Club Nintendo Bonus Survey - 30 Bonus Coins!!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
For all of you who are running low on coins, Club Nintendo has a survey you can take about your gaming life (much like the ones you would take through Gamestop) and after you have completed it, you will get a bonus 30 coins. I just finished mine and it took like 3 minutes.

Enjoy!

mooib.jpg

[quote name='Warlock82']Haha, I told them to get some better rewards other than DS cases and cards :p I used Japan's Club Nintendo as an example (and specifically brought up the awesome Super Famicom-style Wii Classic Controller they had there at one time).

I also complained that you seem to only be able to register 1st party titles. I don't know why it's so hard for Nintendo to have 3rd parties insert registration codes into their games as well (or at least the major releases anyways)[/QUOTE]

My biggest complaint was that they needed to release some more games other than Game & Watch. For example, maybe some Exclamation Warriors! :D

[quote name='Squarehard']My biggest complaint was that they needed to release some more games other than Game & Watch. For example, maybe some Exclamation Warriors! :D[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I also brought up tingle, disaster day of crisis, and another code r.

Lots of points and nothing worth picking up. At least not for me. Maybe the people of eBay will value this junk. I hope everyone's been bitching about how inferior our Club Nintendo is in their survey comments.

I'm amazed at how much people are paying for that stupid platinum status Mario hat. I obviously made the wrong choice. I haven't even bothered downloading that Punch-Out thing yet.

[quote name='Throat']Lots of points and nothing worth picking up. At least not for me. Maybe the people of eBay will value this junk. I hope everyone's been bitching about how inferior our Club Nintendo is in their survey comments.

I'm amazed at how much people are paying for that stupid platinum status Mario hat. I obviously made the wrong choice. I haven't even bothered downloading that Punch-Out thing yet.[/QUOTE]

Don't download it, sell it. Probably get $30-$40 for it.

[quote name='asthmatic']what does platinum status give you guys?[/QUOTE]

A Mario Hat or a date with Doc :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bitter Nintendo fan that I am, I asked for NTSC-U copies of Another Code R and Disaster: Day of Crisis as future Club Nintendo prizes.

[quote name='fwbweux']Bitter Nintendo fan that I am, I asked for NTSC-U copies of Another Code R and Disaster: Day of Crisis as future Club Nintendo prizes.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Everyone please ask for US releases of Trace Memory 2 and Disaster, along with other games that have English translations but no US release as prizes.

[quote name='asthmatic']what does platinum status give you guys?[/QUOTE]

When June rolls around, Nintendo announces a few rewards from which you can choose. This past year they had either a downloadable Punch-Out thing (basically a demo of the game with Doc Louis as the opponent) or a Mario hat that fits nicely on my head. I think Gold members got a calendar.

And this may say that I spend way too much on games, but I've already got Platinum status for this year :p Of course, a lot of that was me buying old DS/Wii games for $5-$15 (Advance Wars, Battalion Wars, and a few others) and registering them.

With a lot of Nintendo games falling in price in the used market, it's really not THAT tough to get the 600 required coins and people would be surprised that pretty much every registration code in the games is unused. It's basically registering 12 Wii games (Nintendo published of course)

I highly recommend those Legend of Zelda posters also to anyone who has the coins and is a decent Zelda fan. The Phantom Hourglass/Wind Waker one and the Twilight Princess one come off as if they were used for promotions in store (mainly due to the rather large ESRB label) but the history of Link one is pure awesome.

[quote name='fwbweux']Bitter Nintendo fan that I am, I asked for NTSC-U copies of Another Code R and Disaster: Day of Crisis as future Club Nintendo prizes.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I thought Disaster: DoC was cancelled? Did they give that out as a CN Japan reward?

[quote name='Warlock82']Wait, I thought Disaster: DoC was cancelled? Did they give that out as a CN Japan reward?[/QUOTE]

Nope, was never a bonus. Disaster was released in Japan and Europe but not North America. You wouldn't be thinking of Project Hammer, would you?

[quote name='fwbweux']Nope, was never a bonus. Disaster was released in Japan and Europe but not North America. You wouldn't be thinking of Project Hammer, would you?[/QUOTE]

I must be. Well that's a shame then.

I have a question for other Nintendo club members:

How does one qualify to receive these free gifts?
left-promo-reward-en.jpg

I now have 820 points,well passed the platinum requirement. But does one have to be in Elite statues too? How do i do that?

