CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

I care package just fell out of the helicopter and landed on me and killed me! And this is the second time it's happened. The first time I wasn't sure what happened but now I;m sure. What I don't remember is if it was an enemy or friendly care package.

[quote name='Puffa469']I care package just fell out of the helicopter and landed on me and killed me! [/QUOTE]

Sorry but I have to say LOL. Haven't seen that yet.

Haha funny video :p

Guys this might be the first game I get at full price...in about 10 years haha
Is it worth it? I looooooooved CoD4 on the PC because of the superior (IMO) controls and the ability to tab out and stuff but many of my friends are starting a clan and encourage me to get the game

Is it worth it for a PC fan?

[quote name='Puffa469']I care package just fell out of the helicopter and landed on me and killed me! And this is the second time it's happened. The first time I wasn't sure what happened but now I;m sure. What I don't remember is if it was an enemy or friendly care package.[/QUOTE]

LOL! This happened to me last night and I was just like WTF?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Does that work both ways? When you speak do the others in the room hear you as well?[/QUOTE]

Basically when you have Friends Only chat on, you only can hear your friends talk and only they can hear you. Anyone else in the room won't hear you and you won't hear them. Very nice for filtering out the constant bullshit or the 12 ppl talking at once annoyances.

[quote name='gamcreator']Basically when you have Friends Only chat on, you only can hear your friends talk and only they can hear you. Anyone else in the room won't hear you and you won't hear them. Very nice for filtering out the constant bullshit or the 12 ppl talking at once annoyances.[/QUOTE]

That's still limited to game chat though right? It's not for cross-game chats still though right?

It's still a pretty sweet deal though. I can get away from Ground wars if that's the case.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']That's still limited to game chat though right? It's not for cross-game chats still though right?

It's still a pretty sweet deal though. I can get away from Ground wars if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe it is. All of my friends switched over to Friends Only last night and I've had it that way for as long as I can remember. Greatest feature ever added to XBL! :applause:

[quote name='sleepy180']Played some last night and damn...too many helicopters...harriers...ac130's flying around all the time. Its pretty stupid how often there is something in the sky shooting down at you making it impossible to go outside...and even worse when you have people up there controlling the shooting.

I dont want to cry nerf but damn. Tone that shit down a little. Thought this was suppose to be urban combat...like on the ground. No fun when shit is just falling from the sky shooting/blowing you up.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I was afraid of things like this. I have the game on order and I'm wondering if I should even bother. I loved CoD4 right up until it got uber popular and then I couldn't compete.

I've been crushed a few times by my care package. Last night I was playing free for all and way up on top of the oil drilling platform or whatever that tiny map is called. Everyone kept fighting and rushing to one corner so I threw the smoke call down there and got a couple kills when it fell on them and bounced around. :)

[quote name='sleepy180']Played some last night and damn...too many helicopters...harriers...ac130's flying around all the time. Its pretty stupid how often there is something in the sky shooting down at you making it impossible to go outside...and even worse when you have people up there controlling the shooting.

I dont want to cry nerf but damn. Tone that shit down a little. Thought this was suppose to be urban combat...like on the ground. No fun when shit is just falling from the sky shooting/blowing you up.[/QUOTE]

I see this more in the big matches (12-18 people) but not so much in the 6-12 team death matches. I haven't played any other ones yet so can't comment on them.

You know, if people spent more time shooting down choppers, they wouldn't get raped by them. Thats always confused me about COD4. I'm always the only one on any team that shoots them down because hey, i'd rather not die 5 times to the same chopper.

I love the tags and stuff. I personally like Flyswatter for mine lol.

[quote name='mike.m']You know, if people spent more time shooting down choppers, they wouldn't get raped by them. Thats always confused me about COD4. I'm always the only one on any team that shoots them down because hey, i'd rather not die 5 times to the same chopper.

I love the tags and stuff. I personally like Flyswatter for mine lol.[/QUOTE]

dont forget being able to take down uavs :bouncy:

hmmm i found a blowup doll under the stairs, creepy

14732_174396349141_533879141_2969387_3275660_n.jpg

[quote name='mike.m']You know, if people spent more time shooting down choppers, they wouldn't get raped by them. Thats always confused me about COD4. I'm always the only one on any team that shoots them down because hey, i'd rather not die 5 times to the same chopper.

I love the tags and stuff. I personally like Flyswatter for mine lol.[/QUOTE]

The big problem is the secondary weapon system. Most people choose to not have a launcher because they'd rather have a shotgun or machine pistol etc.

