Club Nintendo is finished.... Boo!

I'm guessing "instant" DLC unlocks (probably for stuff already on the discs). It would be awesome if this replaced store exclusive DLC, since it was ridiculous to try and juggle all of the Hyrule Warriors costumes.

Considering that we still don't have the 3DS remake of DQVII, gonna guess "no" :cry:

I remember doing surveys in the past for Dragon Quest games and whatnot saying, "I want more like this", but have never really used them to vent. Filling them out was a chore to begin with...
Well, no amount of whining to Nintendo is going to make Square Enix do what they don't want to do. Dragon Quest has been doing well on iOS, though, so I hope that translates to eventually getting DQVII 3DS, not to mention the DQ Monsters games and Rocket Slime...

What I wish is that Nintendo would put some money into expanding as a publisher and start bringing over lots of these games themselves. Sure, it wouldn't necessarily be a particularly profitable venture, but it would expand the user base. Generally if someone loves their 3DS because they're playing the hell out of DQVII, they'll buy something else on 3DS too.

I dno. Who knows. It's sad.

This is also assuming Squeenix will LET them bring them over here.
Yep. Hard to know if Sq-En doesn't want to do it themselves and doesn't want anyone else to either, or if Sq-En is willing but Nintendo just doesn't want to.

The thing with DQVII is that it's famous for having one of the longest scripts of any game, ever, if not the longest. But that doesn't answer any questions about the other DQ games in question (except leaving the obvious possibility that no one thinks it'll sell enough to make it worth the effort, and/or, again, Sq-En doesn't want to let anyone else do it).

Could also be they wouldn't allow Atlus/Xseed to do it but would allow Nintendo to, if Nintendo wanted; or no one.

The Flipnote Studio 3D gift is up!

Also, got HarmoKnight and finally entered a Mighty Gunvolt download code I had lying around; the post-play surveys for those should bump me up to 250 coins so that I can get Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move for my last regular reward...

Could also be they wouldn't allow Atlus/Xseed to do it but would allow Nintendo to, if Nintendo wanted; or no one.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, and it's a shame considering that XSEED is publishing a similarly wordy JRPG (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter), so they would most certainly be up to the challenge. Atlus would've been even less likely, especially now that they're owned by Sega.

I guess DQ games haven't sold enough to justify localizing others. IIRC, DQIX broke a million sold in North America and is the best selling DQ here, but none of the others on the DS have sold nearly as well. If they are doing well on iOS, maybe they'll finally localize the 3DS DQs, but the ship might've already sailed on those *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, and it's a shame considering that XSEED is publishing a similarly wordy JRPG (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter), so they would most certainly be up to the challenge. Atlus would've been even less likely, especially now that they're owned by Sega.
Actually, Xseed is using a (very good) fan translation for Trails in the Sky SC. Square and Nintendo are too snobby to use fan translations... :( Not to mention the fact that Dragon Warrior VII exists on PS1, which they could use the translation from, but again, too snobby. They want it to fit with the rest of the series with all the stupid dialects and stuff that no one likes anyway (and that probably aren't even present in the Japanese version, or at least not to that extent).

Actually, Xseed is using a (very good) fan translation for Trails in the Sky SC. Square and Nintendo are too snobby to use fan translations... :( Not to mention the fact that Dragon Warrior VII exists on PS1, which they could use the translation from, but again, too snobby. They want it to fit with the rest of the series with all the stupid dialects and stuff that no one likes anyway (and that probably aren't even present in the Japanese version, or at least not to that extent).
From what I understand, Carpe Fulgur is responsible for the translation of Trails SC. They aren't a fan group; their normal business is localizing and publishing doujin PC games in English. I think XSEED might've enlisted a fan translation group before, but I can't remember which game it was for, and it certainly wasn't this one.

And count me as someone who likes the dialect-heavy DQ translations. I find them rather charming.

Dragon Quest VII also has one of the longest game intro's.  I played it for a while, and the story never really got anywhere, back in the day.