I want that Mario hat/pillow.:bomb:

[quote name='Warlock82']Wait, I thought Disaster: DoC was cancelled? Did they give that out as a CN Japan reward?[/QUOTE]

It's actually been released in Europe as well. It just hasn't seen the light of day in America as we can infer a strong 'no' from this statement. The game apparently didn't sell well at all.

I've heard mixed things about that game, though I was seriously pissed (which has now diminished only slightly) when I heard that Fatal Frame wasn't going to be coming to NA. I loved the first three, and a Fatal Frame with Wii controls made me wet myself. They would be awesome choices for Club Nintendo rewards. I was a bit disappointed that my only alternative to the Mario Hat (which was decent but not awesome) was a download that looked to be more of a demo with the enemy given a new skin.

A suggestion to people filling out the survey: Ask them to please, PLEASE, LOWER THE COST OF SOME REWARDS. That's why I love the Zelda posters. For 350 coins I got three large posters, whereas if I spent almost twice as much I could get a game card holder (for 9 games) and a stylus? The proportion of awesome to crap is quite high using those two items.

@Viol8tor: Platinum = Elite. It is a bit misleading to refer to them as two different things, but one is the other. Once you're Platinum, you have reached Elite status.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Those were last years prizes so eligibility has passed.[/QUOTE]

WHAT? NOOOOOOO!!!:cry::cry::cry:

But....but..., it states that if i reach platinum or gold statues by the end of the Nintendo year (July 1-June 30th), we are only in December.

I'm kina confused. They made it seem like i could still get those gifts, as long as i had enough points by June 30th.

[quote name='Viol8tor']WHAT? NOOOOOOO!!!:cry::cry::cry:

But....but..., it states that if i reach platinum or gold statues by the end of the Nintendo year (July 1-June 30th), we are only in December.

I'm kina confused. They made it seem like i could still get those gifts, as long as i had enough points by June 30th.[/QUOTE]

It says "Previous Elite Status Rewards". There will be new rewards if you get platinum status by June 30th 2010, but they won't announce what they are probably until very close to that date.

[quote name='Warlock82']It says "Previous Elite Status Rewards". There will be new rewards if you get platinum status by June 30th 2010, but they won't announce what they are probably until very close to that date.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so once June 30th 2010 comes/passes, they will announce this years gifts. Darn, i hope its something just as cool.

fuck it, 30 bucks on ebay for the hat,lol

[quote name='Nirron']A suggestion to people filling out the survey: Ask them to please, PLEASE, LOWER THE COST OF SOME REWARDS. That's why I love the Zelda posters. For 350 coins I got three large posters, whereas if I spent almost twice as much I could get a game card holder (for 9 games) and a stylus? The proportion of awesome to crap is quite high using those two items.[/QUOTE]

In defense of the cart/stylus holders, they're actually really really nice in person. Not the best cases for on-the-go gaming as they're a bit bulky and don't have a locking mechanism, but they feel sturdy, have really strong styrofoam on the inside for holding carts, and come with styluses in just about every color (which is pointless but just plain cool :D)

2mrxpb5.jpg

2nq6v14.jpg

[quote name='fwbweux']In defense of the cart/stylus holders, they're actually really really nice in person. Not the best cases for on-the-go gaming as they're a bit bulky and don't have a locking mechanism, but they feel sturdy, have really strong styrofoam on the inside for holding carts, and come with styluses in just about every color (which is pointless but just plain cool :D)

2mrxpb5.jpg

2nq6v14.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That close up, they actually look pretty nice. I sort of want the AC one now, lol.

[quote name='Liquidrmx']I can't find the survey,I click the picture and look at the to do,but only see the list of games[/QUOTE]

Check your to do list.

[quote name='fwbweux']In defense of the cart/stylus holders, they're actually really really nice in person. Not the best cases for on-the-go gaming as they're a bit bulky and don't have a locking mechanism, but they feel sturdy, have really strong styrofoam on the inside for holding carts, and come with styluses in just about every color (which is pointless but just plain cool :D)

2mrxpb5.jpg

2nq6v14.jpg
[/QUOTE]

See, that *looks* nice, but 9 games is nothing. And why do I even need to hold styluses? (styli?) Isn't that what the big hole on the side of the DS is for? Not to mention that case wouldn't hold my awesome Zelda feather stylus :)

If they offered the same thing, but it held like 30-ish or more games, then I would consider getting it. I mean, hell, I am *still* using a case that says "Game Boy Color" on the outside because it holds my system (amazingly the DS fits in there nicely) and a ton of games (those do not fit in as nice, though the GBA games did, and the DS games do fit if a cram several in each slot), and the whole thing is slightly smaller than a shoebox.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Don't download it, sell it. Probably get $30-$40 for it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know I could do that. Thought it might be tied to the Wii I registered. Thanks!

