COD: Black Ops (360/PS3) [used] for $41.99 shipped @gamestop.com

TallGuyMe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
433 (100%)
this might be posted somewhere already, buried in some other thread, but I thought it deserved its own, as many of us have gamestop GC's lying around from e-rewards making this a sweet deal.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:TitleKeyword|cod+bo|1|

after CAG16 and SAVER.

I managed to snag the PS3 version this morning (finally came into stock) for a little over $20 with my free $25 erewards GC. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xplocvo']When you say erewards, do you mean PowerUp Rewards? I have been using www.e-rewards.com for a couple years now and don't ever remember seeing Gamestop as a reward choice.[/QUOTE]

I've been a member for years, and gamestop has always been an option for me.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']I've been a member for years, and gamestop has always been an option for me.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? I guess they have different rewards for different people, that sucks. The only worthwhile choice I have is Borders, and I can only get one of those every year...

But back on topic, I'm considering picking this up even though I have it on PC already. Most of my friends play on XBOX. Also looks like EDGE is still stacking for me, which brings it to $37.79 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xplocvo']What the hell? I guess they have different rewards for different people, that sucks. The only worthwhile choice I have is Borders, and I can only get one of those every year...

But back on topic, I'm considering picking this up even though I have it on PC already. Most of my friends play on XBOX. Also looks like EDGE is still stacking for me, which brings it to $37.79 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I'd go back and double-check around the site. I've been using e-rewards for a couple years now too and Gamestop has ALWAYS been an option. In fact I got the invite to e-rewards in a Gamestop email...

It's $50 worth of points for a $25 gift card so check the $50 level.

[quote name='JKSonic']Ummm, I'd go back and double-check around the site. I've been using e-rewards for a couple years now too and Gamestop has ALWAYS been an option. In fact I got the invite to e-rewards in a Gamestop email...

It's $50 worth of points for a $25 gift card so check the $50 level.[/QUOTE]

Nope, nowhere to be found on mine, at any level. I think I'll email them and ask what's up, that would be very nice to have.

[quote name='karkyco']Not bad at all...especially since it's still $55 in store, and how notoriously sticky the COD game prices are.[/QUOTE]

Actually for the last few years I've seen "new" copies of the COD games go on sale for around $34-39.99 right before Christmas. Though that's still a month away from now, if the pattern continues again then I wouldn't be surprised to see this one on sale next month at the other major retailers as well.

[quote name='xplocvo']Thank you for your interest in this Reward.
Unfortunately, there are no GameStop offers available at this time.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats weird, I also got my invite through Gamestop. Thats only reason I joined.

[quote name='Rozz']Actually for the last few years I've seen "new" copies of the COD games go on sale for around $34-39.99 right before Christmas. Though that's still a month away from now, if the pattern continues again then I wouldn't be surprised to see this one on sale next month at the other major retailers as well.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I'll wait for a brand new copy to be $40 or less in a couple of weeks.

One of the early December ads will definitely have something. I'm not sure why anyone would post a "deal" that is just a used game with CAG16 and Saver. Do you even need saver anymore? Really, this is CAG and no one should need to be told about this "deal".

Got a 360 black ops through gohastings as part of the buy 2 get 1 for a $1 deal a week ago. So I got Castlevania: LOS(PS3), COD: Black Ops(360), and Rock band 3(360) all used for a total of $104 or $34 each. Just something to let other CAG'ers in on that may be on the fence on this deal. Already received both Castlevania and Black Ops and both have no marks on the discs whatsover and both had the actual case and manuals inside. You might just have to wait if COD:BO is out of stock or not.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Exactly, I'll wait for a brand new copy to be $40 or less in a couple of weeks.

One of the early December ads will definitely have something. I'm not sure why anyone would post a "deal" that is just a used game with CAG16 and Saver. Do you even need saver anymore? Really, this is CAG and no one should need to be told about this "deal".[/QUOTE]

Well Ryouko appreciated it, you dick.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Exactly, I'll wait for a brand new copy to be $40 or less in a couple of weeks.

