Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, Well I called yet again, the nice nerd was TRYING to help..but they are having tech issues on their end.. told me to call back in an hour.

I really do think Nintendo is out to get me.

[quote name='lilboo']LOL, Well I called yet again, the nice nerd was TRYING to help..but they are having tech issues on their end.. told me to call back in an hour.

I really do think Nintendo is out to get me.[/quote]

o lilboo, nintendo hates you :*(

[quote name='lilboo']LOL, Well I called yet again, the nice nerd was TRYING to help..but they are having tech issues on their end.. told me to call back in an hour.

I really do think Nintendo is out to get me.[/quote]

Quite the contrary. I think they're secretly in love with you, lilboo. Why else would they keep putting you in a position where you have to keep calling them?

You might want to check the bushes outside your residence for a naked Nintendo rep armed with a love knife and a jar of Vaseline.

OK, so io tries once and gets in no problem? WTF. I haven't been able to do jack since it first opened. Neither can two of my friends. Ima gonna call them again.

[quote name='Tybee']Quite the contrary. I think they're secretly in love with you, lilboo. Why else would they keep putting you in a position where you have to keep calling them?

You might want to check the bushes outside your residence for a naked Nintendo rep armed with a love knife and a jar of Vaseline.[/quote]

A love knife. Wow. Thats a new one. A boyfriend ever pull a love knife on me, i'm out the door...

If you registered AC:CF and haven't filled out your survey yet... make sure to put in a complaint about the grass problem. Those who have been keeping up with the AC thread here know what it's all about. Maybe if they get enough bad reviews about that "feature" they'll put out a patch or replacement disc to fix it like how they replaced Twilight Princess discs for people who got stuck for saving their game in certain places.

[quote name='eugaet']OK, so io tries once and gets in no problem? WTF. I haven't been able to do jack since it first opened. Neither can two of my friends. Ima gonna call them again.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - maybe it had something to do with me doing it late at night (did it around 3am last night). Either that or my super-secret CheapyD-provided mod power ;).

[quote name='Miranda']If you registered AC:CF and haven't filled out your survey yet... make sure to put in a complaint about the grass problem. Those who have been keeping up with the AC thread here know what it's all about. Maybe if they get enough bad reviews about that "feature" they'll put out a patch or replacement disc to fix it like how they replaced Twilight Princess discs for people who got stuck for saving their game in certain places.[/QUOTE]

Ooh - good idea. I already complained about the HUGE jump in difficulty in Mario Strikers from the first to second cup (first = super easy, second = impossible) resulting in the inability to unlock all the chars my kids want to play with. I'll definitely add something about the grass in AC. It is getting nearly impossible to make snowmen now there is so little "grass" area (which is where the snow shows up).

I should note that I am saying great things about most of the games. I feel like I need to criticize just a bit to not sound like a total fanboy :lol:. So Strikers was my first good chance - AC will be my second.

As for the rewards, yeah, I don't know much about the Game & Watch stuff and I do have the GBA version. It would be purely for the collection factor. It just seems more substantial than any of those other things, though I'm tempted by that AC DS game case :whistle2:k...

[quote name='io']As for the rewards, yeah, I don't know much about the Game & Watch stuff and I do have the GBA version. It would be purely for the collection factor. It just seems more substantial than any of those other things, though I'm tempted by that AC DS game case :whistle2:k...[/quote]

The other option is to just sit on your points and wait and see what they add in the ensuing months and years. I know most folks here are hoping to see the SNES classic controller. There's been better stuff than rainbow styluses and Wii remote holders released in Japan's version of the club, so it's reasonable to assume it'll come here eventually.

But I think the SNES controller is a gift when you go plantium?

My previously registered stuff still hasn't shown up yet. I have 380 coins, yay, but.. I have at least 1000 more coins waiting.

If I'm not mistaken, we are missing out on coins too. It's 30 or 50 coins to register a DS/Wii game, and additional 10 coins for the post play survey..I dunno about you guys but I only got 30 or 50 coins for those.

I got World of Goo yesterday and it immediately showed up, but with no survey. I got Space Invaders Get Even today, and the same thing happened.

