CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Maybe IW stopped the joining mid match or toned it down because every friggin' time I joined a match I would be put onto the losing time. Now my K/D ratio is slightly below 1 mind you, but theres no reason my W/L ratio should be a .50 because IW decided to throw me on the losing team 9 out of 10 joins.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that members of a losing team quit far more frequently than do members of a team that's winning. So all those empty slots need to get filled. But assigning a loss for that is crap.

You should only receive a win or a loss for game you have played the entirety of. If you join in the middle, it shouldnt affect you either way.

I'm really having a problem with spawning. Last night on one match, I spawned right next to enemies, or got bombed, or shot at from above about 1 second after spawning back to back, so that was 10 kills right away for the other team, shit was ridiculous and was making me super pissed.

[quote name='Puffa469']You should only receive a win or a loss for game you have played the entirety of. If you join in the middle, it shouldnt affect you either way.[/QUOTE]
Well that is a slippery slope. If my team is about to lose and I quit it should count against me. I think they should just get rid of the join mid game thing. It obviously doesn't work all of the time because I was playing a game the other day where it was 1 (me) vs 7-8 and no one joined on my end.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm really having a problem with spawning. Last night on one match, I spawned right next to enemies, or got bombed, or shot at from above about 1 second after spawning back to back, so that was 10 kills right away for the other team, shit was ridiculous and was making me super pissed.[/QUOTE]
Really Linkin? it happened 10 times?

[quote name='M1C13']Really Linkin? it happened 10 times?[/QUOTE]

I kid you not, I was so ready to quit the match. I forget the name of the map, the one where there is broken pieces of airplanes in the middle (not Afghan). I kept spawning in the most vulnerable spaces, not even next to teamates.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I kid you not, I was so ready to quit the match. I forget the name of the map, the one where there is broken pieces of airplanes in the middle (not Afghan). I kept spawning in the most vulnerable spaces, not even next to teamates.[/QUOTE]

Hey that happened to me in our spawn on karachi. it's the side with the alley way and trash cans. Some guy was on the left side just looking straight with his m16 and killed me at least 6 times. Got frustrated and left. Damn in every shooter game with online multiplayer there are crappy spawn points. halo 3, gears of war 2, call of duty. They need to fix this quick as well. Even with cold blood on, if there is an enemy chopper or pavelow it will kill me as I spawn. I know it could be because teammates are nearby but it shouldn't affect me.

prestige pisses me off, never cared about it in the other game but because it tracks what percentage you are at in this game it compels me to do so.

I still dont really get the point of doing it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']prestige pisses me off, never cared about it in the other game but because it tracks what percentage you are at in this game it compels me to do so.

I still dont really get the point of doing it.[/QUOTE]

Think about it. It's for people who love leveling up and unlocking things, like in an RPG. There are exclusive prestige challenges as well. There are special titles and emblems to unlock that you get only from prestiging. If I stayed at level 70 I would just use the best weapons every game. This way I'm constantly getting something new and changing it up with weapons. Keeps the game fresh.

[quote name='M1C13']Well that is a slippery slope. If my team is about to lose and I quit it should count against me. I think they should just get rid of the join mid game thing. It obviously doesn't work all of the time because I was playing a game the other day where it was 1 (me) vs 7-8 and no one joined on my end.[/QUOTE]

If you were in the match from the beginning and quit early, you get a loss. Only if you joined in the middle of a match would it not count against you.

Imo, if you join in the middle, your not responsible for whats happened in that match, and shouldn't share in the victory or defeat.

I think a system like this could work, and not piss off the people concerned with W/L ratio.

I don't know about not letting people join mid-match at all, because it can take long enough to join a match as it is. Also, what if your on a team where people quit early? You will be left with a short team for the rest of that match, almost ensuring a loss.

[quote name='Soodmeg']prestige pisses me off, never cared about it in the other game but because it tracks what percentage you are at in this game it compels me to do so.

Thats why it's optional. ;)

In CoD4 I prestiged about 4-5 times and then stopped because I wanted to work on my Golden guns.

