Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ninja300x']Dang, shitty reviews on the vacuum and oven[/QUOTE]

I actually have that "vacuum". We got it free when we bought the Dyson upright. If you use it for what it's intended it's actually pretty awesome. It's a Ghostbusters-esque dustbuster. You get like 7 minutes of runtime per charge. That sounds tiny, but if you're using it for more than that, you should really be using a regular vacuum. Great for getting pet hair off of couches and cleaning out cars.

Granted, my opinion may be skewed since I got it free, but we really like ours.

[quote name='Dual45s']I actually have that "vacuum". We got it free when we bought the Dyson upright. If you use it for what it's intended it's actually pretty awesome. It's a Ghostbusters-esque dustbuster. You get like 7 minutes of runtime per charge. That sounds tiny, but if you're using it for more than that, you should really be using a regular vacuum. Great for getting pet hair off of couches and cleaning out cars.

Granted, my opinion may be skewed since I got it free, but we really like ours.[/QUOTE]

Well if you can vacuum out a car in 7 minutes you sir are a vacuum god.

Also, all my stuff from April and May are still missing. I did get the necklace from March though. I'm starting to think Bing is going to ship at the 12 week mark all the time now to cut down the user base maybe. (But some people are still getting prizes after 30 days which is weird, maybe there just isn't any logic to their methods at all.....)

[quote name='Shuino']Well if you can vacuum out a car in 7 minutes you sir are a vacuum god.[/QUOTE]

Ha, fair enough. Maybe I should have prefaced that, I tend to keep my car clean as hell. Vacuum is only used on the floor/mats.

[quote name='Dual45s']Ha, fair enough. Maybe I should have prefaced that, I tend to keep my car clean as hell. Vacuum is only used on the floor/mats.[/QUOTE]

lol nice. I keep my car clean as well but even if I don't see anything to vacuum I just keep going till I go over every spot :D.

I guess that's probably some form of OCD I got there :cry:

Prizes Recently Removed:

BOOK4GIADAITALIAN_sm.png
CB_PSTOASTEROVEN_sm.png

- Everyday Italian
- Proctor Silex 4 Slice Toaster Oven
Prize Updates brought to you by the ProBingBot...
Get your own AUTOMATIC notifications at The ProBing Blog.

Just ordered one of those wireless mice for around over 9000 tickets. Had a good experience with Microsoft shipping prizes so far, hopefully they'll keep it up.

glad to hear. How is it btw? can up load sum pix? :D
I got the sony ereader but it seem to be dropping in value. Cant seem to sell it for $200 too many people selling it too.

[quote name='free_willy']Netbook out for delivery today -- ordered 5/18. I'm still missing a couple of things ordered early April on another account to the same address.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='muzras']glad to hear. How is it btw? can up load sum pix? :D
[/QUOTE]

It came in, but unfortunately I'm too lazy to take pictures and upload them =/
(we've already tossed the generic packaging too, though it didn't come with any instructions other than the software discs)

I can tell you though, that it's just your basic netbook -- slow processor and tiny screen. The battery is the standard model, so I'm guessing it will last about 3 hours max??

But for someone who has been exclusively using their work laptop for the last couple of years, it's nice to have something of our own. We've only gotten about 15 minutes of use out of it so far, however, due to being out of town.

[quote name='muzras']glad to hear. How is it btw? can up load sum pix? :D
I got the sony ereader but it seem to be dropping in value. Cant seem to sell it for $200 too many people selling it too.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure with the release of the iPad, more people are looking to get that since you can do more with the iPad than you can with just a traditional e-reader.

Was looking at getting the Soft Serve Machine, but after reading reviews (and seeing the price; $90 on Amazon, plus seeing it's just an ice cream maker, which I already have) I decided to pass and pick up the camera or whatever else comes up mid-July that might interest me more.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']I'm sure with the release of the iPad, more people are looking to get that since you can do more with the iPad than you can with just a traditional e-reader.[/QUOTE]

Yes... until they actually try to use it and find out that the traditional e-readers didn't make their eyes hurt after 20 minutes, didn't require wifi to put books onto, and are far less expensive. If you actually had ever used an iPad you would understand why they have such a high return rate.