But my Wii/DS games from 07 and mainly 08 are not showing up. I DO see them in the product registration area, which is good...at least I have proof..

Man.
Hopefully it really does get better... I'd imagine it would :whistle2:?

I don't think surveys for WiiWare/VC titles are up yet. It might be even that the survey for those games are only post-play surveys, which are 10 points anyway.

We don't know what the platinum gifts will be yet. It could be something new, or something Japan has gotten already (like the SNES controller :drool:). I don't know about everyone else, but I'm slowly registering my games since it is likely that I may hit platinum now with new releases, so I will save my older games until the beginning of the next Club Nintendo year.

The only rewards that I'm kind of interested in are the game rack, and DS lite case. Of course, in Japan they're a combined 600 points while in the US a combined 1000 points; not to mention there's a larger selection of colors from Japan. I really want a nice black one to go along with my Onyx DS.

[quote name='io']Sorry - maybe it had something to do with me doing it late at night (did it around 3am last night). Either that or my super-secret CheapyD-provided mod power ;).[/quote]Hey, BTW...did you get a verification email you had to click through before you could log in? The text on the site now says you only will get the email if you've never verified your address before...but I've still got a copy of my My Nintendo verification email from 2006 from when I signed up, so I should be good.

I called them again and they couldn't really offer any assistance...all I can do is wait. They did verify that my account migrated successfully, though. Maybe I just need to try between 3-4am some time...

[quote name='lilboo']If I'm not mistaken, we are missing out on coins too. It's 30 or 50 coins to register a DS/Wii game, and additional 10 coins for the post play survey..I dunno about you guys but I only got 30 or 50 coins for those.[/quote]

You're mistaken. You don't get 10 ADDITIONAL coins for doing the survey. Just the 10 (VC/WW), 30 (DS), or 50 (Wii) after you register the game and complete the survey.

I am interested to see how the "Intend to Buy" will work, however. That will be a way to get 10 additional points for each game.

I got World of Goo yesterday and it immediately showed up, but with no survey. I got Space Invaders Get Even today, and the same thing happened.

I bought Tetris Party last night, which is eligible, and it hasn't shown up yet, so who knows.

[quote name='Tybee']I am interested to see how the "Intend to Buy" will work, however. That will be a way to get 10 additional points for each game.[/quote]
You can look at the Japanese version of Club Nintendo for precedent. They maintain a webpage with a handful of select coming-soon titles. You can pre-register these games as "intend to buy." When you do finally buy it and enter the PIN, you get the bonus points then. I think there's also a stipulation in there that you also have to register within 4 weeks of the release to get the pre-register bonus points. (In getting credit for the pre-register points, you will get the early registration points too)

Has anyone gotten points for VC games? I've done surveys for everything, and when I click on Earn Coins, the VC games are there, but ... no coins show up for them? I emailed Nintendo and they said there's some bumps in the system - am I missing something?

There are definitely bumps in the system. When my previously-registered systems and games were transferred from the old system, I only got a few surveys, and no coins for most of the previous registrations. Considering the amount of games / systems I had registered, it was weird having only a few hundred coins after filling out a few surveys.

Thankfully, I had a bunch of games I had neglected to register, so I have over 600 coins, and have reached "Platinum" status - they do mention that these coins are "Elite Status" and will earn some kind of special annual reward; I think you need to reach Gold or Plat in a year to be eligible.

I did the survey for one game the day this started and haven't bothered to go back to the site yet. Not worth it with so many other people frantically trying to register their games as if the surveys are going to expire in a day. I figure I'll go back to the site in another week or two once things have died down and they've ironed out most of the issues.

Anyone else get the feeling that we'll be seeing better stuff next year? Nintendo has to know that there's a ton of people who have been waiting for this that have a ton of points already from previously bought games. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release cooler stuff next year after most people have used up their points, to entice the more hardcore gamers to buy more games to get the new gifts.

Some of the games I just entered tonight show up in the list, but no coins. For example, Kirby Squeak Squad. It's not that old (newer than Planet Puzzle League, I think, which I got coins for), but no coins, no survey. There were 4-5 DS games like that, and Excite Truck for Wii didn't give me coins either.