Alot of people get addicted to the leveling process.

After your maxed at level 70, getting a kill that fufills a bunch of challenges and nets you tons of points just feels hollow when those points dont go toward anything.

I'm maxed at 70 right now, and will probably prestige after I get off of work. Not sure if I will continue to prestige, but I want to do it once at least for the new titles, emblems and challanges that unlock.

[quote name='chankk']Anyone here prestige yet??
I'm third prestige and I'm looking for some fellow CAG gamers.[/QUOTE]

On my first prestige about level 48 I believe. Highest person on my friends list is about half-way through his 3rd Prestige and a few others on their 2nd Prestige.

If it weren't for the extra custom slots and competitiveness with friends I might not be doing it......then again the completionist in me :)

What happens when you go Prestige? Do your weapon unlocks and upgrades reset?

Also, anyone know how many maps are available for MP? I only play TD so I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some maps.

The reason for me to prestige is to force myself into trying new weapons and playing differently each time around. First time I used the m4a1 a ton...If i just wanted to sit there at 70 and boost my kdr with weapons im good at i would but that gets a little dull. Prestige gives me a personal challenge to go back from the beginning and lvl with weapons i didn't bother using + i guess trying out different class builds.

Also the new titles and custom classes are nice. Im at first prestige rank20..still a long way out from 10th prestige.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What happens when you go Prestige? Do your weapon unlocks and upgrades reset?

Also, anyone know how many maps are available for MP? I only play TD so I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some maps.[/QUOTE]

You lose everything. You start from rank1 with no custom classes. You need to unlock reddot, silencer, etc for each weapon. you get new challenges for each weapon. Prestige challenges are pretty nice. Under Challenges, each weapon has 2 additional prestige challenges that are "headshots and kills" which are in addition to the regular headshot and kill challenges. There is another whole category that is unlocked with prestige which has additional ways to earn xp. When you hit rank 4 you can use the additional custom class slot gained from going prestige.

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/maps/

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What happens when you go Prestige? Do your weapon unlocks and upgrades reset?

Also, anyone know how many maps are available for MP? I only play TD so I'm wondering if I'm missing out on some maps.[/QUOTE]

16 Maps. I've seen everyone in TDM. Only one not major in the rotation is Rust.

For Prestige, everything resets except your clan tag, titles, & emblems. You also get additional challenges & weapon slots upon moving on to the next level.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Prestige (1/2 way down)

For the link lazy:

• Prestige 1: Extra Custom Class Slot (6 Total), "Prestige" Tier of Challenges, New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 2: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 3: Extra Custom Class Slot (7 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 4: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 5: Extra Custom Class Slot (8 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 6: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 7: Extra Custom Class Slot (9 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 8: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 9: Extra Custom Class Slot (10 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 10: New Emblem, New Title

[quote name='chankk']Anyone here prestige yet??[/QUOTE]I'm 3rd prestige, level 43. But I have my brother playing on my account also. However, I'm on the PSN.

[quote name='Trakan']Think about it. It's for people who love leveling up and unlocking things, like in an RPG. There are exclusive prestige challenges as well. There are special titles and emblems to unlock that you get only from prestiging. If I stayed at level 70 I would just use the best weapons every game. This way I'm constantly getting something new and changing it up with weapons. Keeps the game fresh.[/QUOTE]QFT. I have no respect for level 70's.

[quote name='Puffa469']If you were in the match from the beginning and quit early, you get a loss. Only if you joined in the middle of a match would it not count against you.

Imo, if you join in the middle, your not responsible for whats happened in that match, and shouldn't share in the victory or defeat.

I think a system like this could work, and not piss off the people concerned with W/L ratio.

I don't know about not letting people join mid-match at all, because it can take long enough to join a match as it is. Also, what if your on a team where people quit early? You will be left with a short team for the rest of that match, almost ensuring a loss.[/QUOTE]QFT to this also. That would work perfect.

