Jordan" and they pick a picture of just a basketball. The best I've ever done with somebody was about 52 points (not tickets).[/QUOTE]

They're probably just picking the first item. I don't play picture this but I know that some people do play this way. When they get matched up with someone doing the same thing they can breeze through the game easily.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I've played with people who think the best match for "Birthday cake" is a car that is on fire or dumb shit like that. The search is "Michael Jordan" and they pick a picture of just a basketball. The best I've ever done with somebody was about 52 points (not tickets).[/QUOTE]
If you have a second computer I recommend trying to match yourself up with yourself on another account. This way you get the most amount of tickets in the shortest time and no they don't flag you for this. I did this is all the time when I played picture this and everything of mine has come.

What if I became a VIP on IE, like it says, leave the toolbar on it, and continue playing on Chrome or Firefox like I usually do? I normally don't use IE because it runs slow on my computer. Can you still be a VIP member that way?

Well, if you want to play legit, just use this website: http://www.anagramssolved.com/flexicon-solutions.html. It has links on the left hand side that has most all of the answers to every useful Club Bing game. I watched movies on my laptop while playing Club Bing too, but still, it's getting so old, so fast. I'm sure this place is still the shit for some people, but I can't get myself to play anymore.

I'm like 15 games deep in a backlog for my XBox, and I'm starting to get more fat on account of not getting to the gym as much as I would like. Maybe if I didn't have any money at all, and I had a lot of time I would still do this, but it's become too mind numbingly boring for me. I'd rather spend my money on the prizes, then go play XBox with my friends, or go work out, or even study for school since I'm a little behind.

Good luck to all of you forging on, and hopefully this new VIP program doesn't rape you all in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back