COD: World at War, 39$ @Walmart YMMV

ash303

CAGiversary!
Found this at Walmart today. Call of Duty: WaW for Xbox360, for 39 bucks. I just checked the walmart website and it's still listed at full price, so YMMV.

If anyone is in my neck of the woods, It was at the Walmart in Kirkwood, Missouri at highway 44 and Lindburgh. Word.

-ash

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find, please change the title to COD World at War. COD 5 is not out untill next year. And no(naysayers), World at War is not the 5th installment in the COD series.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Nice find, please change the title to COD World at War. COD 5 is not out untill next year. And no(naysayers), World at War is not the 5th installment in the COD series.[/quote]

Amen

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Nice find, please change the title to COD World at War. COD 5 is not out untill next year. And no(naysayers), World at War is not the 5th installment in the COD series.[/quote]

does it even matter? who cares.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']does it even matter? who cares.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, as I'm sure you'll come to find, this website has some of the more obnoxious internet police posters anywhere on the web.

I'll strive to be obnoxious as well and comment that WaW is an awful game.

I didn't think COD4 was all that great but it's worlds better than this. Zombie mode is pretty sweet, but other than that if you are on the fence about this game then my opinion is that you should wait until it's really cheap.

The online community isn't dying anytime soon and the game just is not worth more than $20 IMO. I would kill to trade my copy for Valkyria Chronicles and I'm the kind of guy who never lets go of a game after buying it.

:roll: Get off the high horse, this is a threadjacking that is most unnecessary. Besides, nobody knows anything about the next COD aside from the fact it's made by IW and is being titled, so far, as "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2".

I wonder if this Wal-Mart was price-adjusting to match the sales for this game a while back and they just didn't change the price back yet. Clearly YMMV but still interesting as Wal-Mart isn't known for their video game sales, nor price matching competitors.

yeah , whatever , cod 5 or cod waw..... we all know cod 5 is not due till the end of this year ... for now... lets see ...

Judging from all the recent sale prices on the game, we're gonna get a universal price drop on this game?

[quote name='MrChan']Judging from all the recent sale prices on the game, we're gonna get a universal price drop on this game?[/quote]

Don't count on it. COD4 had price drops around the same time of the year last year. I picked up COD4 for $27.99 after price drop and coupon right after Christmas, just weeks after it was released. The game retained its price up to this point, so this COD will probably be the same. My guess is that this will probably be the end of the sales on this game for a while...though the economy is in a different position, so who knows.

As for how quality of COD:WAW (or 5, as everyone I know calls it 5, and that's what I'm calling it as well), it isn't that bad of a game. It is nowhere near as good as COD4, but it is one of the better World War 2 games out there IMO. My biggest problem with the games was how buggy it was. I beat it on Veteran, and it was near impossible at times, mostly due to glitches or just pure grenade spamming. I can't count how many times I got stuck in my surrounding, having to kill myself with a grenade. It isn't a terrible game, but if you're content playing COD4 still, just keep playing as getting 5 is more of a downgrade.

[quote name='ash303']Found this at Walmart today. Call of Duty: WaW for Xbox360, for 39 bucks. I just checked the walmart website and it's still listed at full price, so YMMV.

If anyone is in my neck of the woods, It was at the Walmart in Kirkwood, Missouri at highway 44 and Lindburgh. Word.

-ash[/quote]

Yeah, this is very YMMV. I checked 3 different Wal-Mart's in my area and it's $59.97 at each one.......

I was on the fence about getting the game, but I had gotten it a week ago. At first, I hated it, thinking, "Why didn't I just stay with Cod4?". I gave it more time and especially when I ranked up enough to unlock the War mode, I was hooked. It was fun and the ability to play co-op campaign is very nice.

On other note, the campaign is cinematic and epic and also...very enlightening. Previous games of WWII that I played never got me into the reality of that world. By that I mean that I always left the game thinking, "Wow WWII was cool." After seeing Saving Private Ryan for the first time, my opinion of the "fun" completely changed and now with this game, there are moments where I just cringed when a Japanese man is burning or a German guy is brutally stabbed in front of my eyes. It gave me even more respect for those guys who fought in the time and completly took the envy out of me to be in their place.

my two cents

bread's done
Back