Tracker says I have an eReader coming today. Checked my email and they sent me shipping info on the 21st.
Ordered 5/21

Still no word on camcorder ordered 4/25 and eReader ordered 4/29.

Another double ticket day coming this Monday. They want you back! Maybe there's a lull in players since the scare of stuff not shipping.

[quote name='cin84_12']Tracker says I have an eReader coming today. Checked my email and they sent me shipping info on the 21st.
Ordered 5/21

Still no word on camcorder ordered 4/25 and eReader ordered 4/29.[/QUOTE]

Is the tracker still up? do you have a link to it.

Its been about 11 weeks for my prizes. I haven't played in awhile and will not until they ship that stuff out. Just not worth the time if they're going to stiff me on the prizes.

They are making so much godamned money off our searches, I don't know why they have a stick up their ass about sending out prizes and cracking down on accounts and whatnot. What the hell, biting the hand that feeds.

Well think about it. Those pictures of people with five or ten of the same prizes sitting in their living room, abusing the system isn't exactly how they envisioned this. They want people to get their prizes, but people are abusing the system with bots and other ways of cheating. Why shouldn't they be able to drop the hammer on those people? How about people not create 10 accounts, not cheat the system and just enjoy a few free things? These pictures and posts eventually get back to them and when they hear that one person alone is waiting on a camcorder, ereader, Kitchen Aid mixer, and GPS unit it's abuse of the system. The same system that people stated that they'd adhere to with the terms and conditions. It's their right to do that, it's not a persons right to cheat their system. It's those people who ruin it for the rest of us. That's no one here, I'm sure, but they are around. And you can blame them for the delay. I, have had no such problems, yet, so I'm not complaining and I continue to play and enjoy my last couple of prizes, and await my next one. *I'll get off my soapbox now*

[quote name='Redeema']Well think about it. Those pictures of people with five or ten of the same prizes sitting in their living room, abusing the system isn't exactly how they envisioned this. They want people to get their prizes, but people are abusing the system with bots and other ways of cheating. Why shouldn't they be able to drop the hammer on those people? How about people not create 10 accounts, not cheat the system and just enjoy a few free things? These pictures and posts eventually get back to them and when they hear that one person alone is waiting on a camcorder, ereader, Kitchen Aid mixer, and GPS unit it's abuse of the system. The same system that people stated that they'd adhere to with the terms and conditions. It's their right to do that, it's not a persons right to cheat their system. It's those people who ruin it for the rest of us. That's no one here, I'm sure, but they are around. And you can blame them for the delay. I, have had no such problems, yet, so I'm not complaining and I continue to play and enjoy my last couple of prizes, and await my next one. *I'll get off my soapbox now*[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to say that people have an inflated sense of entitlement that helps justify their actions? I find this hard to believe, sir.

I think a large part of their searches come from cheaters/ multiple account users. They're definitely not throwing those search results away though they aren't giving out the prizes. It's very beneficial to them: keep the prizes and keep the searches, claiming the person cheated.

[quote name='cin84_12']I think a large part of their searches come from cheaters/ multiple account users. They're definitely not throwing those search results away though they aren't giving out the prizes. It's very beneficial to them: keep the prizes and keep the searches, claiming the person cheated.[/QUOTE]
Many people on the botting scene have stopped because prizes haven't been shipping. Microsoft now is no longer getting the searches which could lead to some big changes with Bing unless they start shipping prizes again.

Well, you can look at this a few different ways.

1. The prizes you want will more than likely be there longer.
2. Ticket prices needed to claim a prize will go down to where they previously were. No more 9300 tickets to grab a game, they'll go back down to the 5000 or less where they were at before.
3. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
4. The cheaters were only serving to ruin the experience for everyone else by affecting points 1 and 2.
5. As much as MS would like to use those inflated numbers, they're not realistic and they know it. They'd much rather have real numbers valid in real world applications to sell this to their advertisers. It's not beneficial to them when they tell an advertiser that they get 1 million searches a day, but only 10k of those ever actually click on links because they're either made by a bot or by someone playing a game that forces them to use the search engine to begin with.

