COD: MW2 Xbox360 250gb console at Target $279.98. + tax Clearance / YMMV

stickyfeet

CAGiversary!
I did a Target search for the console just wanted to buy it before it was sold out. Found the only one in Palm Beach County, Fl went to pay full price and found out it was on clearance. It may already be posted but I didn't see it anywhere. Sorry I havent seen anyone else who has said they got the deal also, but if there are any in store Id go ahead and get it. They wont be there long even at full price. Like I said last in PBC, Fl.

dcpi#

receipt
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5986&pictureid=11278

picture.php
TargetEdit Picture
Add to Group
Report Picture

Picture Added Today 03:07 AM

Added by stickyfeet
Picture URL​

BB Code​

Expandable Floating Left Thumbnail​

Expandable Floating Right Thumbnail​

Expandable Centered Thumbnail​

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']Nice. Did you search for it on the Target website? I can't seem to find it there.[/QUOTE]

Same. Would love to pick one up seeing how my 360 just E74ed. :bomb:

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']would bite if it were 100 bones cheaper[/QUOTE]

You're telling me you would pass this up if you were able to find one at 279.99 b/c your magic price point is over 50 % off MSRP on a console?Pass me some of what you are smoking....

[quote name='FArgus']You're telling me you would pass this up if you were able to find one at 279.99 b/c your magic price point is over 50 % off MSRP on a console?Pass me some of what you are smoking....[/QUOTE]

i be on dat CAG weed. haha

Guy at the Target I just went to said it was a "Christmas only" item and they sent them all back after the holiday was over.

I really don't know why I open my mouth at retail stores anymore; all I get is frustration in the end.

Ya, I went there after I got out of my last class for the day. It was a no go. I also checked with the electronics person who I happen to have a class with and he said he hasnt seen them around in a while.

[quote name='o2012o']I have 1 at my local store but it scans into the price checker as 399. Does the discount happen at checkout?[/QUOTE]Nope. Scanned price is what the price it's at.

You can get the ASIN from amazon but if you use the Target websites stock checker, the picture doesn't show up (nor does it even state what the item is) which *USUALLY* means it's pointless to even use the stock checker. This is a massive, massive YMMV.

Also, with just the DCPI #, you can punch it into the price checkers in store. It will show you stock info, as well as the price it will ring up as. Might be helpful if they possibly have some in the back that aren't on display.

[quote name='mossman43']Can you please post pic of receipt as clear as you can so I can print and price match. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Receipt added to OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i bought one today for 399.99 but they had 2 more I think so I think I am gonna go back tomorrow and check it out. I really hope I can get it for the good price because I am selling my red RE 5 elite for this one!!

I hate how these clearances arent nationwide! why should the deals be the same?

[quote name='o2012o']I have 1 at my local store but it scans into the price checker as 399. Does the discount happen at checkout?[/QUOTE]Check back Monday. Your Target may be a week or more behind the other Targets as far as clearance schedule goes.

[quote name='merchie89']So i bought one today for 399.99 but they had 2 more I think so I think I am gonna go back tomorrow and check it out. I really hope I can get it for the good price because I am selling my red RE 5 elite for this one!!

I hate how these clearances arent nationwide! why should the deals be the same?[/QUOTE]Generally, with a few exceptions, all stores nationwide put the same items on clearance, the YMMV comes in on the timing. The OPs store may put the console on clearance while the store you checked may do it next Monday or maybe the following Monday. Also, the next closest Target to you could already have it on clearance or it could also happen there in a week or two. Just keep checking on Monday afternoons.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Went to 2 Targets today on Biscayne Blvd and found nothing. No PS3s, no Wiis, just a few (regular) Elites.[/QUOTE]I noticed this too. NO console at almost all stores. Only one had some 360s including this MW2 edition console.

[quote name='merchie89']heard the return/rebuy method is working on the ps3s so I hope when this system drops I can try that.[/QUOTE]

The method to use is, buy it with one form of payment at the store where it is NOT on clearance, then take it to customer service in a store where it is on clearance, and tell them you want to change your method of payment.

I.e., "I just bought this at store X, but I put it on the wrong credit card. I'd like to put it on this card instead."

This has been reported to work with a higher degree of success.

Anyone else get in on this or was I the only one? To the other Fl cagers sorry that wasn't anymore stock in PBC. Unless counts were off.

They had one of these in my store today but it was still $399. I am hoping that they price guys down tomorrow or monday so that I can get one.

[quote name='sgaldis']Thanks for the heads up; please do post the reciept, or at least give us the DCPI # for this console![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is the same number, but on the receipt, it says the number, 207-21-0007

[quote name='soliddragon']You son of a B, I'M the ONLY CAG up in the PBC, dont front![/QUOTE]

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Shit. I thought I was the only one. ;)[/QUOTE]

Same. Guess we're ALL (including OP) from PB

I saw a shelf tag for the Modern Warfare console at Lino Lakes, MN Target. They scanned the tag and told me it was discontinued and not available at any other Target within the metro area. Good Luck to evryone else.

Hate to be "that guy" as I'm not usually a stickler for rules myself, but shouldn't this (and all the related discussion) be moved into the Target clearance thread?

[quote name='david12795']Same. Guess we're ALL (including OP) from PB[/QUOTE]

Another FL CAG here also in WPB, FL. There a lot more FL CAG's I just think the majority don't post their location.

Damn. I saw this post bumped and assumed they were still popping up. xD I live in PBC and couldn't find that damn thing anywhere around that time.

None at Gainesville, FL Target.

250GB is too much space. 60 is just right. The console runs cool and quiet with COD and Halo installed on the HDD. It will probably prolong the life of the console.

Man it's really too bad the consoles are made in China. I hope more people start to realize the long term ramifications for every dollar sent to Asia.

Be American, buy American (and stuff on Target clearance and used on eBay)

[quote name='XF Gator']None at Gainesville, FL Target.

250GB is too much space. 60 is just right. The console runs cool and quiet with COD and Halo installed on the HDD. It will probably prolong the life of the console.

Man it's really too bad the consoles are made in China. I hope more people start to realize the long term ramifications for every dollar sent to Asia.

Be American, buy American (and stuff on Target clearance and used on eBay)[/QUOTE]

250GB is NOT too much space if you play a variety of games. My 120GB has been nice, but I'm almost constantly having to delete game installs to make room for more

bread's done
Back