Club Nintendo: Free VC/DS/3DS games with Club Points

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all...this is not such a huge deal, but hey free games from Nintendo are a rare thing! Here is the original story from Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/15/now-you-can-exchange-club-nintendo-coins-for-games/
Nintendo will have a different selection of free games redeemable with club nintendo points, hopefully Super Metroid is for January, still need that one! I got Super Mario Kart SNES and Fluidity for Wii Ware...both are pretty fun and FREE!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Not, only is it not free, I think it's a very poor deal.

$100 worth of coins or $6 outright? I think I'll stick to the impossible-to-get-othwerwise physical rewards, which are pretty neat.

[quote name='mabba18']Not, only is it not free, I think it's a very poor deal.

$100 worth of coins or $6 outright? I think I'll stick to the impossible-to-get-othwerwise physical rewards, which are pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I like this concept. I have a bunch of coins sitting around that I've wondered how I'm ever going to use, and the ability to use them on actual games is welcome.

[quote name='Faytz']New Zelda Posters.. :p Thanks I ordered.[/QUOTE]

I wanted the Zelda set, I think the Wind Waker and History posters look great, but my wife has last say [insert whipping sound here], so I ordered the Donkey & Mario ones. I really wish you could mix and match, there is at least 1 poster in each set that I really don't like.

[quote name='PapaLau']I wanted the Zelda set, I think the Wind Waker and History posters look great, but my wife has last say [insert whipping sound here], so I ordered the Donkey & Mario ones. I really wish you could mix and match, there is at least 1 poster in each set that I really don't like.[/QUOTE]

Ya. I only like one from the wind waker set.. but for skyward sword a few of them looks pretty so I just went with that one :p

[quote name='mabba18']Not, only is it not free, I think it's a very poor deal.

$100 worth of coins or $6 outright? I think I'll stick to the impossible-to-get-othwerwise physical rewards, which are pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

Its free. Its not $100 worth of coins. You paid for games, not the coins. They didn't really have to give you anything else, therefore its free. I feel really bad for the greedy people who don't understand this concept. It happens a lot on the internet these days. #firstworldproblems

[quote name='bloodwings']Its free. Its not $100 worth of coins. You paid for games, not the coins. They didn't really have to give you anything else, therefore its free. I feel really bad for the greedy people who don't understand this concept. It happens a lot on the internet these days. #firstworldproblems[/QUOTE]
I know right? It's free in the sense that you don't pay anything addition. I bet Sony and Microsoft have better stuff righ... oh wait. You aren't buying the games to score a free poster set or whatever. You are buying the game to ENJOY. The Club Nintendo thing is just a nice little bonus to it.

[quote name='bloodwings']Its free. Its not $100 worth of coins. You paid for games, not the coins. They didn't really have to give you anything else, therefore its free.[/QUOTE]

Something that cost time and money is not free.

The coins are a bonus for sure, but since you must to spend money to earn them, they are not free. You do not get coins for nothing. Nintendo has never given away codes in some other way that did not cost money (like Disney Rewards for example).

Plus for every coin you are given, must fill out a survey of one sort or another, which takes time (even if it is a tiny bit of time). The last 100 coins I earned were from spending half an hour catching up on post-play surveys.

Those surveys are free for games that you got for free. So for example I bought xevious for 100 coins but got 10 back for doing the stupid survey got the 100 coins for it for the 10 ambassador nintendo games I did Post surveys for. So essentially I spent nothing and got a 11th game. The points expire and grabbing random games is better than having another random nintendo prop sitting around my house so I'm happy to spend my coins on these.

[quote name='mabba18']Plus for every coin you are given, must fill out a survey of one sort or another, which takes time (even if it is a tiny bit of time). The last 100 coins I earned were from spending half an hour catching up on post-play surveys.[/QUOTE]

Everything takes time. Walking over to the store to get something that IS free takes time.

So by your definition... nothing is free.

(and ain't that the truth)

This is great. Thanks OP. Got Fluidity, debating getting Mario vs DK or waiting for next month's selection of free games.

[quote name='Hyunkel']It's never too late to redeem those points, right?[/QUOTE]They expire every 2 years or so. The ones about to expire get used up first.

[quote name='Faytz']New Zelda Posters.. :p Thanks I ordered.[/QUOTE]

Guy I know got these. They are very, very nice indeed.

IMG_0401small.jpg

IMG_0400small.jpg

IMG_0399small.jpg

[quote name='Eoyote']Posters look great. Last poster, top right. In what Zelda game did Link look like that?[/QUOTE]

If your talking about the white one it's from Majora's Mask, it's what Link looks like when he wears the fierce deity mask. It's a powerful mask you get as a reward for (If I remember correctly) collecting all the normal masks in the game and can only be worn during boss fights.

[quote name='dancrane212']If your talking about the white one it's from Majora's Mask, it's what Link looks like when he wears the fierce deity mask. It's a powerful mask you get as a reward for (If I remember correctly) collecting all the normal masks in the game and can only be worn during boss fights.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the one where his hood is white. Makes sense as it's the one Zelda game I've yet to play.

bread's done
Back