Just my two cents, I'm sure the cheaters have their own justifications for doing what they do. I think it's not a problem if cheaters don't get their prizes just to turn a quick profit off of something that they cheated to get. Maybe they'll be able to give us nice prizes again at a decent ticket value now. *Come on HD ZUNE*

The 12-week mark is up for me July 14, and I can't wait to send my e-mail; already have it all typed out. Meanwhile, I've played to 1,000 tickets once since it became apparent I wasn't going to get my prizes, so that's about a month with no Club Bing'ing from me. I'm just thankful nothing I really want has come up in the meantime.

I'm assuming that Redeema is just talking about the cheaters and not just everyone who isn't receiving prizes, considering there's some people who play properly and aren't receiving their prizes either.

Anyway, my 12 weeks is up on the 5th of July, so I'll be sending them an email as soon as that day rolls around.

[quote name='Redeema']Well, you can look at this a few different ways.

1. The prizes you want will more than likely be there longer.
2. Ticket prices needed to claim a prize will go down to where they previously were. No more 9300 tickets to grab a game, they'll go back down to the 5000 or less where they were at before.
3. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
4. The cheaters were only serving to ruin the experience for everyone else by affecting points 1 and 2.
5. As much as MS would like to use those inflated numbers, they're not realistic and they know it. They'd much rather have real numbers valid in real world applications to sell this to their advertisers. It's not beneficial to them when they tell an advertiser that they get 1 million searches a day, but only 10k of those ever actually click on links because they're either made by a bot or by someone playing a game that forces them to use the search engine to begin with.

Just my two cents, I'm sure the cheaters have their own justifications for doing what they do. I think it's not a problem if cheaters don't get their prizes just to turn a quick profit off of something that they cheated to get. Maybe they'll be able to give us nice prizes again at a decent ticket value now. *Come on HD ZUNE*[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know what in the world your talking about? As long as ClubBing exist someone will be cheating. Also, just because people are not playing does not mean anything about prizes being cheaper. ClubBing pretty much selects who they want and ships out a prize. At this point in time their is not point in playing the games because cheating or not you do not have any guarantee of getting your prize.

I agree with Redeema, except maybe for the prices matter, I don't think they're changing the prices because of cheaters or at least not totally because of that.

I also think that some of you are overreacting regarding the delay in shippings, and I don't think this forum, thread, or whatever, represents the whole Bing "users" share.
So, the question is, how many of us (the ones who post here) are not receiving prizes? and how many of us played legit (no bots, macros, etc) and did not receive prizes? how many of us who played legit, did not receive prizes have been told to be cheaters by Bing? And the best of all:
What percentage % do the ones who played legit, did not receive prizes and have been told cheaters represent?

Another good question is how many of the ones told to be cheaters are really cheaters or cheated the system in any way? Everyone here is just a nickname or an avatar. Why would I lie about cheating if no one knows me or will anyway?

What happened to everyone that was expecting prizes and have already waited the full 12 weeks? What responses are they getting? Where they all told to be cheaters or were they told to wait? I'm curious because no one is posting responses.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I played legit and received my prizes on time.

I also play legit and have received the two prizes I ordered since the lull in shipping. I'm currently waiting on the Malibu Picnic Pack, which I ordered earlier this week.

As for the prices coming down, look at it in terms of something we all seem to know well. If a game doesn't sell the vendor (in this case Club Bing) needs to drop the price for it to sell. Once it hits a price point where it sells, generally $10 per drop. If no one buys the Club Bing prizes because the tickets aren't worth the time or effort the likelihood of them quitting the program is high, therefore a price drop would be an effective way of enticing the player to continue to play. If they see that the cheaters have affected their numbers this much they either need to accept that the cheaters help inflate their numbers and go with it or eliminate the cheaters and try and start over with real numbers they can prove to those who want to advertise with them.

[quote name='coolfelix']I agree with Redeema, except maybe for the prices matter, I don't think they're changing the prices because of cheaters or at least not totally because of that.

I also think that some of you are overreacting regarding the delay in shippings, and I don't think this forum, thread, or whatever, represents the whole Bing "users" share.
So, the question is, how many of us (the ones who post here) are not receiving prizes? and how many of us played legit (no bots, macros, etc) and did not receive prizes? how many of us who played legit, did not receive prizes have been told to be cheaters by Bing? And the best of all:
What percentage % do the ones who played legit, did not receive prizes and have been told cheaters represent?