But is it ON the list where the other coins are?

I still have a bunch of registered products not even on that list yet.

[quote name='eugaet']Hey, BTW...did you get a verification email you had to click through before you could log in? The text on the site now says you only will get the email if you've never verified your address before...but I've still got a copy of my My Nintendo verification email from 2006 from when I signed up, so I should be good.[/QUOTE]

I did not as I had verified my address long ago with the old setup. Everything came through just fine for me last night. Note that I had no coins when I logged back in - had to do all the surveys first of course. And now I realized I did too many of them - should have save several for next summer. Oh well... I still think I have enough in reserve to get platinum next year too.

Tybee - I think you have a good plan there. I'll probably wait and not redeem my coins any time soon.

Wow, just noticed this whole Club Nintendo thing yesterday. I can't believe we're finally getting this! I just wished all the money spent on GameCube games counted for something :p

Looking at my list, I seem to be missing a ton of games, but I'm assuming that (hopefully) it's just cuz I didn't register them yet. Their surveys are kinda lame, but at least they're short. An annoying about the website for me is that I keep getting randomly signed off. I hope they eventually fix all their technical issues.

atm, I'm eying those card sets they've got on there...

[quote name='lilboo']But is it ON the list where the other coins are?

I still have a bunch of registered products not even on that list yet.[/QUOTE]

No. When I punched in those codes, it took me to a screen that listed every single product I've ever registered (GC, GBA, VC, etc.). That list included games that I got coins for and those that weren't eligible, but it didn't have a coin value next to anything. The list was under the account settings tab. If I try to enter the code again, it tells me I've already entered it, but it still doesn't show up on the list of things that I should get coins for.

[quote name='pete5883']I don't suppose anyone has found a bigger picture of those Hanafuda cards?[/quote]These should be identical to the ones that were offered in Japan, as there's no region specific text. Here's a post on those with some images.

It's interesting to note that you can get a deck of the Japanese Nintendo Hanafuda cards for about $15 at places like Rising Stuff.

The only way I was able to get onto the site was to setup an account for my wife, make it a family account, and add me to it. I couldn't get the damn thing to take my login straight up.

Please Help!

I created my account a long time ago and I can not remember my nintendo username. Is there any way to retrieve it or am I skrewed.

I registered a bunch of games 810 points ordered the Game & Watch game have another 220 point worth of sealed games. It's really too bad older DS games, GBA and Gamecube game don't count. I figure I have 570 point in older DS and VC games that don't count for points.

I had a MyNintendo account and moved it to Club Nintendo earlier this week.

Had to do it again today.

Then I was presented with surveys. It keeps logging me out after every one. After filling out the Mario Kart DS one and having it log me out again, this time failing to recognize the survey, I'm done for the day.

Why does Nintendo do this? Their registration/login stuff is complete crap and always has been. You'd think after the Brain Age 2 stylus stupidity they would have fixed it this time round.

[quote name='BigD63']Please Help!

I created my account a long time ago and I can not remember my nintendo username. Is there any way to retrieve it or am I skrewed.[/quote]You can have your password sent to your email or just make another one.

I was able to log in earlier - now I can't. I keep getting the following message:

The username and password combination you entered is not correct. Please try again. Remember, your password is case sensitive. If you do not remember your username or password, follow the "Forgot Your Password?" link below.

[quote name='thesimplicity']These should be identical to the ones that were offered in Japan, as there's no region specific text. Here's a post on those with some images.

It's interesting to note that you can get a deck of the Japanese Nintendo Hanafuda cards for about $15 at places like Rising Stuff.[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm missing something, the set offered by Rising Stuff (http://www.risingstuff.com/store/ni...-p-358.html?osCsid=kf32d0gnihfnfk9k7im7odfj05) is *not* the same as the Club Nintendo set, which features Nintendo artwork...

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']I'm saving my points exclusively for Games. I'm guessing Game & Watch Collection 2 will hit, and Balloon Fight w/Tingle.[/quote]
I'm foolishly going to skip a lot of things for the eventual Exclamation Warriors - though that should only be 800 points so I just need to make sure I have that in reserve.

