cod 4 + cod3 bs at circuit city

romaniandudeisbk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
ahh I'm so mad. So I go to circuit city today to buy cod4 and get cod3 (part of their great deal advertised in their ads supposely). Find out that there is no call of duty 3s in stock and they never had any to begin with obviously. Cod 4 was there but I wasn't going to buy it for 60$ by it self. I get home and go on the website and they don't have cod3 either in stock which is pure bs. I have another cc store close by but I doubt they have any cod3 either. Pisses you off, they just want you to come to the store. Now I got to await a good deal for cod4 or maybe I'll forget it and get mass effect.
if anyone knows of good deals or something please do say.

Sorry, but that happens, especially at CC it seems.

This is in the wrong forum, though.

I feel for you op, but you should've posted this in the deal discussions thread instead of the video game deals. Best of luck in finding it before the week ends! :)

edit: n/m. mods were quick with this one hehe.

[quote name='romaniandudeisbk']ahh I'm so mad. So I go to circuit city today to buy cod4 and get cod3 (part of their great deal advertised in their ads supposely). Find out that there is no call of duty 3s in stock and they never had any to begin with obviously. Cod 4 was there but I wasn't going to buy it for 60$ by it self. I get home and go on the website and they don't have cod3 either in stock which is pure bs. I have another cc store close by but I doubt they have any cod3 either. Pisses you off, they just want you to come to the store. Now I got to await a good deal for cod4 or maybe I'll forget it and get mass effect.
if anyone knows of good deals or something please do say.[/quote]
try calling them first and see if they have it available

[quote name='YoUnGKiLlAh']try calling them first and see if they have it available[/quote]
yeah they said they couldn't check it on their computers or something. pftt.
i'll try this friday/saturday.

I called and the employee said they had both in stock. When I got there they were sold out of COD 3 (or they never had any in the first place). He then asked if I would like the buy just Call of Duty 4. No way I was paying full price.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I called and the employee said they had both in stock. When I got there they were sold out of COD 3 (or they never had any in the first place). He then asked if I would like the buy just Call of Duty 4. No way I was paying full price.[/quote]

Does CC offer rainchecks? Maybe you can try that route. Also, somebody had success pm the deal to BB (ymmv of course). :lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Does CC offer rainchecks? Maybe you can try that route. Also, somebody had success pm the deal to BB (ymmv of course). :lol:[/quote]

I don't know about rainchecks, but I am going to try PMing the deal elsewhere.

When they had the "buy Halo 2 pc get shadowrun pc for free" sale, they were out of shadowrun so I got a raincheck to get it when they got some in.

I'll try to match the price at best buy because I've read that others did... no rainchecks given at cc, and i doubt they'll be getting anymore cod3s because I asked them

I also feel this is a bait and switch. I think they pulled all copies of CoD3 and hid them behind the counter. When someone with their copy of CoD4 goes up to the counter and asks for 3 the employee says its sold out, then proceeds to ask if you still wanna buy the game. I fn said no and walked out. Sadly at another CC in town a guy in front of me fell for the trap and bought the game for $60 without CoD3.

thats why u buy cod3 early to avoid this "B-S" tactic like I did. I bought COD3 Gold on Monday. Worse case scenario would be a return/refund

I went to the CC near me when they opened. Was planning to get it there, but they havent received CoD4 in yet. I bought CoD3 Gold Edition (they only had 3, plus a regular CoD3). Ended up going to BestBuy to see if they would pricematch and they did. Then I returned the CoD3 Gold Edition I bought at CC.

They took $15 off each game. Debating whether I want to keep CoD3.

same thing happened to me months ago when i got Guitar Hero 2 at CC. They advertised a free 1600 pt card with purchase, and of course had none in stock. I was written a raincheck and got called a month later to come pick it up for free.

It makes sense for them, gets the customer in the store twice. Of course there is that pesky lying to the customer thing...

