Cocksmas 2010 *Contest Over! Vote in the Quality Thread!*

[quote name='Interfeci']I present you with Sackboy.[/QUOTE]

Good job Interfeci, if you'd like to use it, I've added snow to yours...

sackani.gif

[quote name='antlp89']It's ok man, thank you for trying.[/QUOTE]

Fear not, it CAN be done...

linkani2.gif

Interesting enough, there was an odd side effect on my first attempt.. would make some of us that were actually around in the NES kind of chuckle if it was executed on purpose and in not such an annoying way.. it looks like some kind of a natural glitch

linkani.gif

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']What program are you all using to edit the photos ? because I am using windows paint and it leaves it all scratchy looking and stuff.[/QUOTE]

CK is using PhotoShop, I believe. If you don't have a license or access to one, it's hella $$ to legally own. I started with Paint, tried Paint.net and settled on GIMP (it's free) as my editing program and then UnFreez 2.1 to animate the gif.

As CK said (in many many more words) you basically want to use as few colors as possible to stay under the 20.5kb limit once it's animated. If you make something in .gif format and it's under 2.55kb, I can add the snow for you. If you want me to make a mini-tutorial, I can do so once I'm more sober tomorrow...

Here's yours animated grey and black (the all black is hard to see on my monitor)...

ikcbani.gif
ikcbani2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Can someone make me an avatar of everything that has ever existed and will exist?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Unpossible

[quote name='QiG']CK is using PhotoShop, I believe. If you don't have a license or access to one, it's hella $$ to legally own. I started with Paint, tried Paint.net and settled on GIMP (it's free) as my editing program and then UnFreez 2.1 to animate the gif.

As CK said (in many many more words) you basically want to use as few colors as possible to stay under the 20.5kb limit once it's animated. If you make something in .gif format and it's under 2.55kb, I can add the snow for you. If you want me to make a mini-tutorial, I can do so once I'm more sober tomorrow...

Here's yours animated grey and black (the all black is hard to see on my monitor)...

ikcbani.gif
ikcbani2.gif
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='QiG']Fear not, it CAN be done...

linkani2.gif

Interesting enough, there was an odd side effect on my first attempt.. would make some of us that were actually around in the NES kind of chuckle if it was executed on purpose and in not such an annoying way.. it looks like some kind of a natural glitch

linkani.gif
[/QUOTE]

DUDE. Awesome job man!! :applause::applause::applause:

Lol I know exactly what you mean about the nes glitch. Brings me back to those days playing SMB, blowing into the cartridge to try and get the game to work haha.

well well well this is a pleasant surprise. nice work on the snow as well, i see you found a way to keep the flakes solid and still use gimp?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']What program are you all using to edit the photos ? because I am using windows paint and it leaves it all scratchy looking and stuff.[/QUOTE]
i just use paint and then throw the image into my .psd of the snowing animation in photoshop. the base image, however, gets done in paint so you should be good. what do you mean all scratchy?

[quote name='crystalklear64']well well well this is a pleasant surprise. nice work on the snow as well, i see you found a way to keep the flakes solid and still use gimp?

i just use paint and then throw the image into my .psd of the snowing animation in photoshop. the base image, however, gets done in paint so you should be good. what do you mean all scratchy?[/QUOTE]

He must be having the same issue I had when working with paint where it would artifact like a MOFO and look like someone puked all the colors up after it's been saved. I'm kind of curious what version of windows he's using, I'm on 7 and the second you save it as a .gif it converts it to look like shit.. Here's the same picture saved as a .gif in paint and the original is on the right...

paintpuke.png

THAT said... if you're gonna use paint, I recommend saving it as a .png file either way and it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to animate after the fact.

Thanks again CK, your mini-lecture helped out big time and I went back and cleaned up all my previous paint puked .gifs and saw how much work it is on each image to undo all that mess. Getting the animation down was really eating at me too so I grinded it out until I found a way to make it work. What I ended up doing was making an eight layer image of just the snow fall so I could make sure everything lined up and then I saved each layer as its own gif file. GIMP has the ability to animate but I really didn't feel like figuring it out since using unFreeZ does the job and this whole process takes about 1 minute start to finish anyway. So I take the base image and open all 8 snowfall gifs as layers at once.. make the base image visible and one of the snowfall layers visible and then saving the image and checking off "flatten visible layers" when prompted, then I hide snowfall gif 1 and unhide snowfall gif 2 and repeat the saving process. I played with the different paint brush tips until I found one that didn't produce that transparency or "airbrush" like effect where it fades at the edges and I think it ended up being the pencil tool with fuzzy circle tip.

I tried to 'cheat' and see if I could pull the snow fall out of an animated gif you already did to stay consistent but it would have been more work than it was worth. I think I saw 12 frames in your animation and I envy your patience with the time it must have originally taken as doing 8 frames of 15 snow flakes was a PITA in itself.

I was hoping to get more done and I'll try this week. As much as I like Kronenbourg, there's only so much french beer and penis decorating I can do in one weekend before I should probably start questioning my decision making...

[quote name='QiG']No one asked for it, and Cheapy probably wouldn't use it, but in honor of our sites founder:
cheapani.gif
[/QUOTE]
Needs to be smaller

So I spent a couple of hours on my birthday (the 23rd) drawing a contribution for this thread because
1. I think it is a wonderful idea
2. I want steam games ;_; the economy will make people do the craziest things nowadays~
It's far too late for me to shoot for the quantity award, but I tried for quality! I could have probably used more colors to make it prettier, but I wanted to err on the safe side. I don't know how to do the snowy thing, though.

Was I the only one that thought "those could be tits" when I saw the balls?
cocksmas-j.png
cockmas.png
cockmas-b.png

1. Final version
2. "The Compromise" - to retain some of the "this is a cock, you guys" look
3. Frosted Balls version

[quote name='Reibear']So I spent a couple of hours on my birthday (the 23rd) drawing a contribution for this thread because
1. I think it is a wonderful idea
2. I want steam games ;_; the economy will make people do the craziest things nowadays~
It's far too late for me to shoot for the quantity award, but I tried for quality! I could have probably used more colors to make it prettier, but I wanted to err on the safe side. I don't know how to do the snowy thing, though.

Was I the only one that thought "those could be tits" when I saw the balls?
cocksmas-j.png
cockmas.png
cockmas-b.png

1. Final version
2. "The Compromise" - to retain some of the "this is a cock, you guys" look
3. Frosted Balls version[/QUOTE]

Oh shit. That's really good.

Nice job man.

[quote name='slickkill77']Still have mine from last year...[/QUOTE]
Wow! Yours is pretty cool!

antlp89: thanks :3 also I really like your sig, heheh

bread's done