Another good question is how many of the ones told to be cheaters are really cheaters or cheated the system in any way? Everyone here is just a nickname or an avatar. Why would I lie about cheating if no one knows me or will anyway?

What happened to everyone that was expecting prizes and have already waited the full 12 weeks? What responses are they getting? Where they all told to be cheaters or were they told to wait? I'm curious because no one is posting responses.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I played legit and received my prizes on time.[/QUOTE]

Prizes that are delayed have nothing to do with cheating or playing legit. Plenty of people who play legit have not got prizes on time and plenty of people who cheat are still getting prizes on time.
Like I said before no one knows the method to ClubBing's madness right now.

The only thing I can think of is they have some new 12 week ship rule for people who have multiple accounts per house hold.
But to be honest it's not really worth putting the time in for tickets if I need to wait 3 months to see my prize.

[quote name='Shuino']Prizes that are delayed have nothing to do with cheating or playing legit. Plenty of people who play legit have not got prizes on time and plenty of people who cheat are still getting prizes on time.
Like I said before no one knows the method to ClubBing's madness right now.

The only thing I can think of is they have some new 12 week ship rule for people who have multiple accounts per house hold.
But to be honest it's not really worth putting the time in for tickets if I need to wait 3 months to see my prize.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on 3 items, play legit. The only thing that changed is that I moved earlier this year. Got one item at the new place that I received in early May but the others nothing. My 12 weeks is up next week so I guess I'll see what happens.

[quote name='Redeema']5. As much as MS would like to use those inflated numbers, they're not realistic and they know it. They'd much rather have real numbers valid in real world applications to sell this to their advertisers. It's not beneficial to them when they tell an advertiser that they get 1 million searches a day, but only 10k of those ever actually click on links because they're either made by a bot or by someone playing a game that forces them to use the search engine to begin with.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously... this is one of the craziest thing I've ever seen posted in this thread....

If MS wanted "real world" numbers they wouldn't be running games that generate 1 search for 1 word and giving away prizes to people playing them.

They run these games because they give away piddly prizes to people making them buttloads of advertising dollars. As soon as it stops making them buttloads of dollars then clubbing will end. IE: Bing Cashback.

Just got shipping emails on the camera and HD. Exactly 1 month from when I ordered them.

Been playing legit and everything seems fine to me.

My sister received confirmation for her massage pillow (1 month time frame). I'm waiting for my camcorder (ordered on May 16th, still no email). Probably give up if I don't receive it; already temporarily stopped because it was starting to feel like a second job. 2 hours of typing in the evening, after a long day, isn't fun.

I did get a rice cooker, heater, and a flashlight out of it.

Just curious - Anyone switch to using bing as their search engine? I just did some searches and compared it to google's. Some results were similar but for the rest google is better. Even when the results were the same, I preferred google's layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nordom']Just got shipping emails on the camera and HD. Exactly 1 month from when I ordered them.

Been playing legit and everything seems fine to me.[/QUOTE]
Congrats. I'm waiting on the camera myself, and the shaver. Ordered 5/28 and 6/11 respectively. I've played legit myself, so I'm hoping I get shipping emails.

Thanks to Double Point Days, I've once again slowly amassed enough to redeem my time with crosswords and anagram puzzles for a decent prize. Originally thought about getting the Norelco Cordless Shaving System, but I could probably use a portable hard drive for back-ups more (and local sales on the 7130 razors seem to be fairly regular anyway). My question to fellow CAGs: is the HDD worth it? I've pretty much read every post in this thread and a few of its predecessors, but I can't remember what people had to say about the quality and/or merit of that prize. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

I got the 160 when it came out, and it's super compact and works great. Don't stop, get it, get it. I'd get it, but saving for another prize.

[quote name='dpac']...
My question to fellow CAGs: is the HDD worth it? I've pretty much read every post in this thread and a few of its predecessors, but I can't remember what people had to say about the quality and/or merit of that prize. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.[/QUOTE]
Depends...

