COD:MW2 preorder gift card NOW $20 @ walmart.com

So in the end, I CAN buy a regular gift card with an egift card and the bing.com cashback will cover the costs of shipping for both the game and the gift card.

Rusty, did you use BCB on the gift card in the same session as buying the game, or was it another session?

[quote name='jasonme']So in the end, I CAN buy a regular gift card with an egift card and the bing.com cashback will cover the costs of shipping for both the game and the gift card.

Rusty, did you use BCB on the gift card in the same session as buying the game, or was it another session?[/QUOTE]

separate sessions...

i like the option of buying it online at walmart anddd buying it in store. and then returning the one bought online to the store i bought the 2nd copy at. the one ordered online will be unopened...

THUS.. ill get it day one, still get the 20 dollar egift card, and be happy =) ps, i work at walmart as well =)

[quote name='doooork']i like the option of buying it online at walmart anddd buying it in store. and then returning the one bought online to the store i bought the 2nd copy at. the one ordered online will be unopened...

THUS.. ill get it day one, still get the 20 dollar egift card, and be happy =) ps, i work at walmart as well =)[/QUOTE]
Interesting idea! I didn't even think about that! I'm probably going to do it this way now but I bet there's more deals on the horizon!

[quote name='doooork']i like the option of buying it online at walmart anddd buying it in store. and then returning the one bought online to the store i bought the 2nd copy at. the one ordered online will be unopened...

THUS.. ill get it day one, still get the 20 dollar egift card, and be happy =) ps, i work at walmart as well =)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure most people that went the Wal-Mart route are doing this...myself included.

I want COD at midnight, but want the "I can wait" price. :)

[quote name='Idyfohu']Pretty sure most people that went the Wal-Mart route are doing this...myself included.

I want COD at midnight, but want the "I can wait" price. :)[/QUOTE]
The "I can wait" price is often the best price. Gives you time to reflect on the material you are buying.

Hmm I guess you guys came up with a better way, I have it being shipped to me
So you paid a little less (if you shipped to store) and will get it a little earlier with your ploy, provided you can get it in store in the first place.

That's where this might fall down tho IMO - does Walmart B&M have games like this right on release? And stock enough to do what you plan? I didn't want to take any chances, as ship to store seems to add about a week. If your plan works though it works even better if you can nab and immediately return with your other receipt, but I suppose that could raise a few eyebrows eh? lol

It's confirmed: you can buy a regular gift card with an egift card, but they still charge for shipping with no tax, which was 97 cents. So if you're ordering a regular gift card, get the Spark gift card and charge $19.03 to it so it'll even out to $20.

I used Bing cashback and got $5.98. It'll come as a check in 60 days, but if you already set up a Bing cashback account, set it up with your Paypal account, and buy the game with Paypal, you can get the cashback earlier.

Total for shipping and tax for the game and shipping for the gift card came to $4.53, so I saved an extra $1.45. Shipping for the game yesterday was about $2.xx, but today it seems they're having a 97 cent shipping special.

About using bing cashback on giftcards: not going to work unless you use bing on giftcards from ebay or maybe Home Depot.
http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1510017&page=2
Read the page. Someone tried to do it by buying directly from the Walmart website and a couple days later they were denied the cashback. Someone else bought a gift card from Ebay through Bing and they haven't been caught.

So Rusty, you might be denied your cashback for the gift card you bought.

As for me, I'm now not limited to buying products online from Walmart.com or Amazon. I can actually use my money on things I would've bought anyway from a Walmart store or from Sam's Club.

[quote name='Idyfohu']Pretty sure most people that went the Wal-Mart route are doing this...myself included.

I want COD at midnight, but want the "I can wait" price. :)[/QUOTE]

As do I, is there a list of stores doing a midnight launch?