[quote name='Liquidrmx']I check my to do list and it only shows the list of games i got points from[/QUOTE]

ctrl+f: bonus

It's on the list if you clicked on the picture.

[quote name='Warlock82']See, that *looks* nice, but 9 games is nothing. And why do I even need to hold styluses? (styli?) Isn't that what the big hole on the side of the DS is for? Not to mention that case wouldn't hold my awesome Zelda feather stylus :)

If they offered the same thing, but it held like 30-ish or more games, then I would consider getting it. I mean, hell, I am *still* using a case that says "Game Boy Color" on the outside because it holds my system (amazingly the DS fits in there nicely) and a ton of games (those do not fit in as nice, though the GBA games did, and the DS games do fit if a cram several in each slot), and the whole thing is slightly smaller than a shoebox.[/QUOTE]

Nine games is enough to keep next to a bed or a chair when you don't want to have to go wherever you keep all your DS games just to swap carts. I'm not going to deny that there's a decorative element to the case, but at the same time I'm not going to deny that it's functional and convenient for my own purposes.

I'm kind of a DS nut and use all different kinds of styluses, and I understand that not everyone is going to be impressed by something as small as a set of colored styluses, but, for instance, the Indigo stylus in that set goes nice with my Cobalt/Black Lite. Considering how many different DS color variations there are, there's something for everyone.

I click the princess peach picture, I look at the to do list,there no bonus,it just shows the game list
I'll try a different browser

[/QUOTE]

They need to use your pictures instead of the crap one they have on the site ;)

I wasn't really knocking the item as much as its price. I've had a moment or two at the airport or waiting on a train where I've wanted to have access to a few DS games, but it's just a LOT of points for an item like that. The Zelda posters are huge and there are three of them for 350 coins. The multiple stylii (styluses? who knows) do seem neat though. So yeah, don't take my little rant as a slight to the case, but rather the price that Nintendo associates with them. I do feel you on the different colors for the stylus though. I've always stuck with the traditional and boring black DS, so I'll occasionally buy a different color stylus to see what's different. I just tend to buy the cheap 3-packs most of the time, since I really can't pass up 3 for $6-7.

It's just one of those things that seem counterintuitive to my logic, considering if you filled that case with 9 Nintendo-published games, the amount of coins you get for registering those 9 games wouldn't be enough to cover HALF of what that case/stylus holder costs. I suppose I should be thankful that we at least get physical items though. I glanced at what Europe had been getting in the past...yikes.

Thanks Op, took me to 570 coins for the year. 30 more coins and I can shut down for this period. I get really tired of answering the same surveys over and over.

[quote name='somahead33']Thanks Op, took me to 570 coins for the year. 30 more coins and I can shut down for this period. I get really tired of answering the same surveys over and over.[/QUOTE]

You need to start having fun with it. Try to find ways to contradict yourself. I like marking that I would never recommmend the game to someone in the 7th or 8th question, and then in the following question check 'Yes' when they ask if you've already recommended the game to somebody.

Thx OP, i'd have never known about this since Nintendo never sends emails about the club stuff like this. I'm about 130 points away from the game n watch collection now.

I kinda like my mario hat, but i wish it had come with the gold prize in addition to the platinum prize, but i guess that's me being greedy.

[quote name='Nirron']They need to use your pictures instead of the crap one they have on the site ;)

I wasn't really knocking the item as much as its price. I've had a moment or two at the airport or waiting on a train where I've wanted to have access to a few DS games, but it's just a LOT of points for an item like that. The Zelda posters are huge and there are three of them for 350 coins. The multiple stylii (styluses? who knows) do seem neat though. So yeah, don't take my little rant as a slight to the case, but rather the price that Nintendo associates with them. I do feel you on the different colors for the stylus though. I've always stuck with the traditional and boring black DS, so I'll occasionally buy a different color stylus to see what's different. I just tend to buy the cheap 3-packs most of the time, since I really can't pass up 3 for $6-7.

