Co-op Multi-player Suggestions

navmatt

CAG Veteran
I live in Portland and my little brother is in graduate school in Baltimore, a few months ago we played a ton of Borderlands co-op and it was a great way to keep in touch with each other.

Any suggestions for great co-op multi-player games?

I enjoyed Army of Two, you should be able to find that game and the sequel for a good price. Also, the Left 4 Dead series is fun, and Resident Evil 5 is pretty fun co-op too.

All the Halo games.
Castle Crashers.
Any fighting game.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

(wasn't a fan of RE5, it's very different from what most FPS or 3rd person shooters are used to)

I enjoyed Army of Two with a friend (the first and the second). RE5 is good if you and your partner actually know how to play (you know, heal each other, share ammo / divide guns, not shoot EVERYTHING and melee when you can). Then there's Rockband / Guitar Hero, but those are usually more fun in-house rather than online. Dead Rising 2 wasn't so bad, but it's also not the BEST co-op experience. Tekken 6's online scenario is decently fun if you like Tekken games, but again, not exactly the best co-op game out there.

[quote name='kingcobraSS']umm how did no one say REACH yet?

HALO REACH!!![/QUOTE]

Because Halo/Gears of War games are a given. They're the obvious ones that most people already have.

Saints Row 2 was a lot of fun!!! Surprised me how much coop fun was.
Burnout Paradise
splinter cell conviction has a separate story line ( Wouldn't pay more then $20) But was fun
Gears of war, both
Army of Two
Resident Evil 5
Halo
Fable 3

I really loved playing Gears of War and Gears of War 2 co-op. The Halo games are pretty good as well obviously. Castle Crashers isn't bad.

The first Crackdown is pretty fun and you can probably find it for under $15 easily.

Also, you should check out some of the online MP indie games as they cost 400 MSP or less, ZP2K9 and Abaddon are highly recommend.

grab the undead stand-alone disc of Red Dead - you can play the full multiplayer game online for only $20 at BBY and Amazon right now.... great deal.

Schizoid - "The most co-op game ever!" It's on XBLA. It plays like Geometry Wars (minus the whole shooting thing). While it's rather simple it is a hell of a lot of fun IMO.

Not to hijack the thread, but along the same lines, is there 3rd person local multiplayer coop games that are any good because two of my cousins get sick playing FPS. after 30min they feel dizzy or feel like they are going to puke

The Gears games are my favorite co-op ones for sure (and are in 3rd person). Halo 3 and Reach are fun as well. As was Resident Evil 5.

The Spec Ops co-op mode in Modern Warefare 2 was good as well.

Also a lot of fun co-op XBLA games out there like Castle Crashers etc.

bread's done
Back