CoD: Black Ops Contest

That's what I said. You can enter any random combo of numbers and letters and it will say you've won. You cant enter duplicates though as it will say congrats or whatever, but that the code's already been used. It's seriously like the most backwards setup for a contest like this that I've ever seen.

Why they didn't just update their database daily with the 25 codes that could be entered is beyond me. It not only would've been easier for them in that they don't have to wade through countless entries of bullshit codes, but it would've been easier for the contestants as well as we'd actually know if we'd legitimately won something or not.

Remember that announcement I promised? I was just cleared to make it, but let me answer some of your questions first...
[quote name='CBas92']Hey Tom how long does it take to receive the confirmation email?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't received a confirmation email, send an email to [email protected] and we'll get it all straightened out.

[quote name='mr.me']In the rules it says "There is a limit of a total of one (1) Eligible Entry per person."

Does that mean if you win a T-shirt now you can't win the bigger prizes later?[/QUOTE]

The T-Shirt contest is seperate from our bigger prizes, so you can still enter for our bigger prizes.

Speaking of which, that brings me to a clever segue to our big announcement --

GameStop is bringing back Surprize Attack! Check out the exclusive announcement trailer on the Classified tab on GameStop’s Facebook page. This tab will be a source of advanced intel throughout the sweepstakes, including info about prizes before they’re officially released, so stay tuned.

Starting tomorrow, you can use your GameStop pre-order code to play.

(NOTE: Thursday September 30th is the last day to redeem your pre-order code for the exclusive flight Suit avatar, so if you haven’t already, better get on it!)

[quote name='GameStopTom']Starting tomorrow, you can use your GameStop pre-order code to play.[/QUOTE]

Using the avatar code?

[quote name='(NOTE: Thursday September 30th is the last day to redeem your pre-order code for the exclusive flight Suit avatar, so if you haven’t already, better get on it!)[/QUOTE']

i preordered before they announced the avatar thing. how do i get m y code?

[quote name='smokey6']Using the avatar code?[/QUOTE]
Yes, using the code you got when pre-ordering that you used to get the avatar.

[quote name='tripleOGkush']i preordered before they announced the avatar thing. how do i get m y code?[/QUOTE]
You can email [email protected] to retrieve your pre-order code.

i def kept lookin and got excited when i found another code today....contest ended like 4 days ago lol...:bomb:

when's these "new big prizes" roll out too..

I received one email saying the code was invalid, followed by another stating the code was valid. haha. I wonder which it was!

ok i have an extra avatar code if anyone needs it

i went to game stop with my reciept and the guy gave me an extra one for a friend

[quote name='GameStopTom']Remember that announcement I promised? I was just cleared to make it, but let me answer some of your questions first...

If you haven't received a confirmation email, send an email to [email protected] and we'll get it all straightened out.

The T-Shirt contest is seperate from our bigger prizes, so you can still enter for our bigger prizes.

Speaking of which, that brings me to a clever segue to our big announcement --

GameStop is bringing back Surprize Attack! Check out the exclusive announcement trailer on the Classified tab on GameStop’s Facebook page. This tab will be a source of advanced intel throughout the sweepstakes, including info about prizes before they’re officially released, so stay tuned.

Starting tomorrow, you can use your GameStop pre-order code to play.

(NOTE: Thursday September 30th is the last day to redeem your pre-order code for the exclusive flight Suit avatar, so if you haven’t already, better get on it!)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the surprise attack heads up. I got a free pre-order code following the directions stated in the rules and plan to enter each day here on out.

[quote name='jmarano7836'] when's these "new big prizes" roll out too..[/QUOTE]

Right now! I've got some more info on Surprize Attack for you guys - First, check out the prizes we announced like:
a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon:
1633-Mopar-Jeep-Wrangler-Ultimate-392-HEMI.jpg

Harley Davidson motorcycle:
pg_spxl883n_int_bs.jpg

and the chance to pilot an L-39 Albatross military jet!
l39_albatros.jpg

There's also the SCVNGR SOG missions, which you can play from any iPhone or Android device and complete challenges to unlock rewards. Get details, download the app and redeem codes on the site.

As always, let me know if you have any q's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Links still don't work. But on the bright side I just got an email saying that they'll send me my prize after the verification process! I wonder which prize I won. Last time I won a bar of soap :(

GameStopTom, I got an email today saying I won something and that it would be sent out as soon as the Verification process is completed....any way to find out exactly what I won, as the email does not say???

[quote name='evenfl0w']Links still don't work. But on the bright side I just got an email saying that they'll send me my prize after the verification process! I wonder which prize I won. Last time I won a bar of soap :([/QUOTE]

Clicking through doesn't work, but copy/pasting seems to. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll get to the bottom of things. And that wasn't any bar of soap, by the way. It was Soap MacTavish soap!

[quote name='hobomatt']GameStopTom, I got an email today saying I won something and that it would be sent out as soon as the Verification process is completed....any way to find out exactly what I won, as the email does not say???[/QUOTE]

Let me check into this for you.

I'm confused, i found a code.. do i input it somewhere? Also how do i win the big prizes? It's random?

Nevermind, i'm super late.. Promotion over on Sept. 25th..

Edit: Figured it out, i was doing the wrong thing. Found the other one that starts on the 29th! Thanks!

GameStop Tom. I got that exact same email today, but it does not say what I won. Literally received it a few hours ago.

