CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

Plenty of strategy as in who's watching what position, calling out where they got killed from, what points we're going to hold, etc.

also, if someone gets a nuke in domination it is game over. that is crap because domination is capturing the objective, not team deathmatch plus playing with random people is not good. best thing to do is this, get a team of at least 5 people or more when going into ground war and everyone communicate and work together. that is how my friends and I win alot. there are alot of bullshit moments in the game, really bad. it's annoying because you throw a flash/stun grenade and you hear it hit the person so you then throw a frag and it doesn't kill them and they just walk by it like nothing happens even though you hear the impact.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']

As for the nuke complaints, I could have sworn that kill streak rewards don't count towards your rewards? Or is this only when they are picked up via care package? Or is it only in certain modes?

That chopper gunner though really makes it so you get the nuke at 11 though if that's the case. That thing is a fucking meat grinder. It'll totally change the tide of a game.

And for the record; I have yet to be nuked.[/QUOTE]

Its only care packages and that other 4 drop thing that don't count towards KSR. Everything else counts.

[quote name='slickkill77']Its only care packages and that other 4 drop thing that don't count towards KSR. Everything else counts.[/QUOTE]The Pavelow also doesn't count towards your future killstreak rewards.

Also, the harrier can shoot other people's stuff down. I called in a harrier yesterday & then an enemy called in a pavelow & my harrier shot his down with 2 missles. Same thing happened when I called in my chopper gunner & an enemy's harrier shot it down. You also get the points & it shows your name if your harrier destroys anything.

[quote name='zewone']Plenty of strategy as in who's watching what position, calling out where they got killed from, what points we're going to hold, etc.[/QUOTE]

God damn it zew....stop lying...think about the children man.

I dont know if this has been asked before so I will ask it now.

What is every ones favorite perk and what does everyone like the least?

uhh i dig the Scrambler. took out 3 guys directly around the corner in the subbase lvl. i was out of ammo so i tossed a flash and ended up taking out the other 2 to finish the round with the knife.
i guess since the Scrambler messed up their radars they didn't see my dot and where they were dying from.

I haven't played that much online, only about 5.5 hours but that was by far the best time i had with a perk. I normally use Slight of Hand/Hardline/Scrambler but have been mixing it up to get more Challenges complete.

Main/1st set:

• Primary: AK-47 (Red Dot)
  • Secondary: RPG / M10 (shotty)
  • Equipment: Claymore
  • Special grenade: Flash Bang
  • 1st Perk: Sleight of Hand
  • 2nd Perk: Stopping Power
  • 3rd Perk: Ninja
  • Deathstreak: Martyrdom
    • KSR:
      1. Harrier Strike
      2. Pavelow
      3. AC130 (Ground wars)
      4. Chopper gunner (FFA)
2nd set (AA):

• Same as first, but with a stinger as a secondary for AA.
3rd set:

• Primary: AK-47 (Red Dot)
  • Secondary: RPG / M10 (shotty)
  • Equipment: Tactical Insertion
  • Special grenade: Smoke
  • 1st Perk: Sleight of Hand
  • 2nd Perk: Stopping Power
  • 3rd Perk: Ninja
  • Deathstreak: Final Stand
    • KSR:
      1. Care Package
      2. Harrier Strike
      3. Emergency Airdrop

Normally the Holographic sight looks better on most guns, but for the AK, the Red Dot is more precise.

[quote name='LordKefka06']The Pavelow also doesn't count towards your future killstreak rewards.

Also, the harrier can shoot other people's stuff down. I called in a harrier yesterday & then an enemy called in a pavelow & my harrier shot his down with 2 missles. Same thing happened when I called in my chopper gunner & an enemy's harrier shot it down. You also get the points & it shows your name if your harrier destroys anything.[/QUOTE]

Pavelow counts, care packages don't.

[quote name='Soodmeg']God damn it zew....stop lying...think about the children man.[/QUOTE]

Just shut up already.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Strategy? A game that moves as fast as call of duty it's almost impossible to coordinate. The best I think a group could do is coordinate loadouts to have some folks sniping, some folks ready to take out air support, etc. Other than that it's all about how who's quick down the sites, good with the knife, and effectively using equipment/perks.

One person who is very very good at MW2 could annihilate 3 or so mediocre players that him at the same time; maybe even more. As opposed to say, Halo 3, where it's all about collective skill and no matter how good you are 9/10 it comes down to shear numbers. If 2 people attack you alone in Halo, you're pretty much fucked.