Same story here.. clerk and manager at my CC both told me they had no copies of COD3, also no copies of VF5 @ 39.99 either (thank you amazon for matching the ad though!)

i'm gonna check next week and see if they magically "find" some copies

did u seriously not buy the game? Buy the game because..its a good game. getting call of duty 3 free is nice but i mean cmon, that shouldnt be the deal breaker for u. if you were already there, you should have just picked up cod and had fun playing, rather than come onto this thread and bitch about how shitty cc is (which i agree with u)

they gave me a raincheck at my CC

doubtful COD3 is gonna get much play, but at least it's a different theme then 4

My store had 7 copies of CoD3 Tuesday. They were all sold out in less than 20 minutes. This was an incredible deal and no one should be surprised that theyr'e selling out. CC did print "While supplies last" in the ad so they covered their backs on that part. It's ridiculous for people to expect them to have a couple of dozen games in stock that are just going to be given away for free. Personally, I think was a bad promo for CC to run. Nothing was gained from it. The purpose of promos like these is to drive traffic in the store in the hopes of getting some add-on sales. I rang up about 20 different customers for this game and only 3 bought any additional products besides the games. Poor planning on CC's part and a lot of whining by people who don't understand how and why these things are set up.

Thankfully I live in a town where there is not a lot of Gamers and was able to walk in and get COD4 and COD3. Granted I hid one, but there were still two on the shelf.

However, I do remember in the Charlottesvile Circuit City during the Dragon Quest VIII 9.99 deal there were none on the shelf. So knowing a resourceful person probably hid a copy, I looked through all the games and found two Dragon Quest VIII's hidden behind Y's Ark of Napitshtim or whatever that game was...

I drove to two CCs and a Best Buy (to price match) on Tuesday around 4pm. No one had any COD3s. I went to Walmart that night and no COD4.

Last night I went to Walmart hoping they got it in and sure enough they did, and they still had COD3. I asked the guy helping me if they'd price match a CC ad, which I showed them. He went up to a higher up ("Asset Protection Dept") standing near the electronics register and asked about the deal. Then the clerk called "Assistant Manager Larry" who told them over the phone that while they couldn't give me COD3 free, they could give me each of the two games for half off. I of course said "sure!!"

That's when the Asset Protection guy said "wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense." He called Asst Mgr Larry back up to explain to him the economics of his proposed offer. Asset Protection then called the store manager up to check on what they could actually do.

Asset Protection explained to me that since this was a "gimmick ad" where CC is offering free merchanidise in limited quantity to get you to buy something else, and not offering a discounted price, Walmart wouldn't match it.

BUT! Since I had to sit there "inconvenienced" while this whole exchange took place and since Asst. Mgr. Larry had quoted me 1/2 COD4, he could give me COD4 at half price, but not COD3. To me that was an even better deal than Asst Mgr Larry's.

Then when another manager came up to override the system to give me the deal, he inexplicably took another $3 off the price.

Very happy with COD4 at $27. Thank you Asst Mgr Larry.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']getting call of duty 3 free is nice but i mean cmon, that shouldnt be the deal breaker for u. if you were already there, you should have just picked up cod [/quote]

I'm sure CC would have love to put this quote in their circular. :lol:

The local CC had COD3 in stock in the AM on Tuesday.. By the afternoon they were gone. The clerk said they did not receive any COD3's. He told me to bring the receipt in and pick it up in the future. Of course the acting manager today so no they will not do that. I really hate CC!!

[quote name='neocisco']My store had 7 copies of CoD3 Tuesday. They were all sold out in less than 20 minutes. This was an incredible deal and no one should be surprised that theyr'e selling out. CC did print "While supplies last" in the ad so they covered their backs on that part. It's ridiculous for people to expect them to have a couple of dozen games in stock that are just going to be given away for free. Personally, I think was a bad promo for CC to run. Nothing was gained from it. The purpose of promos like these is to drive traffic in the store in the hopes of getting some add-on sales. I rang up about 20 different customers for this game and only 3 bought any additional products besides the games. Poor planning on CC's part and a lot of whining by people who don't understand how and why these things are set up.[/quote]Anytime they run these promos, it's bad for business. I know in that situation, I'm not making any extra purchases while I'm there.

The real issue with it is the moron in CC corporate who can't figure out how to program these deals correctly. The whole "COD4 + COD3 for $30" scenario is just another in a long-string of fuckups they've done with these types of deals.