I don't get why they can't just use the Dragon Warrior VII translation, translate the remaining bits, get one of their editors to add the dorky dialects, boom, done.

Getting back on topic: got those two post-play surveys I was expecting, which brought my total to 260 coins. Got Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, so now I'm left with ten coins. That's the last time I'll ever redeem coins for Club Nintendo rewards! *sniff*

(Also, unrelated: the music on the 3DS eShop is different today for Majora's Mask's release…)

Now to wait until April. Any guesses (or hopes) as to what the Gold and Platinum games will be?

Getting back on topic: got those two post-play surveys I was expecting, which brought my total to 260 coins. Got Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, so now I'm left with ten coins. That's the last time I'll ever redeem coins for Club Nintendo rewards! *sniff*

(Also, unrelated: the music on the 3DS eShop is different today for Majora's Mask's release…)

Now to wait until April. Any guesses (or hopes) as to what the Gold and Platinum games will be?
I could've sworn that I read somewhere that it would only be a selection of downloadable games that you could choose from (I'm not completely sure on this, though).

I could've sworn that I read somewhere that it would only be a selection of downloadable games that you could choose from (I'm not completely sure on this, though).
Yes, but I'm curious as to what games they'll be ;) Note that I did say "games", not "rewards/gifts".

Is CN not loading for anyone else? Earlier today, I could log in but it wouldn't accept any of my codes. Now I can't even log in. 

Is CN not loading for anyone else? Earlier today, I could log in but it wouldn't accept any of my codes. Now I can't even log in.
When I attempt to sign in, it just sits in limbo for ages. Is that happening to you? That happens to me a lot of the time. Mario is poopin or something.

When I attempt to sign in, it just sits in limbo for ages. Is that happening to you? That happens to me a lot of the time. Mario is poopin or something.
Yeah, that's what's happening. I ready about traffic issues earlier in the month but they're still happening? You'd think Nintendo would have things figured out by now but... guess not.

Yeah, that's what's happening. I ready about traffic issues earlier in the month but they're still happening? You'd think Nintendo would have things figured out by now but... guess not.
Brother, they've been happening since club.nintendo.com become a thingy. It's always been rather frustrating, and of course now with everyone in a half panic over it all, their feeble Pentium 90 or whatever server their running is even more inadequate. :) I'm sure they just don't have the bandwidth to dedicate to it, either when it was alive or now in its final months. What baffles me is how it works sometimes, other times kind of works, and other times not at all. I guess it is the weekend?

Thank you nintendo for one last kick in the balls. My goodness. One last shot to go out with a bang. And you shoot digital blanks. I'll wait a week and download tropical freeze but physical item was all that I wanted. Amiibo, mario statue, something cool. Unique. Just digital old titles and a zelda delay. What a day N!

Well to be fair they did let us know awhile ago the Plat / Gold rewards this year were going to be all digital, but I don't know why they didn't offer an even wider selection to choose from at least.

I said this in the main CN thread, but Wii U only owners have little else to choose from besides DKCTF (which is still really good), other than that its just two Wii games that most people already have and eShop titles valued at $10 or less.  It seems like the 3DS offerings were more robust though.

It seems like the 3DS offerings were more robust though.
The 3DS offerings aren't much better, especially compared to the regular 3DS rewards that were offered earlier. Other nitpicks aside, the thing that gets me is that most of the Platinum-only 3DS games are Mario-related titles! They couldn't vary things up a bit?

God it took forever this morning to reedem my Platinum for DKCTF. I am sooo glad I didn't buy that a few days ago, as I was a few coins short and a fellow CAG helped me out.

Now - if anyone wants to redeem Metroid Fusion for Wii U for a few dollars - if you have everything else, PM me :)

So, now that Club Nintendo is dead. Does anyone have anything on when Nintendo plans on announcing the replacement program? Year, season, or even month?

So, now that Club Nintendo is dead. Does anyone have anything on when Nintendo plans on announcing the replacement program? Year, season, or even month?
Nobody knows yet, but I'm sure CAG and all of the gaming press will be tripping over each other to let us know about it ASAP.

bread's done
Back