[quote name='Zoglog']hmmm i found a blowup doll under the stairs, creepy

14732_174396349141_533879141_2969387_3275660_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]
There's one in a bathtub too. I think IW has a creeper... :lol:

[quote name='Raconteur']There's one in a bathtub too. I think IW has a creeper... :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah, I started googling it after I found the first one, looks like many people found that one right away.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't walk into a room w/ a terrorist using it.

I hate that I got shot up the first night getting use to playing again cause my kill/death ratio would be a lot better after last night. I enjoyed playing Team Deathmatch on Skidrow after I learned the map. I got a care package for the attack chopper and got five kills of enemies standing in windows.

Headquarters Pro is crazy now that you have to wait that short time before capturing the point. I had to get use to taking people out while waiting for it.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The big problem is the secondary weapon system. Most people choose to not have a launcher because they'd rather have a shotgun or machine pistol etc.[/QUOTE]
Damnit! You reminded me. I have a shotgun class in CoD4. Though it was my least used class, it was my favorite class to use. M1014 with steady aim and a grip, plus stopping power. SP added damage, and grip+SA made every shot go exactly where I wanted it to go. Now IW made it so at best, I might get as good aim as before with (IIRC) the M1014, but every time I spawn I'd have to switch weapons. With the new secondary weapon system, everyone is going to carry shotguns, ruining my uniqueness and effectiveness.

Just finished the campaign, good but short. It just sucks my dorm internet is so bad because I can't really play online/spec ops.

I only count with one hand how many shotty battles I've gotten into either due to map size or personal preference. I've noticed most people paired up with silenced machine pistols or snipers more than anything else. I always pair up with an AA myself but rarely have the time or interest to whip it out unless I'm thoroughly pissed searching for a revenge kill. Mainly because lot of the maps seem to be camping palaces with emphasis on long range combat and maintaining vertical supremacy. So many damn rooftops and apartment ledges perfect for catching the drop on people. Not to mention my sneaking skills are usually absolute ass so me + roaming with a shotty + no radar = free kill for the opposing team. ;(

I will admit though there's nothing more rewarding for me than kill streaking from shotty rampages. I guess I'll have to step my game up. Same with the throwing knife. Easy stealth kills if you're smart but my aim is trash with it. -_-'

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
I will admit though there's nothing more rewarding for me than kill streaking from shotty rampages. I guess I'll have to step my game up. Same with the throwing knife. Easy stealth kills if you're smart but my aim is trash with it. -_-'[/QUOTE]

The main custom class I use with the throwing knife I keep forgetting to use it or when I try to use it I gwet shot in the back while sneaking up on someone to use it. The other thing is remembering to pick it back up after throwing it.

[quote name='$hady']I've been crushed a few times by my care package. Last night I was playing free for all and way up on top of the oil drilling platform or whatever that tiny map is called. Everyone kept fighting and rushing to one corner so I threw the smoke call down there and got a couple kills when it fell on them and bounced around. :)[/QUOTE]

That is awesome that you used the package itself as a weapon, lol.

How do you lock on with a launcher? I have the AT4-HS with both vehicle lock-on and regular use. When I aimed that at a helicopter it beeps like three times so I assume it auto-locks, I shoot, but I feel like it doesn't do much damage.

So I just got the Stinger that has vehicle lock-on only... I aim that and I get nothing. Can I not lock-on to aircraft using this rocket launcher?

Do Gamestop employees make like 95% commission off of selling strategy guides for this game or something?

My cousin just called me and said he went and picked up a copy of the game at his gamestop and the guy grilled him for like 5 minutes on how he needed to have the strategy guide and he highly recommended it for this game... He just laughed and said, I can manage without it thanks, and the guy got all pissed at him.

Funny thing was I heard the same thing out of my friend that went to pick his up at the midnight launch. He said there was a line of people waiting and everybody that went up to the counter was grilled to buy the strategy guide. Lol. He was really annoyed when he called me and said it took forever...

Has anyone seen a good list of the custom titles and icons yet? I did a google search and found nothing. I even went to gamefaqs where they're trying, but nothing definitive. Some I know are tied to challenges. Some are tied to in game bonuses (like avenger etc). If anyone has a good link, please post it up. Thanks.

[quote name='rly723']Does anyone wish MW2 had face mapping like in R6, that wouldve been a cool feature add on for this new game[/QUOTE]

Yup. I was thinking about that when I saw the many different faces of characters last night.