One of the early December ads will definitely have something. I'm not sure why anyone would post a "deal" that is just a used game with CAG16 and Saver. Do you even need saver anymore? Really, this is CAG and no one should need to be told about this "deal".[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Why don't we just make a thread for every used game, this works on all of them...

[quote name='xplocvo']Nope, nowhere to be found on mine, at any level. I think I'll email them and ask what's up, that would be very nice to have.[/QUOTE]
You need to be invited from Gamestop in order to have the GS redemption option. You can usually get an invite by just joining their mailing list. The account you are using will not work - contacting customer service won't do much. My advice would be to redeem as many points as you can and then shut down that account and start a new one under the Gamestop link.

My wife had that exact problem (she signed up from Pizza Hut). She started a new account under Gamestop and has gotten a gift card already.

I found it helpful. Thanks to OP, please ignore the dicks.

oh wow BLOPS!! I'm totally loving this game, can't believe I thought it would suck..I didn't want to go back to another 'period piece' game, but the Single player is 5x better than MW2. And I haven't got pwned too much when I dabble in MP Team DM's..that is all.

I think I may wait for the game to hit $20 in a couple months. Once you get over the hype you realize it is the same thing as the others and should just get the first Modern Warfare for $10

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I think I may wait for the game to hit $20 in a couple months. Once you get over the hype you realize it is the same thing as the others and should just get the first Modern Warfare for $10[/QUOTE]
$20 within a couple months?? keep dreaming. MW1 for $10, ok dude spill it, where are you finding these fantasitc deals?? :roll:

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I think I may wait for the game to hit $20 in a couple months. Once you get over the hype you realize it is the same thing as the others and should just get the first Modern Warfare for $10[/QUOTE]

It's funny for COD BO when you look at Metacritic and all the paid off reviewers give it a 89 average and the users give it a 5.6. Now where the hell is the BBC2 Vietnam pack?

[quote name='aj slick']It's funny for COD BO when you look at Metacritic and all the paid off reviewers give it a 89 average and the users give it a 5.6. Now where the hell is the BBC2 Vietnam pack?[/QUOTE]

umm, this isn't radio circa 1950's. I don't think reviewing outlets get payola for anything. Take Shipwreck for example, if he got the slightest bit paid off for any type of review, I'm sure he would get something better than a Huyandai. You never hear anyone on a Joystiq podcast complaining how their 'bling' is weighing them down, or where they're going to fly to for the weekend for a mini vacation..

[quote name='Brother Daz']$20 within a couple months?? keep dreaming. MW1 for $10, ok dude spill it, where are you finding these fantasitc deals?? :roll:[/QUOTE]
:lol:
Well, you can get COD4: MW for $10 used on Amazon or about $15 used from Gamestop. $20 will take a while though for Black Ops

Marketing sells. Almost everyone on my friends list was playing blops in the first week. Now it has dropped off dramatically, with everyone going back to MW2, Reach, or F:NV.

What really surprised me was that I saw used copies of this game for sale at my local Gamestop on the week that it came out. Makes me wary about getting this game...

[quote name='CaseX']What really surprised me was that I saw used copies of this game for sale at my local Gamestop on the week that it came out. Makes me wary about getting this game...[/QUOTE]

usually that is attributed to copies that 'fall off the back of a truck' I worked at GS when they took DVD's, sure enough, every Tuesday cracked out people would come in w/ that days releases, sometimes still in the shrink wrap..

but really no surprise, some people will never touch MP, go thru the campaign and then be done with it. I saw some Medal of Honors within 3 days after release at GS..

The main problem is the fact multiplayer is still broken. Hit detection, matchmaking, etc. I'm not surprised that this is Used yet

Did anyone else get an order verficiation e-mail after ordering? I bought the 360 version earlier today using CAG16, SAVER, and my Edge card. My bank account already shows the charge too. I'm guessing it might be due to stock issues since the payment went through.