Especially when they set it up to ring out the free game for $0.01 or $0.00 and the main game at full price. Doesn't stop you from returning the main game and keeping the free one, such as they did with Shadowrun and Halo 2. If they did it like Target does, and deduct the full cost of the "free" item from the bundle item, they wouldn't have these issues. Looks like they tried it with the mess on Monday and the damn computer did it twice.

I wrote Circuit city a nice long fax about my intentions towards not once, but twice wasting my time over get a game free promotions. I tried to get project 8 free with proving ground and they never had project 8. same with call of duty 3. I will be contacting my attorney general and the BBB over this "issue."

I'm even willing to go as far as file a class action lawsuit against circuit city over this ordeal. I will only do this in an attempt knowing other cags would be with me in the lawsuit. This would be to cover what we were promised as well as pork them in the ass for what they did to speedy.

IF YOU CANT FULFILL YOUR OWN AD, DONT FRIGGIN POST IT.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I'm even willing to go as far as file a class action lawsuit against circuit city over this ordeal. I will only do this in an attempt knowing other cags would be with me in the lawsuit. This would be to cover what we were promised as well as pork them in the ass for what they did to speedy.

IF YOU CANT FULFILL YOUR OWN AD, DONT FRIGGIN POST IT.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I'm sorry dude but you do realize that yes stores DO run out of ad items. Yes it sucks that you didn't get in on the deal but you know what - we all will still live with or without that free copy of "Call Of Duty 3."

And trust me.... any lawyer that would take such a case like this is not worthy of being a lawyer to begin with. Especially since the ad does state...

[quote name='Circuit City Ad']While Supplies Last.[/quote]

That there kills any "class action lawsuit."

I will however in turn say that yes CC could of done a better job at having copies of COD3 in stock for this sale. What good does it do to send a flood of COD4 but only have a few COD3's for the sale? I certainly will not argue on that at all.

[quote name='shrike4242']Anytime they run these promos, it's bad for business. I know in that situation, I'm not making any extra purchases while I'm there.

The real issue with it is the moron in CC corporate who can't figure out how to program these deals correctly. The whole "COD4 + COD3 for $30" scenario is just another in a long-string of fuckups they've done with these types of deals.

Especially when they set it up to ring out the free game for $0.01 or $0.00 and the main game at full price. Doesn't stop you from returning the main game and keeping the free one, such as they did with Shadowrun and Halo 2. If they did it like Target does, and deduct the full cost of the "free" item from the bundle item, they wouldn't have these issues. Looks like they tried it with the mess on Monday and the damn computer did it twice.[/quote]

We're definitely in agreement on this. You're lucky that you don't have to deal with all of the mistakes corporate makes. BTW, I enjoy the new sig.:lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

I'm sorry dude but you do realize that yes stores DO run out of ad items. Yes it sucks that you didn't get in on the deal but you know what - we all will still live with or without that free copy of "Call Of Duty 3."

And trust me.... any lawyer that would take such a case like this is not worthy of being a lawyer to begin with. Especially since the ad does state...

That there kills any "class action lawsuit."

I will however in turn say that yes CC could of done a better job at having copies of COD3 in stock for this sale. What good does it do to send a flood of COD4 but only have a few COD3's for the sale? I certainly will not argue on that at all.[/QUOTE]

It says "While Supplies Last" for the poster that comes with the game purchase, not the game. I don't care what bull crap circuit city tries pulling, I'm going to do whatever it takes to cause them crap for the time they wasted with me, and especially for the crap they have done to this entire community the last year.

When I went to price match at bb, i went to cc just for sheots and giggles to see what they had.

They had 2 cod3 little sign things, and 2 cod4 sign thingies.

All were empty.. they had over 30 cod2 ...

lmao.. gg cc.. thank god for BB pm.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']It says "While Supplies Last" for the poster that comes with the game purchase, not the game. I don't care what bull crap circuit city tries pulling, I'm going to do whatever it takes to cause them crap for the time they wasted with me, and especially for the crap they have done to this entire community the last year.[/QUOTE]

[media]http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/circuitcitycod4.bmp[/media]

Let's see here....