I was wondering the same thing about the titles and Emblems. I want a list of every single one with a description of how to acquire them. Any help? please,k,thanx :0

[quote name='hx214']Do Gamestop employees make like 95% commission off of selling strategy guides for this game or something?.....[/QUOTE]

You got to figure the bulk of MW2 sales are coming from brand new games. Gamestop makes the majority of their profit from used games. With everyone buying the game new, Gamestop has to make more money somewhere. I bet the employees were pressured to encourage customers to buy the guide too.

Any retail employee gets pressured to ask customers for stuff they might not want.

CAGs, is it wrong that I love the "No Russian" level? As terrible as the concept is, the entrance just reminds me so much of mob movie/Tarantino style badass-ery...

[quote name='The3amJunkie']I was wondering the same thing about the titles and Emblems. I want a list of every single one with a description of how to acquire them. Any help? please,k,thanx :0[/QUOTE]

I've been dying for that list as well...

I loved the SP of MW1. I beat it on veteran and got all but a few of the achievements. I thought the experience was intense and super had but gratifying much like the multi player.

Starting the SP of MW2 last night (on veteran again) I was floored at just now intense and fun it was. I only played for three hours but its great to see they didnt lower the bar at all. The game looks, plays and feels amazing. Love the multi player too, been putting a lot of time in it.

So far I've spent 95% of my time with MW2 in Spec Ops and I'm loving it. I'm sure the MP is great, despite my only having played a half dozen games or so, but the challenge and diversity and just sheer coolness of the Spec Ops missions keep me coming back for more. The SP is great so far and from what I hear it gets incredible, but for my money Spec Ops is the clear highlight of MW2. Just four missions left!

[quote name='hx214']Do Gamestop employees make like 95% commission off of selling strategy guides for this game or something?

My cousin just called me and said he went and picked up a copy of the game at his gamestop and the guy grilled him for like 5 minutes on how he needed to have the strategy guide and he highly recommended it for this game... He just laughed and said, I can manage without it thanks, and the guy got all pissed at him.

Funny thing was I heard the same thing out of my friend that went to pick his up at the midnight launch. He said there was a line of people waiting and everybody that went up to the counter was grilled to buy the strategy guide. Lol. He was really annoyed when he called me and said it took forever...[/QUOTE]

Gamestop HQ buys 50 strategy guides for each store. Nobody is buying them. Gamestop HQ says hey, sell those shits now. Push them harder then presales because in 2 months were gonna have to penny them out.

Gamestop would rather grill you to buy them then let them sit there for 2 months and then sell them for 1 cent.

[quote name='sleepy180']Gamestop HQ buys 50 strategy guides for each store. Nobody is buying them. Gamestop HQ says hey, sell those shits now. Push them harder then presales because in 2 months were gonna have to penny them out.

Gamestop would rather grill you to buy them then let them sit there for 2 months and then sell them for 1 cent.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I suppose. Though if I'm a teenage kid working for what GS is paying me, If I'm not getting commission for a sale like that I'm not going to grill people and take the chance of getting verbally abused at a midnight release just because corporate sent me an email... I'd mention it, but if they had no interest i'd just give em their game and move on.

Maybe that makes me a bad employee...

[quote name='hx214']Do Gamestop employees make like 95% commission off of selling strategy guides for this game or something?

Funny thing was I heard the same thing out of my friend that went to pick his up at the midnight launch. He said there was a line of people waiting and everybody that went up to the counter was grilled to buy the strategy guide. Lol. He was really annoyed when he called me and said it took forever...[/QUOTE]

Ha, I wish we got paid commission. Sales look good for us. If we fall behind in numbers, we usually get our hours cut. The guy may have just been really desperate and needed to pad his numbers some. Try to cut us GS employees some slack, we don't hassle you about that stuff just for fun, it's our pay if we don't lol.

The MP maps are indeed way too busy. I know I suck because I don't "know" them yet, but of the last few COD games, I don't recall any of them being THIS busy -- too many windows, too many open angles, too many places where you can just get shot to hell.

So far I have seen few matches that actually go the full 10 minutes, which is a real sign of that.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']The MP maps are indeed way too busy. I know I suck because I don't "know" them yet, but of the last few COD games, I don't recall any of them being THIS busy -- too many windows, too many open angles, too many places where you can just get shot to hell.

So far I have seen few matches that actually go the full 10 minutes, which is a real sign of that.[/QUOTE]

that and they dumb down the mp.

bread's done
Back