It's just one of those things that seem counterintuitive to my logic, considering if you filled that case with 9 Nintendo-published games, the amount of coins you get for registering those 9 games wouldn't be enough to cover HALF of what that case/stylus holder costs. I suppose I should be thankful that we at least get physical items though. I glanced at what Europe had been getting in the past...yikes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can completely agree on the cost in coins of the case (and Club Nintendo items in general. I consider myself a moderately-high purchaser of Nintendo-published/developed games and I still don't know if I'm going to make 2010 Platinum status without resorting to buying codes on ebay). To be honest, I got mine from ebay and would recommend that other people do the same, but it doesn't come up for sale very often and it was better in person than I thought it would be, so I still recommend it for someone who has the coins, is willing to spend them, and doesn't see anything that immediately calls to them.

A lot of Club Nintendo stuff kind of sacrifices functionality for decorative quality. I'm also kind of interested on that really nice-looking DS rack with the Mario Hat-shaped ends, but it only looks like it holds six DS games! I would have cashed in coins for that a long time ago if it was just a pair of bookends, but at present that could hold like 7% of my DS games :lol:

Again, like with the stylus case it would work nicely next to a bed, chair, etc. where you can keep a select few DS games you're currently playing right next to you, but it doesn't suit my purposes. If the cart/stylus cases are the same for other people in that they're just not convenient enough that's just fine, but the picture on the site is indeed crappy and I want people to know that it's at least somewhat better than you'd be lead to believe :D

[quote name='fwbweux']I'm also kind of interested on that really nice-looking DS rack with the Mario Hat-shaped ends, but it only looks like it holds six DS games! I would have cashed in coins for that a long time ago if it was just a pair of bookends, but at present that could hold like 7% of my DS games :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's 8 (if you click it, it even says that), but yeah :p They really should have just made them book ends. Or maybe allowed the middle part to slide open for more items.

I keep all my points. Only thing worth it for me is the posters. I would get the stylus'/ii, but its to much since I have zero use for the case (all my games are within a foot of me). And while the hanafuda cards are cool, I don't want 'em all that much.

I do wonder what the prizes this year are. Better be something good. I need something to offset the sadness i got with the hat. My head is too big :(

Does anyone know why Nintendo hasn't upgraded the items on club Nintendo to work with the DSi. (I also wish that Nintedo would release that sexy Dragon Quest 9 DSi cover/case :drool:.)

[quote name='Shockdrop']I keep all my points. Only thing worth it for me is the posters. I would get the stylus'/ii, but its to much since I have zero use for the case (all my games are within a foot of me). And while the hanafuda cards are cool, I don't want 'em all that much.

I do wonder what the prizes this year are. Better be something good. I need something to offset the sadness i got with the hat. My head is too big :([/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. Right now I have a little over 1100 coins, and my only recent reward has been the Zelda posters. I rarely use my handheld for it's most common use: portability, so most of those DS items have little use to me. I can't vouch for last year, but I'm hoping that the survey they're doing now means that they actually, you know, LISTEN, and that many people ask for physical items.

Unfortunately, it looks like I may need to if that one statement about the coins is true (they apparently expire around 2 years after redeemed, so any coins I redeemed last cycle will expire at the end of the 2011 cycle)

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the next CN year is over I'm getting that Mario game case, since it seems the points from previous years are pretty much free to spend on stuff.

[quote name='Warlock82']See, that *looks* nice, but 9 games is nothing. And why do I even need to hold styluses? (styli?) Isn't that what the big hole on the side of the DS is for? Not to mention that case wouldn't hold my awesome Zelda feather stylus :)

If they offered the same thing, but it held like 30-ish or more games, then I would consider getting it. I mean, hell, I am *still* using a case that says "Game Boy Color" on the outside because it holds my system (amazingly the DS fits in there nicely) and a ton of games (those do not fit in as nice, though the GBA games did, and the DS games do fit if a cram several in each slot), and the whole thing is slightly smaller than a shoebox.[/QUOTE]

Take a trip to Japan - they sell a DS case just like that, holds 16-18 games. Looks like a DVD case. Comes in light blue or black (but no mario picture or design on outside case), and sadly no locking mechanism to close it (the hell is with that??). But I love it. They might eventually bring em stateside (like the mini Hori cases that hold 16-games! Those are sweet, and sold at your local Target!), or you can look on an importer's website! I'd put up a photo of that DS case I'm talking about, but I'm too lazy! :roll:

bread's done
Back