If you are thinking of getting it with the intention of flipping it (i.e. resale on the gray market), then it is not worth it. Get the cameras or any of the console related 'commodities' instead.

If you are thinking of getting it because you could use an external HDD, then it is a nice unit. The aluminum case is not much bigger than the actual drive (snug fit) so it is quite small (a little bigger than an iPhone) and fits in most pockets/purses. Some people have indicated that they got the wrong cables with the 250 Gb (i.e. no mini-usb) and I haven't heard if/how that was resolved. Most people probably already have a appropriate cable laying around from a phone or a camera, so probably not a big deal for many.

I have both the 160 and 250, and use them when I need to backup/move lots of data, usually from someone's laptop before I wipe and reinstall Windoze. I also use it as an external drive for my consoles (although the xbox will only use 16 Gb of it for game saves, etc, the rest is still available for computer/multi-media use).

Here is a link to the original vendor: Store-It Colors 2.5” Portable Hard Drives

Prizes Recently Added:

CB_PLAYINGCARDS_sm.png
CB_FLOWERMIX_sm.png
CB_B4O00001_sm.png
CB_MYPALVIOLET_sm.png
CB_SMARTFOAMPILLOW_sm.png
CB_PERFECTPULLUP_sm.png

- Playing Cards: 350 Tickets
- Complete Garden Seed Kit: 1,650 Tickets
- Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote: 3,850 Tickets
- LeapFrog My Pal Violet Learning Toy: 6,670 Tickets
- Smart-Foam Microfiber Pillow: 6,900 Tickets
- Perfect Pull-Up with Ab Strap: 10,850 Tickets
Prize Updates brought to you by the ProBingBot...
Get your own AUTOMATIC notifications at The ProBing Blog.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']It's sad to see this thread so inactive. Can't wait for Bing to come out of this slump if they ever do.[/QUOTE]

At least they just added some prizes. Unfortunately, they're prizes that have been up before. I was hoping for some more Xbox games since I got my Xbox 360 from them a few months ago. Although, I'm not sure it would matter. I'm one of the ones who seem to have stopped getting their prizes despite playing legitimately.

I'm sure I mentioned it before, but I figured I could post something to at least help keep this thread active.

To A Gamer: I'm one of the people that got the 250gb HD that didn't come with the right miniUSB cable. The one it came with was a bit of a splitter cable. When I connect an old miniUSB cable I had sitting around to it, my computer doesn't recognize it (despite the light being green) unless I plug it into one of my rear USB ports and my Xbox doesn't recognize it at all even though I created a 16GB FAT32 partition. Is it just a wanky cable? Did things work out OK with yours?

[quote name='Mayson']At least they just added some prizes. Unfortunately, they're prizes that have been up before. I was hoping for some more Xbox games since I got my Xbox 360 from them a few months ago. Although, I'm not sure it would matter. I'm one of the ones who seem to have stopped getting their prizes despite playing legitimately.

I'm sure I mentioned it before, but I figured I could post something to at least help keep this thread active.

To A Gamer: I'm one of the people that got the 250gb HD that didn't come with the right miniUSB cable. The one it came with was a bit of a splitter cable. When I connect an old miniUSB cable I had sitting around to it, my computer doesn't recognize it (despite the light being green) unless I plug it into one of my rear USB ports and my Xbox doesn't recognize it at all even though I created a 16GB FAT32 partition. Is it just a wanky cable? Did things work out OK with yours?[/QUOTE]

These drives require more power than most USB devices, like flash drives and mice. The reason these drives usually come with splitter cables is so that you can draw power from a second USB port if necessary. It's not uncommon for older laptops and front USB ports on desktops to supply less power, which is why you're finding that you need to plug it into the rear ports. I don't know why it isn't working with your 360.

