Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='soccerstud652']Is there a time limit as to when we have to redeem all current points? I have 650 and am waiting until I accumulate 800 for the Game and Watch collection. However, I do not want to lose those points.[/QUOTE]

No limit, only the status resets.

[quote name='UncleBob']Yes. I'm already platinum. :)[/QUOTE]
Is there a benefit to being platinum on July 1 as opposed to June 30 the next year?

[quote name='soccerstud652']Is there a time limit as to when we have to redeem all current points? I have 650 and am waiting until I accumulate 800 for the Game and Watch collection. However, I do not want to lose those points.[/QUOTE]
The FAQ says
Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?
Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.

[quote name='basketb']Is there a benefit to being platinum on July 1 as opposed to June 30 the next year?[/QUOTE]

Just being awesome... ;)

No, not really.

I got a little flier from NoA today. I had to laugh, because the first thing I thought was it was my long over-due form letter from Reggie.

It was a little flier for PUNCH-OUT. A little late? Yeah, except it's new. 7/1/09 -> 7/31/09. It comes complete with a "GameStop Special Offer" of a 20% trade-in bonus credit torwards Punch-out. Code: EBC3009186 and it has the barcode. First thing I thought of was... damn... I hope NoA didn't pay for that type of promotion... since the current multiple game promotion is better.

If anyone with a Best Buy or GameStop post card would care to mail me their post cards (promotional codes can be used, I just want the card), that'd be swell. :)

Any chance the regular rewards are going to get updated some time in the near future? If I hit up the BB sale for some of the personal trainer games I will have more than enough points for platinum this year.

I have zero interest in G&W collection or the other trinkets. Kind of a shame to have all those coins stacked with no place to go.

[quote name='cochesecochese']If I hit up the BB sale for some of the personal trainer games I will have more than enough points for platinum this year.

[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind you only get coins for Nintendo-published games.

[quote name='UncleBob']The three Personal Trainer titles (Cooling, Math and Walking) are all Nintendo-published titles...[/QUOTE]
That was the plan. I only need two more codes for this year and cooking + math would put me over the top.

Is the "Silver Nintendo DS Game Card Case" a new item? I don't remember seeing that. It's 700 coins and is like the white one (600 coins), but comes with an aluminum stylus as well. I'm not actually interested in, but just wondering if it was recently added.

Oh, and I'm already platinum. After yet to come post-play surveys I'll be up to 780 coins I believe. I'd like to make it to 800 so I'm going to need another registration. I have a spare Wario Land Shake It code that is for trade for another Wii game reg code. See the code trade thread for details, such as what I already have.

I don't know how new it is, but it wasn't up there last time I looked. Good catch.

I'm still waiting for a prize refresh myself, as I have 1170 coins sitting around, plus whatever post-play surveys I have coming in, in addition to whatever games I don't have registered. I know its not likely, but I wish we could could get some of the soundtracks that are available with Japan's Club Nintendo.

I already have a DS lite/i case, so I'm not really that interested in anything other than the Wiimote Holder or DS Game Rack.

For anyone considering the wii remote holder, here's my observations:
-It's shiny. The outer surface is kind of like fake white patent leather.
-It has a single removable divider that's about 1/3-1/2 as tall as the holder itself. If I recall correctly, the divder is a little bit padded (not sure why)
-It folds flat. This is kind of a con in my opinion just because you almost need the divider in place to help it keep it's square shape
-The thing is smaller than it looks. It can theoretically hold 4 remotes, but you'd have to take the wii gloves off and make sure you don't have any nunchucks on it.
-If you leave the gloves on, you can realistically only fit two remotes in it, and you kind of need to remove the divider or the fit is so tight that it ends up pressing the buttons of the remotes.
-Not bad to hold a single remote and nunchuck. If you don't mind stuffing it, it can hold two remotes and nunchucks.

All in all, it's not bad, just don't expect it to hold a lot. Would be cool to have one for each remote/nunchuck combo, but unless you have 1200 points to waste, you'd probably be better off just buying a 3rd party holder from dealextreme or similar sites.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I got the Game & Watch Collection the other day. I played it for all of five minutes before throwing it on Amazon.

It's worth 500 DSi points. Tops.[/QUOTE]

Since its three games in the collection the DSiWare versions are only overpriced by 33 points each?

Last edited by a moderator:
DS Fossil Fighter (intent to buy survey went up 7/10/09) :D

(does not matter whether you buy it or not, but it gives you the chance to get an extra 10-20 coins if you do buy and reg it)

[quote name='muzras']DS Fossil Fighter (intent to buy survey went up 7/10/09) :D

(does not matter whether you buy it or not, but it gives you the chance to get an extra 10-20 coins if you do buy and reg it)[/QUOTE]

Thank you kind sir! Registered my intent to buy. I actually never even knew this game was coming out.

I know it's supposed to show up by the end of the year. Any chance
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

The platinum and gold rewards have apparently been revealed, according to this NeoGAF post.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16653247&postcount=1987

Elite status rewards are up!!!