Im guessing it was yesterday's prize, maybe... hopefully it was two days late and was notification of winning that prestige edition black ops... and is not one of those COD Classic 8500 codes :)

I know it's not related to the haystack contest, because thats a different email.

Yea I got an e-mail for winning today as well, though atm I have no clue what I won, it seems since we all got a msg today though it would be one of the prizes where there were a huge quantity of them

[quote name='LoganDX']yep got an email too. What exactly is the "verification process"?[/QUOTE]

Same for me as well. I am sure it either has to do with the 100 MS points I am supposed to get deposited from the contest or COD Classic.

I got one at about 4:30 yesterday saying i'd won too. I didnt however sign up for COD classic, I forgot to enter the sat/sun drawings. So here's hoping I either won the camera or prestige edition.

[quote name='Strigol']I got one at about 4:30 yesterday saying i'd won too. I didnt however sign up for COD classic, I forgot to enter the sat/sun drawings. So here's hoping I either won the camera or prestige edition.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I never signed up for the COD classic keys and still got that email, but it's concerning me considering how many of us got that verification email. I originally thought it was just a glitch in the system of some sort.

Maybe they're verifying our free wallpaper prize, lol. All I can do is hope for the best and convince myself I won the prestige edition. :D

I received the same email that everyone else has been getting about verifying and that doesn't tell you what you've won. The last time that I played was this past Friday. I won a free appetizer at TGI Fridays on Thursday i think. Are they verifying it? I wouldn't figure the email would speak about the wallpaper and the free app coupon. It does say something in the email about them sending it to me. I'm hoping for the prestiege edition too! :)

So it seems since some of you received the e-mail but didn't enter the day of the COD classic, this is just a general notification of winning that is sent after a certain amount of days have past and puts it out to everyone regardless of what you have won?

[quote name='CandyCaptain']So it seems since some of you received the e-mail but didn't enter the day of the COD classic, this is just a general notification of winning that is sent after a certain amount of days have past and puts it out to everyone regardless of what you have won?[/QUOTE]

We're hoping so since that prestige edition is looking mighty fine. I really hope it's not just some stupid glitch since a lot of people received the email. I'll take any prize they send me though! :lol:

ok.. so do you have to input your receipt with your pre-ordered copy black ops? Cause i'm def not pre-ordering that knowing treyarch made it before i at least test it out...

EDIT: no apps for scavenger for a blackberry!? realllllly?.. i give up with this contest..

theres a button when you go to sign up for a prize that says "lost/need receipt" click that and see if it'll generate you a receipt # as it says no purchase neccessary to enter

Got an answer on the verification emails for you.

We are in the process of validating winners and expect to have the prizes sent out shortly. As soon as all winners are validated we will send instant win prizes via email. We apologize for this delay and we are working to get prizes out as quickly as possible.

[quote name='GameStopTom']Got an answer on the verification emails for you.

We are in the process of validating winners and expect to have the prizes sent out shortly. As soon as all winners are validated we will send instant win prizes via email. We apologize for this delay and we are working to get prizes out as quickly as possible.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused...I received my coupon for TGIFriday's right away and still received an email. Does that mean I won one of the daily prizes?

I instant won some Microsoft points, as did a co-worker of mine who also got an email. I bet thats what they're varifying. Which sucks as I was hoping for that nice prestiege edition

[quote name='Strigol']I instant won some Microsoft points, as did a co-worker of mine who also got an email. I bet thats what they're varifying. Which sucks as I was hoping for that nice prestiege edition[/QUOTE]

How many points? I still haven't received anything back...just says they are verifying.

You might like to know about this juicy tidbit that leaked on our Facebook page.
Classified- We've just received information that the second elite prize will be unlocked Friday at 12pm CT. Our sources indicate that you'll be airborne. Stand by.

Let's keep this between us and the rest of the internet, what do ya say? ;)

Entered last night and won a one month XBL sub. Figured it would take forever because of the emails we received earlier. Checked my email today and there was a code. Haven't checked it yet to see it it's valid tho. Wonder what the earlier emails were about now.

[quote name='GameStopTom']You might like to know about this juicy tidbit that leaked on our Facebook page.

Let's keep this between us and the rest of the internet, what do ya say? ;)[/QUOTE]

Is this contest different to the Black Ops Surprize Attack one? Supposedly i won a 1 month xbox live subscription on that but i never received anything.

[quote name='hawkhogan']Is this contest different to the Black Ops Surprize Attack one? Supposedly i won a 1 month xbox live subscription on that but i never received anything.[/QUOTE]

same here is this the same contest i got microsoft points coming my way apparently....but aint got an email from them
urgh...i hope it worth waiting for anyone know what the prizes are?

[quote name='hawkhogan']Is this contest different to the Black Ops Surprize Attack one? Supposedly i won a 1 month xbox live subscription on that but i never received anything.[/QUOTE]
Same here, although on another forum one person did get an email for the 100 points he won. So maybe there's a small delay in the emails.

[quote name='Toxic_zombie']same here is this the same contest i got microsoft points coming my way apparently....but aint got an email from them
urgh...i hope it worth waiting for anyone know what the prizes are?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the same Surprize Attack contest. Here is our list of prizes. If you haven't gotten your prize yet, hold tight - we're performing winner verification and shipping out prizes as quickly as possible.

But in the meantime, take a look at some intel from our facebook page:

Classified - Early intel indicates that tomorrow's prize will come in electronic form and require network connectivity. It unlocks at 12pm CT.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back