CoD:MW2 at Goodwill Thrift Store

azel

CAGiversary!
So I did some fall cleaning and loaded up the hatchback with some stuff to donate to Goodwill. I head out there during my lunch break (it's a Richmond, VA store on W. Broad/Parham) to drop off the stuff.

In my experience, Goodwill never has much of a game selection, just some PC games and a few NES/Genesis games strewn about. Mostly copies of Road Rash and old sports titles...

Anyhow, I'm about to leave the store when I see a glass case where they have very used laptops for sale. I see the pale green glow on the top shelf, and notice it's an Xbox 360 game. My first thought is, hmmm... Madden '06? Sneak King? Space Chimps?

But it turns out to be MW2. I do a double-take and then immediately ask the cashier to get it out for me. The price --- $12.45. Yes, TWELVE DOLLARS for MW2. I have no idea what the hell it was doing at a thrift store, but....

It did have a ring around the disc where it looked like someone moved their 360 while it was on. So I stop by Play 'n' Trade on the way home and have it resurfaced like new for six bucks.

So all in all, $12.45 + $6 = $18.45 for a mint used copy of MW2. From Goodwill. I guess my good karma in donating my junk was in full force :)

The only bad thing now is that it'll go on the stack with all the other CAG deals I've landed lately...

And sorry I didn't notice the "thrift store" thread at first, but I think this is a bit out of the ordinary thrift store find.

Thanks! I wonder about how many people assume I some guy named Casey who shares an XBL account with his brother.

I guess pep-pep is too poor to spring for two accounts ;)

[quote name='Vulgarism']David Liebe Hart scares the shit out of me :([/QUOTE]

He's a nice guy in person, though.

I met him and James Quall after the Awesome Tour last year. I even got James Quall to do a personal impression for me.

I cant stand to see people get ripped off like this.....tell you what Ill do...Ill pay you 5.00 more than what you paid for it overall and Ill take it off your hands...that way youll at least break even and Ill be the one taking the massive hit....

j/k..nice snag!

Nice find but Play N Trade screwed you on the resurfacing. $6 to resurface a disc? The most I've ever seen any store charge for this service is $3.

[quote name='Doomstink']He's a nice guy in person, though.

I met him and James Quall after the Awesome Tour last year. I even got James Quall to do a personal impression for me.[/QUOTE]

Quall seemed really uncomfortable when I saw him. It didn't help that someone shouted "YOU'RE REALLY STRANGE" at him. People are dicks :bomb:

I told him he was my hero, and that seemed to cheer him up.

As far as the $6 for Play N Trade, apparently they charge between 3 and 8 per disc depending on the condition. The disc looked like someone had literally done a happy dance with their 360 while the disc was spinning, so I'm guessing that was why it was in the mid-range of re-surfacing.

After all, I'm not splitting hairs over $3 considering the sticker price. I just found the receipt the other day in a pair of jeans and I discovered it was rung up under "housewares." I guess they don't have a code for "massive deal."

bread's done
Back