[quote name='token2k6']umm, this isn't radio circa 1950's. I don't think reviewing outlets get payola for anything. Take Shipwreck for example, if he got the slightest bit paid off for any type of review, I'm sure he would get something better than a Huyandai. You never hear anyone on a Joystiq podcast complaining how their 'bling' is weighing them down, or where they're going to fly to for the weekend for a mini vacation..[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Remember the whole Gamespot Kane and Lynch fiasco from 2007? If not then it was speculated that an editor from there got fired after giving Kane and Lynch a negative review (in the 4.0's.) Shortly after he got fired it was re-reviewed with a higher score. Coincidentally Eidos also has tons of ads for the game on the site at the time and were reportedly upset about the original review. :roll: Ubisoft also refused to send EGM reviewable games after they gave the first Assasins Creed lower than average marks. The "professional" reviewers aren't quite as honest as you think.

[quote name='Rozz']I wouldn't be so sure about that. Remember the whole Gamespot Kane and Lynch fiasco from 2007? If not then it was speculated that an editor from there got fired after giving Kane and Lynch a negative review (in the 4.0's.) Shortly after he got fired it was re-reviewed with a higher score. Coincidentally Eidos also has tons of ads for the game on the site at the time and were reportedly upset about the original review. :roll: Ubisoft also refused to send EGM reviewable games after they gave the first Assasins Creed lower than average marks. The "professional" reviewers aren't quite as honest as you think.[/QUOTE]
All those websites that people review games on are sponsored by the game companies. If you give those companies' games a low rating then they will stop paying advertising on the site.

There is plenty of pressure put on these reviewers to give games higher scores.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']All those websites that people review games on are sponsored by the game companies. If you give those companies' games a low rating then they will stop paying advertising on the site.

There is plenty of pressure put on these reviewers to give games higher scores.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure there were a ton of reviewers that wanted to give the game 0,1,2 or 3's just like the metacritic users.

"The graphics look like a N64 game.", "The game is totally abysmal when compared to such titles as crysis and mafia ii."," single player sucks, Multiplayer sucks, graphics sucks, Treyarch sucks", ". It's as if Treyarch took everything that Infinity Ward put in MW2 that sucked, had it give birth, then tried an abortion and it managed to survive. It's a hideously ugly and deformed baby with things that make the multiplayer unbearable."

[quote name='jkanownik']Yes, I'm sure there were a ton of reviewers that wanted to give the game 0,1,2 or 3's just like the metacritic users.

"The graphics look like a N64 game.", "The game is totally abysmal when compared to such titles as crysis and mafia ii."," single player sucks, Multiplayer sucks, graphics sucks, Treyarch sucks", ". It's as if Treyarch took everything that Infinity Ward put in MW2 that sucked, had it give birth, then tried an abortion and it managed to survive. It's a hideously ugly and deformed baby with things that make the multiplayer unbearable."[/QUOTE]
Who are you quoting? Not me. I never said it would be rated a 0 you twit. Someone posted me saying how by users it was rated about 5.5 which is probably more like it than a 9.

360 version is back in stock as of this posting.

I have no interest in it other than trade fodder, so someone better scoff it up before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the heads up. I find that you can find new releases within a week or two of release used at Gamestop. Use CAG16, SAVER, and EDGE and you basically get 25% off without waiting too long.

I ended up biting on it, since there's not much else that I want other than NBA Jam, but I'll wait for a price drop on that.

Can't go wrong considering it only cost me $8.97 out of pocket. Hooray for GS credit burning a hole in my pocket.

This game needs a MUTE ALL AT ONCE option, MW 2 had this but they took it out in black ops. It's annoying having to mute every random player 1 by 1

[quote name='thexfactor9']Thanks for the heads up. I find that you can find new releases within a week or two of release used at Gamestop. Use CAG16, SAVER, and EDGE and you basically get 25% off without waiting too long.[/QUOTE]
Whoa! You might be the first to figure that out...

Seriously, you can't stack EDGE with any other promos anymore.

bread's done
Back