[quote name='Puffa469']In CoD4 I prestiged about 4-5 times and then stopped because I wanted to work on my Golden guns.[/QUOTE]I'm so damn pissed that they took out Golden guns. I think they shoulda made it where you have to get to the 10th prestige lvl 70 before the challenge even becomes available. Then ontop of that, all challenge stats reset for that certain gun category. And there is a complete new set of challenges just to get the golden gun for that weapon type. Like 500 kills with a particular weapon while they are flash-banged... etc.... It would also be just like COD4, to where you would have to finish the challenges for all the guns in the category (Assault, SMG, LMG...).

But all of that would be optional, if for some reason you didn't want to lose all your gun challenge stats.

Finally beat is on veteran. Not nearly as hard as the veteran on COD4 but thats a good thing. Hell of a game. Loads of OMG moments. Edge of your seat stuff. Loved it!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm really having a problem with spawning. Last night on one match, I spawned right next to enemies, or got bombed, or shot at from above about 1 second after spawning back to back, so that was 10 kills right away for the other team, shit was ridiculous and was making me super pissed.[/QUOTE]
Switch your equipment to Tactical Insertion.

TI isn't going to help a respawn. He has to get away from the respawn for it to be useful. Besides, TI sticks out like a sore thumb in most maps and it's easily destroyable. The only sweet spot for it is in highrise on the top of the building.

[quote name='seanr1221']I suck when I'm not using the Scar-H. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Same. The Scar feels nice and heavy. It has gravitas.

Everything else feels puny in comparison. I have an AA class that still is using something with a red dot, and it feels like I'm making pewpew noises at people.

SMGs are fun, but they move around much more smoothly and quickly. Difficult to get used to that. It's like someone yanked all the nickels out of my phone and I slapped myself in the face.

Is there anything else like the Scar that does more damage? I don't know anything about the guns in this game beyond the four or five I've tried.

Yeah Scar seems to be the rage if your not duel wielding 1887's or Sniping. I remember in the first Modern Warfare the P90 seemed to be the best weapon to use and it still seems pretty powerful in MW2 just not as dominate. I guess Kefka will give us the run down on that soon enough.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']TI isn't going to help a respawn. He has to get away from the respawn for it to be useful. Besides, TI sticks out like a sore thumb in most maps and it's easily destroyable. The only sweet spot for it is in highrise on the top of the building.[/QUOTE]Well it has worked well for me more often than not. Typical people rarely look for it, not to mention being able to even use it effectively. Spawning behind enemies right after they kill you surprises them every single time and presents an opportunity to flank the other team.

[quote name='Strell']Same. The Scar feels nice and heavy. It has gravitas.

Everything else feels puny in comparison. I have an AA class that still is using something with a red dot, and it feels like I'm making pewpew noises at people.

SMGs are fun, but they move around much more smoothly and quickly. Difficult to get used to that. It's like someone yanked all the nickels out of my phone and I slapped myself in the face.

Is there anything else like the Scar that does more damage? I don't know anything about the guns in this game beyond the four or five I've tried.[/QUOTE]

I was using different weapons today (to level up faster) and my k/d ratio was consistently negative. I switched to the Scar and got a 22 kill streak :lol:

The AK-47 does the most damage of any gun.

The SCAR & TAR are very similar & do about the same damage. However, the scar has less kick, but a smaller clip. While the tar has more kick, but a faster fire rate.

I haven't checked the official stats on them, but that's my first hand experience.

The RPD is complete :bs: though. A LMG shouldn't be doing that much damage with a bigass clip.

Also, you guys should really check out the F2000 with a holographic. Now that thing destroys.

-----

Doesn't anybody find it weird that the "Ninja" perk hides you from sound & heartbeat censors? It should only protect you from 1 of those, so your vulnerable to the other. They need to be 2 completly different perks.

ACR> imo. Gun is powerful with no kickback at all and nice range. But really all of the ARs are good except the FAL, that gun is only useful in HC game modes at best.