I say it's worth the wait. I was deciding on whether I should get it from Walmart or Amazon but then I saw Left for Dead 2 offered a $10 egiftcard so I pre-ordered them both at Walmart and bought a cheap but good game for free with the $30 egiftcard I got in total from there.

in regards to walmarts having the game (when it comes out)...they DO.
i work there and have been to others as well. its like with movies, they get em at leasts days before they come out if not the day before. my store always puts them out first thing at like 5-7am whenever we open..

and the 24 hour walmarts have them at midnight. they had a line for madden09 at midnight when it came out, and when guitar hero 5 came out i went in and all i had to do was ask to get it since it was after midnight.

but they definitely do have games RIGHT when they come out.

and about it "raising eyebrows". they cant find out if you bought it in store AND online, especially if you do cash on the instore purchase. its simply you just returning an unopened game, and even better, WITH a receipt.

yes and no. you can get "a" copy at midnight yes.... but you wont be getting your "preorder" copy. so if you do it that way/my way, youll be getting TWO copies

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Do I hear a $25 Dollar Store credit? How about $30? :lol:

It's amazing to me how stupid the retailers are (is it any wonder they're going to have such poor Christmas sales). You don't offer $20 store credit for a game that already has arguably the most demand in the history of video gaming! Having said this, I hope they keep going back in forth until the game is $20 or less (factoring in store credit).[/QUOTE]

ummm... that's not stupid at all. They aren't giving you $20 off... you are paying full price and recieving store credit towards a future purchase. I'm assuming youve never worked retail because you'd know that about 80% of the people who recieve a "free gc" end up spending well over the amount given to them.

Look how many people bought into the b2g1 free sale that didn't even want more than 1 game but bought 3 because they got 1 "free". lol this stuff works.

They gave you 33% off and you guys spent 200% more than you were going to.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']ummm... that's not stupid at all. They aren't giving you $20 off... you are paying full price and recieving store credit towards a future purchase. I'm assuming youve never worked retail because you'd know that about 80% of the people who recieve a "free gc" end up spending well over the amount given to them.

Look how many people bought into the b2g1 free sale that didn't even want more than 1 game but bought 3 because they got 1 "free". lol this stuff works.

They gave you 33% off and you guys spent 200% more than you were going to.[/QUOTE]

You're right in the sense that you end up spending money you wouldn't have spent otherwise. I was just commenting on my belief that they didn't have to offer any special promotions for a game of this magnitude, yet they did. Instead of looking at it as $20 more dollars I'll have to spend (in order to use the $20 gaming credit I'll need to buy another game in the future), I instead look at it as an opportunity to get a "Black Friday" promotional item for free or near free ($19.99 game, $29.99 PS3 Dualshock controller, etc.).

[quote name='Xenokai']I could buy this and use the 20$ on left 4 dead 2 right?[/QUOTE]
Yup, I was going to do the same but wanted to get another game I wanted for a long time and used both egiftcard from both games to get one for free.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']You're right in the sense that you end up spending money you wouldn't have spent otherwise. I was just commenting on my belief that they didn't have to offer any special promotions for a game of this magnitude, yet they did. [/QUOTE]

Yes, this game is going to sell tons, but if I'm a retailer, I want to make sure as many of those sales as possible happen @ *my* store. That's why a popular item has this bonus. Walmart and co. know that people are going to buy the game *somewhere*, but they want to encourage you to buy it at their store....with the hope that you spend even more money there in the future.

anyone else having trouble doing this right now? I've tried for the last 2 days and every time I click on the standard version it says something about an error. Works fine with the other editions, even the pc version but not for the standard for some reason.

I'll keep trying.

I just did the call of duty mw2 thing and sent the gift card to my other email. Im gonna try and buy left for dead 2 using it and see if i can get the other 10 gift card also. I need to buy a sd card with it lol I may have to use a new walmart account?

[quote name='Xenokai']I just did the call of duty mw2 thing and sent the gift card to my other email. Im gonna try and buy left for dead 2 using it and see if i can get the other 10 gift card also. I need to buy a sd card with it lol I may have to use a new walmart account?[/QUOTE]

Sent the $20 gift card? I thought we don't get those until after the game ships? I'd love to apply the gc to Dragon Age NOW...

[quote name='SynGamer']Sent the $20 gift card? I thought we don't get those until after the game ships? I'd love to apply the gc to Dragon Age NOW...[/QUOTE]
Nope you get them about 30 mins or an hour later after you pay, maybe sooner.

[quote name='Screwhead281']Nope you get them about 30 mins or an hour later after you pay, maybe sooner.[/QUOTE]

Anyway to force payment now?

[quote name='SynGamer']Anyway to force payment now?[/QUOTE]

U get charged $20, you later pay $40 when the game ships.

is there anyway you can get amazon to apply to $20 credit to mw2 itself because that would be freakin sweet if they would then i can use my bank points and get it for free

[quote name='kylerg']Can you buy the game form Walmart, get the ecert and pay the balance with it?[/QUOTE]

no.