"Buy Call Of Duty 4 & get Call Of Duty 3 free plus free Call of Dity poster while supplies last."

I don't know but reading that I would assuming myself that the "while supplies last" applies to both the poster and free game.

Good luck with your cause tho. I suspect you won't get much out of it but hey... all the power to you. And such and such.

I picked up COD 4 this evening at the Circuit City in Blaine, MN and the manager told me they would be getting some COD3 next week and I could just bring in the ad and my receipt to get the game free. I made sure to get his name. I had a gift card so I went ahead and bought it, now I hope they'll price match the Target Black Friday ad down to $48.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']When I asked if my CC would write me a raincheck for not having CoD3, they told me that CC doesn't write rainchecks to anyone.

[quote name='neocisco']Non-existant if they're rude.[/QUOTE]

Naw... they'll just demand for a manager.

Neo... notice that blinking *New Private Message* up above* hint hint

When I went in to my local CC, Modesto, CA, I was told to put my name and address on a list and they would mail me a copy of COD3. I got a call later that same evening and was told by a CC employee that the COD3 can no longer be ordered and they would be willing to let me pick any game in the store for 50% off. I asked to make sure it would apply to ANY game, including Guitar Hero 3, which she replied YES. All I have to do is take my reciept in showing I purchased COD4. At least at my CC I am very pleased with the way we were treated.

I was lucky enough to get there right away, they only had 2 copies of COD3 left when I got there (at around 1:30 PM on Tuesday) and about 2 minutes later, another guy plucked up the other one.

[quote name='neocisco']As a policy they don't. Most non-software (i.e., media) items can be special-ordered so the item can still be purchased for the sale price. On a case-by-case basis, depending on the circumstances, I'll sometimes allow a customer to come back with an ad that I've marked to get a sale price but that's fairly rare. Non-existant if they're rude.[/quote]

Yeah the thing is that I would be less irritated if Circuit City handled this sale with uniform policy. Instead, other CAGs are getting 50% off different games and/or rainchecks.

I was extremely polite to the lady when I inquired about CoD. She just tried to sell me CoD4 instead. Oh well.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Yeah the thing is that I would be less irritated if Circuit City handled this sale with uniform policy. Instead, other CAGs are getting 50% off different games and/or rainchecks.

I was extremely polite to the lady when I inquired about CoD. She just tried to sell me CoD4 instead. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Maybe i need to run in and kick over there magazine racks and burn all their Cell phone boothes to get some real attention instead of the standard customer serivce "we cant do anything" horsecrap.

[quote name='Demolition Man']http://consumerist.com/consumer/happy-endings/update-circuit-city-apologizes-for-not-honoring-call-of-duty-advertisement-320638.php

Thought I'd pass this along.[/quote]

Thanks Demo Man. I used your link to obtain email addys for corporate. I used all of them and sent a email out at 9:30am today. I explain what happen to me and others. I remined them of their history of doing this stuff. Also, I mentioned that a Best Buy opened within a mile of their store.
Around noon my cell rang and it was a weird number. The guy on the line was one of those I emailed. He apologized for what happen. The local store had COD3 in their inventory and they may have lost them. He is overnighting my COD3, a Gamer Club card and some other free games and stuff. I do not know what I will get. But I will post what I received.

With all the cc hate going around I have noticed that most cc's are good at special ordering things they are out of that are on sale even though they don't have to (bb never does this for me). If something is out of stock, always check with the service desk, I don't remember every being turned down (even on the b1g1 free 1600 point cards deal).
T

ha look at the nice email i recieved today. i sent them to notify me if they got cod3 in stock and o boy did they.

Dear Valued Customer,

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for your interest in circuitcity.com product(s). We wanted to let you know the item you requested is now back in stock. If you are ordering more than one of the same item and were alerted that the item is out of stock, you may want to request a smaller quantity. There may be inventory available to buy but just not enough to satisfy your request. Please note: High-demand items tend to sell very quickly and we suggest visiting circuitcity.com as soon as possible to complete your purchase. We do not guarantee previous sale prices. [/FONT]

Of course after its all said and gone they send the email.

Well I got my free stuff today.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

bread's done
Back