ACR seemed pretty good close to medium range w/ even a silencer attached. I neglected the SCAR my first time to 70. I am gonna have to try it out for a bit since u guys seem to like it. I pretty much used M4A1 and ACR(a little) from 1-70 last time with some attempts at using a riotshield and sniper classes.

from what i remember i didn't like the scar's speed, felt slow. whats the best attachment for the scar picking off people from a distance? holo/reddot/acog?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Well it has worked well for me more often than not. Typical people rarely look for it, not to mention being able to even use it effectively. Spawning behind enemies right after they kill you surprises them every single time and presents an opportunity to flank the other team.[/QUOTE]

TI generally isn't that great of an idea against decent players unless you've died in a hard to reach spot. Any time I see a flare I know if I wait long enough I'll score a free kill. Two guaranteed if they guy is camping next to it.

[quote name='-BigC-']ACR> imo. Gun is powerful with no kickback at all and nice range. But really all of the ARs are good except the FAL, that gun is only useful in HC game modes at best.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree the ACR > SCAR but I think the recoil is too low given how many times I've been killed by someone just trying to hit me unloading a full clip at a distance without a hint of recoil in the kill-cam.

The FAL works just find if you have a quick trigger finger. I've never setup a dedicated class for it (mostly because I keep forgetting) but I've picked up several on the battlefield and it does some awesome damage if you know how to handle it.

[quote name='SynGamer']I want to know how a Ninja can hide his heartbeat...[/QUOTE]
Slows down his heart :D

[quote name='LordKefka06']The AK-47 does the most damage of any gun.

The SCAR & TAR are very similar & do about the same damage. However, the scar has less kick, but a smaller clip. While the tar has more kick, but a faster fire rate.

I haven't checked the official stats on them, but that's my first hand experience.

The RPD is complete :bs: though. A LMG shouldn't be doing that much damage with a bigass clip.[/QUOTE]
From the Den Kirson boards:

Assault rifle:

M4: 30-20
Scar-H: 40-30
FAMAS: 40-30
M16: 40-30
ACR: 30-20
TAR-21 : 40-30
FN FAL: 55-35
F2000: 30-20
Ak-47: 40-30

SMG:

Mp5K:40-20
P90:30-20
UZI:30-20
vector:25-20
UMP:40 - 35

LMG:

(silenced)

L86: 40-40 (30-30)
RPD: 40 -40 (30-30)
MG4: 30 -30 (20-20)
AUG: 40-40 (30-30)
m240: 30-30 (20-20)

handgun:

USP: 40-25
magnum: 50-35
m9: 40-25
Desert Eagle: 50-30

Machine pistol

pp2000: 40-20
glock: 30-20
m93: 40-30
TMP: 30-20

Sniper:

70 normal, 50 silenced

(head, chest, stomach,)

intervention: 1.5 - 1.5 - 1.1
Barret: 1.5 - 1.5 - 1.1
WA2000: 1.5 - 1.5 - 1
M21 EBR: 1.5 - 1.1 - 1

TI is good if you know how to use it. Maybe once in a game, every 5 games, will I get TI camped/destroyed. The only times I ever really get killed after spawning is if a guy kills me within seconds of putting it down.
Also, think about it. If a guy is using TI, he is probably using it all game. After you run into it for the first time in a game, how often do you run into the same guy's TI again?

[quote name='-BigC-']ACR> imo. Gun is powerful with no kickback at all and nice range. But really all of the ARs are good except the FAL, that gun is only useful in HC game modes at best.[/QUOTE]

That's my current weapon of choice. Just yesterday I replaced the ACOG sight for the Holographic one, I think I'm doing better without the ACOG.

[quote name='naiku']The reason for me to prestige is to force myself into trying new weapons and playing differently each time around. First time I used the m4a1 a ton...If i just wanted to sit there at 70 and boost my kdr with weapons im good at i would but that gets a little dull. Prestige gives me a personal challenge to go back from the beginning and lvl with weapons i didn't bother using + i guess trying out different class builds.

Also the new titles and custom classes are nice. Im at first prestige rank20..still a long way out from 10th prestige.

