Coconuts Deals

Esoul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
This is similar to the FYE GC deal, buy $50, get $10 or buy $30 get $5.
I bought 3 $50 giftcards and got 3 $10 gift cards.

This is a good deal to go along with the Gameboy Advance SP MIR. They have them for $59.99 after MIR with the purchase of 2 games 19.99 or over.
They have pictured the Platinum system only, so it might not work for the other colors/retro. (79.99-20.00 MIR)

Also noticed that Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are both 24.99 after rebate. (39.99-15.00 MIR)

So does FYE also have the same rebate???
I wouldnt mind paying $50 in the end for the GBA SP then it would be convincing to the wife

They should. FYE is a TransWorld company as well as Wherehouse, Coconuts and Strawberry stores. However, there have been chain specific deals in the past. I'd call. Since my closest FWEC store (Wherehouse) is 25 miles away, I always call them on deals like this to make sure it's offered before I drive out there.

Look on the rebate form. It if it just says you need your Transword store receipt then it will work at any store. I have seen them distribute different rebates in different stores.....IE one time one store had GBA SP 69.99 after $30 rebate and another transworld store had the same thing but you had to buy a game. I know someone who bought it at one store and used the better rebate from the other store and got the rebate no problem.

[quote name='jshorr']Look on the rebate form. It if it just says you need your Transword store receipt then it will work at any store. I have seen them distribute different rebates in different stores.....IE one time one store had GBA SP 69.99 after $30 rebate and another transworld store had the same thing but you had to buy a game. I know someone who bought it at one store and used the better rebate from the other store and got the rebate no problem.[/quote]

That was an odd one. I can clarify. At the time, there were two $30 rebates floating around that overlapped one another. One had a requirement (as mentioned above) to buy a $15 game in order to qualify for the $30 rebate. The other rebate didn't. I bought an SP and the CSR handed me the one with the $15 game and I told him that there should have been one with no game requirement. He shuffled around, couldn't find it then asked his mgr. His manager was aware of the other one but apparently, they were out of the rebate forms. So the mgr went back and found the rebate form in the computer and printed the correct form. I'm still waiting for the rebate but it has been verified via email and I'm just waiting for the check.

[quote name='BackInBlack']When does this deal end?[/quote]

I'm going to jump on this deal today so I'll check back and post all of the details, price calculations, etc. Probably post after lunch sometime.

UPDATE:
It was a no go. The store manager wouldn't allow a same day transaction using GCs to purchase merchandise. Apparently, corporate sent out emails this week telling this store (probably others too) to not accept these types of transactions. They just lost some business.

If your Transworld chain accepts the same day transactions, you should be able to get a GBA SP, both Pokemon GL and FR for about $100 AR/GCs. There is a $20 MIR on the GBA w/purchase of 2 games at $19.99+ plus $15 MIRs on both Pokemon games.

As a substitute, I will be going after the Pokemon games at BB w/GGCs (~$20) and wait for GBA to go on sale for about $60 (current sales at $70 at Fry's). I don't need the GBA now.

Does FYE store credit work in Coconuts and vice/versa? Does Coconuts take trade-ins? The Coconuts near me is much MUCH closer then the FYE, so this would be great...

[quote name='WildWop']Does FYE store credit work in Coconuts and vice/versa? Does Coconuts take trade-ins? The Coconuts near me is much MUCH closer then the FYE, so this would be great...[/quote]

They do take each other credits, I'm not sure about trade in values. I only have one FYE and CDWherehouse and their trade in values are different for whatever f.ing reason. Strider Turbulence knows for sure.

FYE Thread:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12968

bread's done
Back