So it's not at all about forming a strategy, it's about having people on your team that don't suck balls.

The progressive spawning makes things really difficult, especially since it'll spawn you into bull shit situations. One time I spawned 5 times in a row into instant death on Afghan. Spawned under a pave low 2 times, then 2 predator missiles, and then polished the streak off with a harrier strike.

As for the nuke complaints, I could have sworn that kill streak rewards don't count towards your rewards? Or is this only when they are picked up via care package? Or is it only in certain modes?

That chopper gunner though really makes it so you get the nuke at 11 though if that's the case. That thing is a fucking meat grinder. It'll totally change the tide of a game.[/quote]

If you or your team is not smart enough to switch classes and shoot down every air support called in, you deserve to have the game end early everytime.

Tie between scavenger pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro.

I noticed that a nice way to get points, albeit cheaply, is to equip one of your classes with one man army. Whether or not you plan to use that class isn't important. But what you can do, is start a game with that class, and then switch to whatever class you normally use. This way you can get kills for whatever class and gun you normally use, plus you can get kills towards you one man army challenges.

Scrambler is dumb, it may scramble the radar, but it also tells the enemies...HEY YO, IM IN YOUR AREA, SO BE ALERT AND LOOK FOR ME!

I usually use the ones that keep you from being detected from radar, or heart censors. Also use bling.

Is anyone using an alternative mic? This officially xbox mic is pissing me off. This is my 2nd one and its still a pos.

[quote name='LordKefka06']My version must have bugged 150+ times then....[/QUOTE]

There's no way that the chopper gunner and AC130 count towards the next killstreak and the pavelow doesn't.

[quote name='Trakan']There's no way that the chopper gunner and AC130 count towards the next killstreak and the pavelow doesn't.[/QUOTE]

The pavelow doesn't count. I love this killstreak reward but it never counts towards my AC130. I must have done it 100 times and it has never counted.

To clear this up I think this is how it works:

If you get the Pavelow, AC130, Chopper Gunner, etc... from a "CARE PACKAGE" or "EMERGENCY AIRDROP", they DON'T count towards your killstreak rewards.

If you get them through any other means, they DO count towards your killstreak rewards.

[quote name='hershizzle']The pavelow doesn't count. I love this killstreak reward but it never counts towards my AC130. I must have done it 100 times and it has never counted.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that's really hard to believe. The pavelow is good, but bush league compared to the chopper gunner. I don't see how that can count and the pavelow doesn't.

[quote name='Trakan']Sorry, that's really hard to believe. The pavelow is good, but bush league compared to the chopper gunner. I don't see how that can count and the pavelow doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Go google pavelow doesn't count towards killstreak rewards and see how many other people are having this problem or try it for yourself then. Apparantly it's a game glitch or something.

so what Killstreak rewards are you guys using? Im only mid20, Been using Care package, Predator, Harrier.

Btw i retract what i said about scramble. I unlocked coldblood today, definitely loving it.

[quote name='slickkill77']Tie between scavenger pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro.

I noticed that a nice way to get points, albeit cheaply, is to equip one of your classes with one man army. Whether or not you plan to use that class isn't important. But what you can do, is start a game with that class, and then switch to whatever class you normally use. This way you can get kills for whatever class and gun you normally use, plus you can get kills towards you one man army challenges.[/QUOTE]

I do that, well I did before prestiging.... I did it for the extra points and you also get 2 claymores right off the bat. Also another trick is when you change classes change right back to your one man army class. I've held down a bunker or building single handedly by doing this many a times. People keep charging assuming you can't still have claymores. :) Claymore two entrances and keep changing classes keeping another ready to lay down. Also if there's only one way in you can place 2 claymores so it's impossible to charge through both of them.

I always had a cold blooded class just because air support does crazy work in this game. Like others have said I always took great great joy in knocking down anything in the air. I so miss my javeline now..... :bomb:

Scrambler is trash you know to duck back and watch for company since it says if your radar has been jammed.

Where did yall read pavelow doesn't count? I used one in my 21 streak i'm almost sure... If it's from a care pack or emergency drop or a stolen drop it doesnt count but if it's yours it should....

[quote name='LordKefka06']Just to confirm... again. The Pavelow & Care Packages/Emergency Airdrops don't count toward future KSR.