So, is there any practical difference between Gold and Platimun status? My kids have accounts that may have some points available (I know my daughter has AC:WW for one thing) and if I can scrounge up some extra codes I may apply them to her account instead. But will there be different rewards for Gold vs Platinum, or is "Platinum" just a fancier title? I could see getting her to gold fairly easily, but not platinum...

Hooray! I tried it again last night, and finally got logged in! Had all my surveys waiting for me and everything. Now I'm at 680 coins and platinum status!

The only survey I couldn't do was a post-play survey for Secret of Mana. Anyone have any idea what that's about?

Nice, got signed up today and added my loot. I got family who pitched me their codes too, so I'm at 610 and platinum. I need to find 4 more wii games so I can order that Game and Watch title. Sweet.

[quote name='io']So, is there any practical difference between Gold and Platimun status? My kids have accounts that may have some points available (I know my daughter has AC:WW for one thing) and if I can scrounge up some extra codes I may apply them to her account instead. But will there be different rewards for Gold vs Platinum, or is "Platinum" just a fancier title? I could see getting her to gold fairly easily, but not platinum...[/quote]

I think it's been stated before that platinum and gold get different gifts when the year is up...

Plat is just better than gold... so better freebie.

[quote name='io']So, is there any practical difference between Gold and Platimun status? My kids have accounts that may have some points available (I know my daughter has AC:WW for one thing) and if I can scrounge up some extra codes I may apply them to her account instead. But will there be different rewards for Gold vs Platinum, or is "Platinum" just a fancier title? I could see getting her to gold fairly easily, but not platinum...[/quote]

In the Japanese Club Nintendo, Platinum members got much better stuff. For example, Tingle's Balloon Fight, the wiimote shaped TV remote, and the Mii battery cover. Last year, gold members just got a desk calendar. Platinum members had the choice between the calendar, the SNES pad, and a 2 CD Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack. This year, gold members still just got a calendar. Platinum members had the choice between a Mario hat, the calendar, and a golden Wii wheel.

Basically, if you can get Platinum, do it by all means. Gold members don't get much of anything.

Yeah, the Platinum bonuses are always MUCH better than the Gold ones. Platinum members can choose the calendar too, but why would you??
I personally have the Wiimote TV remote, Tingle's Balloon Fight, 2 Super Famicom Classic Controllers, and I ordered my golden Wii Wheel not too long ago. :D

Just a warning to people "saving" registration codes for next year, codes for older games aren't worth as much after a certain amount of time! ...at least it's that way over here in Japan.

For example, if you buy a brand new DS game you'd get about 40 points (we use points, not coins, in Japan) but if you buy an older DS game it'll only net you about 20 points. Same deal with Wii games as far as I know.

I'm NOT sure if NOA will have the same policy, but it's something to keep in mind for those of you saving codes!

[quote name='Gameboy415']Just a warning to people "saving" registration codes for next year, codes for older games aren't worth as much after a certain amount of time! ...at least it's that way over here in Japan.

For example, if you buy a brand new DS game you'd get about 40 points (we use points, not coins, in Japan) but if you buy an older DS game it'll only net you about 20 points. Same deal with Wii games as far as I know.[/quote]
I half disagree with this. If you've already qualified for platinum this year, then it makes sense to save your points to help you qualify again next year. You only get the bonus points for registering within 4 weeks of launch. Most the points that people would be saving are already disqualified from the bonus. Going forward with any new releases, current platinum members would have to weigh the benefits of having extra bonus points to redeem for prizes, or helping out their platinum status for next year. (If I already qualified for the current year, I'd probably save my points to qualify again next year... The platinum prizes are just way leet.)

[quote name='shinryuu']The only issue I have is transferring my My Nintendo account to Club Nintendo. It won't recognize the e-mail address as the same one as the My Nintendo account when I register. Anyone know how to fix that issue? Even if I ask to send the password, it doesn't e-mail it. =p[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Nintendo just annoys me now.

Hm, yeah, IE seems to work better for me as well. I tried Chrome also but it was just as bad as Firefox.

I guess IE does still serve a purpose :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back