You lose everything. You start from rank1 with no custom classes. You need to unlock reddot, silencer, etc for each weapon. you get new challenges for each weapon. Prestige challenges are pretty nice. Under Challenges, each weapon has 2 additional prestige challenges that are "headshots and kills" which are in addition to the regular headshot and kill challenges. There is another whole category that is unlocked with prestige which has additional ways to earn xp. When you hit rank 4 you can use the additional custom class slot gained from going prestige.

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/maps/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blk00civicsi']16 Maps. I've seen everyone in TDM. Only one not major in the rotation is Rust.

For Prestige, everything resets except your clan tag, titles, & emblems. You also get additional challenges & weapon slots upon moving on to the next level.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Prestige (1/2 way down)

For the link lazy:

• Prestige 1: Extra Custom Class Slot (6 Total), "Prestige" Tier of Challenges, New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 2: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 3: Extra Custom Class Slot (7 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 4: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 5: Extra Custom Class Slot (8 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 6: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 7: Extra Custom Class Slot (9 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 8: New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 9: Extra Custom Class Slot (10 Total), New Emblem, New Title
  • Prestige 10: New Emblem, New Title
[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys!

[quote name='Ma12kez']Switch your equipment to Tactical Insertion.[/QUOTE]

I tried that yesterday, not a fan.

I like the ACR because it has almost no recoil. Yeah it does less damage, but that doesn't matter if I can easily put a clip into you from across the map. I use the ACR w Holo like a poor mans sniper rifle.

But my favorite AR is the Scar. It has the best iron sights by far imo. They are soo good I don't need to waste an attachment on a reddot or holo sight. I can use Bling and give my Scar extended mags and a noobtube. Throw that into a class with Scavenger and I can rack up some decent killstreaks.

i personally roll with
scar(silenced)
AA-12(grip)
semtex
flash
scavenger
cold blooded
ninja

i can pretty destroy everything in my path with that class and no one will see me coming unless im using the aa-12 but its power outweighs putting a silencer on it and having pathetic range

also only AR that ive used that has a terrible iron sights is the fal

I started using the fal this today and I am liking it. Its pretty strong although I still had to hit people 3 times sometimes which is total bullshit because I put stopping power on it expecting 2 hit kills no matter what.

With how powerful most of the guns are in the game I dont see any advantage this has over a assault rifle, hell even a semi auto sniper rifle will do about the same thing. The only think I can see is if its really that strong you can free up the 2nd perk slot with something else like hardline but I dont see how the Fal beats out....lets say the M16 at all.

Although I did well with it I didnt think it was all that great. Iron sights seem to get really blurry after 20 or so feet and the reload animation is hot garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun just doesn't compare at all to the M16/Famas or any other AR really. Believe it is pretty much the m14 of MW2. Takes a bit of skill to use to even be a decent weapon, no real reason to use it other then to get challenges/titles/emblems.

[quote name='-BigC-']I always plant a claymore next to TI's just for the lulz.[/QUOTE]Yeah, its some funny shit. It also adds to the fun factor if you jump up & down when he spawns. So that's the first thing he sees before he's blown to pieces.

-----

Dammit, it's gonna suck that I have to use the M16 & FAMAS to 100% the MP.

Hahaha, what are you talking about?

Those guns are great, especially, the M!6 which is usually a one burst kill.

You actually have to aim instead of spray and pray.

[quote name='zewone']Hahaha, what are you talking about?

Those guns are great, especially, the M!6 which is usually a one burst kill.

You actually have to aim instead of spray and pray.[/QUOTE]:?:Are you sure we are talking about the same gun, the M16? The gun that even a blindfolded 5 year old could "own" with?

I dont know, i just got my xbox 360 back from repair, played some of the MP and i just cant get into it much. I just dont like any of the maps. I even think about going back to world at war because they had better maps. Plus all this dual weapon crap. I dunno. I want to like it, but im just not feeling it. Mainly because i dont like any of the maps. COD4 maps were so good compared to these.

bread's done
Back