I just tested them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bud! When in doubt, Test that SH1T Out!!!!;)

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Wow. Marathon + Lightweight + Commando = Best setup ever. Try it out. I got an 8 kill streak with the knife alone using this.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was screwing around with that during 1 of the clan nights and it was badass. Throw in a throwing knife along with that for even more domination.

I forgot to add, It works best if you are using a pistol with a 'Tactical Knife'. Since it has the same effect/range as a normal knife, but it knives alot faster. So you have a better chance of getting multiple guys if you roll up into a group.

so u guys just learned the knife class and yes a tactical knife is a must but have fun unlocking one for one of ur pistols(requires 75 kills) :lol:

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Wow. Marathon + Lightweight + Commando = Best setup ever. Try it out. I got an 8 kill streak with the knife alone using this.[/QUOTE]

I replace Commando with Ninja for Capture the Flag matches. No one hears me booking it across the map.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I replace Commando with Ninja for Capture the Flag matches. No one hears me booking it across the map.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I use Ninja Pro so they cant here me but also to screw over the pansies staring at a heartbeat sensor. A lot of people use those in SnD. Plus there isn't anything else really useful in the third perk slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...I hate to gripe. But I've finally gotten some time these past few days to play some multiplayer and it seems like everyone is CAMPING! I considered myself to be half decent at COD 4. But on maps like Karachi - people just get up a ladder and just watch the heartbeat sensor or go prone/hide behind some trash and watch a chokepoint.

I mean I just played a match where a guy went 33-0 after the nuke. Sucks man, just sucks. It really didn't happen THAT often in COD 4, although maybe it's just all the new people in MW2. I mean how much fun can it be to sit around and just wait for someone to run by the window you're hiding in! :bomb:

Stopping power with the M16 is pretty much untouchable. I'm starting to find some custom classes that work real well for me. Before I started messing around with the classes I was like 100 kills under deaths, now after like a day or two I'm almost 200 kills over deaths. Very nice.

Campers are little fucking pussies who couldn't do shit if they actually moved a step in a game.

Also, the M16 isn't "untouchable". It's overpowered & unbalanced cheapness.

Combine the 2 & you get 3/4ths of the MW2 players...

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Fair enough... But cheap or not, its still untouchable. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's far from untouchable, but it's definitely the best rifle.

[quote name='slickkill77']Ok Rust is easily the worst map in this game. I thought it was estate but rust is easily the worst map.[/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with Wasteland? I haven't played Rust yet but Estate is better than Wasteland.

i just owned a game of team deathmatch, 38 and 3. I was so happy, it brought up my KDR a lot, just from that game and a couple of two to one KDR games. The nuke is like the greatest thing ever, i unlocked it on a whim, but it was awesome!

[quote name='slickkill77']Ok Rust is easily the worst map in this game. I thought it was estate but rust is easily the worst map.[/QUOTE]

Wasteland or Underhill without a thermal scope equipped weapon would like a word with you kind sir. Estate and Rust though are without a doubt in the top five.

[quote name='DJHVIDAL']I have Pavelow equipped as a kill streak and it works towards my AC130[/QUOTE]

Except that it doesn't. Check again, this has been confirmed multiple times already. Pavelow does not count towards killstreak rewards no matter how you get it.

My guess as to why it doesn't count is that it's a beast that you don't have to control. AC 130 and Chopper Gunner you need to hide and control, so it's somewhat skill based and thus counts toward your kill streak. Pavelow is a flying tank and while it's killing ppl you are free to run around and kill even more ppl, so it doesnt count towards unlocking a further kill streak reward.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Okay...I hate to gripe. But I've finally gotten some time these past few days to play some multiplayer and it seems like everyone is CAMPING! I considered myself to be half decent at COD 4. But on maps like Karachi - people just get up a ladder and just watch the heartbeat sensor or go prone/hide behind some trash and watch a chokepoint.

I mean I just played a match where a guy went 33-0 after the nuke. Sucks man, just sucks. It really didn't happen THAT often in COD 4, although maybe it's just all the new people in MW2. I mean how much fun can it be to sit around and just wait for someone to run by the window you're hiding in! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Couple that with the fact that they spent $60 to sit and camp for hours on end. How much fun is that, seriously? The sad part is that it works on me because I have so much fun running around, so my KDR is off because I die so much from campers.

bread's done
Back