[quote name='louiedog']These drives require more power than most USB devices, like flash drives and mice. The reason these drives usually come with splitter cables is so that you can draw power from a second USB port if necessary. It's not uncommon for older laptops and front USB ports on desktops to supply less power, which is why you're finding that you need to plug it into the rear ports. I don't know why it isn't working with your 360.[/QUOTE]

It would be great to use it with my 360 (and to lug around data and my LIVE profile around to friends' machines), but I guess my main motivation for getting the hard drive is to back up laptop data myself. No worries about reselling, so it's good to hear that people like the build, even if the USB power seems a bit flaky. Thanks for reminding me of info from earlier in the thread (I kinda recall some discussion of the drives in the past now), but hearing definitive word on the power issue for 360s and PCs would be helpful as well. Thanks again for all the replies.

Just a theory, but-- if they're putting up prizes that they've had before, could that mean that they're beginning to ship those prizes from the first time around, and they've just weeded out the cheaters which left them with some leftover prizes?

[quote name='Mayson']To A Gamer: I'm one of the people that got the 250gb HD that didn't come with the right miniUSB cable. The one it came with was a bit of a splitter cable. When I connect an old miniUSB cable I had sitting around to it, my computer doesn't recognize it (despite the light being green) unless I plug it into one of my rear USB ports and my Xbox doesn't recognize it at all even though I created a 16GB FAT32 partition. Is it just a wanky cable? Did things work out OK with yours?[/QUOTE]
Not sure why it would behave that way. Both of mine work fine with a cable that came with an old Motorolla flip phone. They work fine via the front or rear ports on my consoles (both are the HDMI versions) with a single cable connection (although the console warns that it may not perform properly, the HDD is actually faster than flash memory devices).

It may be the partition is the problem on the console. I suspect that it will work fine if you format the whole thing with Fat32 (like it originally came). The console will create a folder on that partition for the 'save file'. Basically 16 Gb of encrypted 'chunk' files (I think they were 1 Gb each?). You can use the rest of the space for you own stuff.

[quote name='louiedog']These drives require more power than most USB devices, like flash drives and mice. The reason these drives usually come with splitter cables is so that you can draw power from a second USB port if necessary. It's not uncommon for older laptops and front USB ports on desktops to supply less power, which is why you're finding that you need to plug it into the rear ports. I don't know why it isn't working with your 360.[/QUOTE]
Quite true. The key word being 'older'. It is also possible (likely?) that those are USB 1.0 ports, which are much slower, too. All of the computers I have used them on only required one USB connection (i.e. they are all USB 2.0 ports).

[quote name='dpac']It would be great to use it with my 360 (and to lug around data and my LIVE profile around to friends' machines), but I guess my main motivation for getting the hard drive is to back up laptop data myself. No worries about reselling, so it's good to hear that people like the build, even if the USB power seems a bit flaky. Thanks for reminding me of info from earlier in the thread (I kinda recall some discussion of the drives in the past now), but hearing definitive word on the power issue for 360s and PCs would be helpful as well. Thanks again for all the replies.[/QUOTE]
You can use it for both. The XBOX will make a folder with 16 Gb worth of 'files' in it. As long as you don't mess with that folder, you can use the rest of the space on the drive for backup, etc.

The power issue may depend on the version of the console? I don't have any pre-hdmi consoles to test it on.

[quote name='anagram7507']Just a theory, but-- if they're putting up prizes that they've had before, could that mean that they're beginning to ship those prizes from the first time around, and they've just weeded out the cheaters which left them with some leftover prizes?[/QUOTE]
That used to be the case, which is why prizes would briefly re-appear about a month after they were first listed (i.e. the order validation/verification occurred 29-to-32 days after it was placed, basically when the prizes normally ship). But I believe they changed that in April '10, when the prizes were coming and going on a much more rapid basis. It has been 2 to 4 months since the current re-listed prizes were first listed, well beyond the normal shipping window for these prizes. I believe the prizes you are seeing re-listed now are the ones that were being returned-to-shipper because they were undeliverable? Which is also what I suspect that huge re-listing of old prizes was a while back -- someone finally got around to opening/re-stocking all those returned packages. It is quite surprising how many packages bounce back to Bing (well, technically Arvato). Course, I would not expect any of these re-listed prizes to last very long if that is the case.

Well, I e-mailed Bing about my Xbox360 remote being at the 12 week mark and I got a reply saying I cheated. Which I did not.

What I don't understand is how I just got the necklace I ordered in March on the same account no more than a week ago and I have not played that account in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back