The first platinum reward is Doc-Louis's Punch-Out!!(seems like a WiiWare title)
The other platinum reward is a Mario Hat.
The gold reward is a calendar.
It's Little Mac vs. Doc Louis!! Step into Little Mac's shoes and challenge your mentor and coach, Doc Louis, to prove you have what it takes to become the World Video Boxing Association World Champion.

This unique one-on-one bout builds off of the fun and excitement found in the retail version of Punch-Out!!™ for the Wii™ console, and is designed exclusively for 2009 Club Nintendo Platinum Members (USA and Canada) as a free download. This gift will not be available anywhere else!!

ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
(Broadband internet access is required to receive this download to your Wii console.)
(You do NOT need to own the retail version of Punch-Out!! to download this reward.)

Nintendo will send you an email with a link to obtain a game code for this WiiWare game.
Note: This email will be sent to you by November 1, 2009.

EDIT: The user who posted this posted the e-mail image, it's legit:

Yeah, you can redeem your status right now on the Club Nintendo website.

I went for the goofy Mario hat.

[quote name='Estebon']rwl-8ctt-snzv-u9t

h6l-ktby-wltq-a85

k8b-2g49-zx4c-535

VYY-8CXW-P45Q-JGC

No idea which games they are. Forgot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the codes have already been redeemed. And of course, the lurker who used them doesn't have the common sense or courtesy to say thank you.

I guess I am not that much of a Punch Out fan because my choice is clear, Mario Hat FTW!

ah, it IS up on the website and you must select before august 11. The option will not be available after that.

I'm not exactly clear on the first reward... do you have to have the punch out game to take advantage of this? It sounds like it's a standalone download but I'm not sure. In any case, very disappointing rewards for all the games I bought last year!

A little underwhelming, with the Punch-out DLC (stand-alone, or whatever), I mean couldn't we at least get a disk? That would've make it a little more difficult deciding.
But the Mario Hat is still really nice, if it is for sure human and not cat sized!

[quote name='imacjenn']I'm not exactly clear on the first reward... do you have to have the punch out game to take advantage of this? It sounds like it's a standalone download but I'm not sure. [/QUOTE]

It's a standalone WiiWare download title, so Punch-Out!! is not required for it.

Ah, thanks. That's what I thought... but I think I'm gonna have to go with the hat anyway. :) I would have liked the calendar, but it wouldn't let me chose the gold reward since I had platinum status.

[quote name='imacjenn']If the 2010 calendar is in development, I wonder how long it would take to get it?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the calendar, but when I order the hat, it states that it will be delivered by nov 1.

Mario Hat

Mario™ Hat - This is a true-to-life replica of the iconic red hat worn by Mario. Keep it as a collector's item, and display it with pride.

Dimensions: W 8"" 1/2, L 10"" 1/2, H 5"" (measurements are approximate). One size fits all, with elastic strap. Hat may be big for small children. Hat made of polyester and cotton.

Note: Awards will be delivered by November 1, 2009.

I'm a Platinum Elite member and I hopped on the new Punch-Out!! WiiWare game.

The Mario Hat is a noble choice, and it's a club's logo. I wouldn't mind either of those, but if it were a Wario hat, I'd grab that in an instant! \;D/

// Roth

[quote name='chakan']Hat for me. Now to find a mustache.[/QUOTE]

I already own custom-made Mario and Luigi hats. I also have a mustache.

Damn you Nintendo, I want my Super Famicom Classic Controller or at least the bling bling wheel! :bomb:

Speaking of hats, a gigantic Toad hat would be so awesome. Wearing it would feel like having an afro...without the maintenance. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']I already own custom-made Mario and Luigi hats. I also have a mustache.

Damn you Nintendo, I want my Super Famicom Classic Controller or at least the bling bling wheel! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's why I was hoarding my points waiting for next year, hoping for a controller like that. I put in just enough to be gold even though I had enough for platinum, I guess I'll have no choice to settle for the calendar but I guess I learned my lession being a cheap ass with Nntendo club points :lol: I would have loved to have that hat though! Even though it probably just sit in the corner of my room.

[quote name='evergoo']I already own custom-made Mario and Luigi hats. I also have a mustache.

Damn you Nintendo, I want my Super Famicom Classic Controller or at least the bling bling wheel! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's why I was hoarding my points waiting for next year, hoping for a controller like that. I put in just enough to be gold even though I had enough for platinum.

I guess I'll have no choice to settle for the calendar but I guess I learned my lession being a cheap ass with Nntendo club points :lol: I would have loved to have that hat though! Even though it probably just sit in the corner of my room.

Wow, that's... lame... I mean, maybe the hat and the DLC code would have been a nice reward. But I think it's pretty lame to make you choose between those. Guess I'll get the hat as I have no interest in Punch-Out, really, though my kids might like it. Meh...

Mad D - I wish, like you, that I had held some points back for next year (or the year after) after seeing those ;).

Damn it--I really wanted the calendar most but picked the hat first because I thought that as a platinum member you could have both. That is irritating.

If you select the DLC... is it going to magically become available to you because it is the same account synced with the Wii Shop channel... OR is a card going to come in the mail with a special pin number?

How can I get both...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back