I have this pre-Ordered from amazon, Once I get the $20 can I email amazon and have the $20 credit applied to my God Of War 1/2 Collection Pre-Order... or would I have to cancel the order and re-order it? I don't want to because I have an ECA code applied to my GOW pre-order already...

[quote name='Mokilicious']Does anyone know if this applies in-store also?[/QUOTE]

The online page says it's online only.

Can anyone confirm if this applies in-store? Not worth the gas loot to go all the way there to find out. I figure I'll get a straighter answer here than from whoever answers their phone too.
smile

[quote name='xfade']anyone know if the gift cards come to you right away? before/after release?[/QUOTE]
it's an e-Gift card. which means you have to use it to buy items at WalMart.COM

they dont come to you in the mail. it's just a code you get in your email.

You get the codes in like 2 mins after ordering. I ordered CODMW2 and got the $20 code so i logged into my other walmart account and purchased left for dead2 with the 20$ and buying Left for Dead 2 give another $10 and i used that to buya SD card for a cam. On my order receipts sent to my emaisl shows this...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360) - $39.82
Blue Box eGift Card - $20.00

Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) - $49.82
Blue Box eGift Card - $10.00

So basicly its only $39.82 + tax/ship for codMW2 and $49.82+tax/ship for LFD2. Basicly your buying the gift cards and the game is just cheap.

Either way i basically took $30 off everything i bought.

[quote name='token2k6']This would be the first ever release day/week title I would buy from Wal-Mart, does sound very interesting...let the deals begin!

However, nothing pwns like the first week of last December when BB put CoD:WaW on sale for $39.99 a mere 3 weeks after its release...but CoD:MW2 cannot wait that long!

These sales for the game only are slick, but I want the hardened edition so I can get my Call of Duty XBL redeemable code!!!![/QUOTE]That same week was 34.99 at target. That is when I picked it up.

as for a list of stores doing midnight. i do not know. our ad says the midnight thing applies to all 24-hour stores, HOWEVER, my store which normally runs about 7am-11pm is gonna stay open an extra hour or 2 just for this game but idk what other walmarts are doing i only know what mine is doing.

btw if anyone is around the area mine is el cajon,cali 92020 the one in the mall =)

their gonna set up or have all the 300 or so games (ya, we getting at least 300 copies in time for the midnight launch), and the cod xbox controllers n the limited edition console all at the customer service desk area.

but some stuff is cheaper on their website lol, which sucks because we cant price match our own site in our store >

hey can you order this online, get the gift card, and then pick it up in stores? i don't want to risk them shipping it later than launch.

Anyone know if it comes in shrink wrap exactly like the ones you buy at walmart in store?

If so I think I will just buy another one in store and just keep the receipt until the walmart.com one comes in the mail and just return that one with the in store receipt to get my money back.

[quote name='jedik']Anyone know if it comes in shrink wrap exactly like the ones you buy at walmart in store?

If so I think I will just buy another one in store and just keep the receipt until the walmart.com one comes in the mail and just return that one with the in store receipt to get my money back.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I plan on doing, but rather I will be picking it up @ Gamestop with some buddies of mine at a midnight release. I paid for like the slowest shipping so I wont get the game until Thursday or Friday probably and then I will just bring that copy back to Gamestop.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Thats what I plan on doing, but rather I will be picking it up @ Gamestop with some buddies of mine at a midnight release. I paid for like the slowest shipping so I wont get the game until Thursday or Friday probably and then I will just bring that copy back to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here.
I reserved at gamestop with credit mostly though...so I can't get cash back.
That's why I'm gonna go to the midnight release early-ish and just find someone at the back of the line that didn't preorder and is gonna pay cash and just have them jump in front of the line with me so we pick up my game and they hand me the cash. That way I can buy it at walmart and return the shipped one when it gets here. =]

yeah the walmart order is 'processing' and suggests a slow ship, and that's with direct to home (not ship to shore)

gonna see if I can maybe work out an early nab myself... I have a gamefly trial but I think I'm getting my current DVDs back to them a little late to have this help out (much), I should have planned that a little better in retrospect =b

was gonna order today and it won't get shipped til the 18th!!!!!! i want the gift card, should i order online and get a copy 2nite from there and do a switch when other arrives???

bread's done
Back