COD World At War (Price Match Best Buy )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glow1970

CAGiversary!
I went to my local Best Buy today and they price matched Toys R US. Toys R US was offering a $15 gift card with the purchase of COD World At War. Best Buy took the $15 off at the register when I was checking out. My total was $44.99 plus tax.

I showed them the ad and they said they don't match "freebie" offers. I knew this and wasn't expecting to get it but I tried anyways. Went to TRU across the street and got it there. I'll use the GC on Left 4 Dead.

EDIT: Bastards lied to me! http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

If I'm reading this right then they will honor free gift card offers by either giving you a gift card or lowering the price to match it after gift card value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had all the ads in a notebook binder. They did not even call the store to verify they had it in stock. I pretty much walked in asked if they price match. The guy said yes and away I went.

Has any one printed this page and brought it to customer service?

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

I want to keep a copy in my back pocket when they dont price match. Then....BAM!!! IN YO FACE!..i would like a price reduction please..=)

I took the CC ad and a copy of the BB price match policy to the BB customer service counter in St. Louis (Fenton) tonight to get the new COD World at War for the PC. At first she said that they did not match gift cards. I showed her the policy and she took it to a manager. The manager came over and said that they normally don't match a gift card, but that it does depend on the manager on duty. He gave me ten dollars off of the game and encouraged me to shop there again and ask for the manager about deals like this. I explained that I didn't like holding up the line and asking to see a manager- he said it was no problem- but how about during the holidays???

Great Game!!!!!

I'd rather just go to Toysrus or Circuit City and reward them for their deal, than go price match at Best Buy.

[quote name='gsat']Has any one printed this page and brought it to customer service?

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

I want to keep a copy in my back pocket when they dont price match. Then....BAM!!! IN YO FACE!..i would like a price reduction please..=)[/QUOTE]
That is EXACTLY what I have been doing. Going in asking for the TRU gc pricematch, they say no we don't do that for gcards, I say they do on the website, and they have to do it. What angers me, is that I did it for Resistance 2 and GOW2 last week, and COD 5 and when I went in for COD5 they acted like they didn't know about it till I pulled out the website print out, and then I heard the manager say just do it we did it for 8 other people earlier in the day. I did this at the Hartsdale, NY (westchester county) store, and at the manhattan NOHO store locations. Thing is you technically can buy the game w/no pricematch, then just go over to the CSR desk and show the add and they are supposed to give you an extra 10percent of the difference. I should have done that just to rub it in.

I did this before for LBP and they wouldn't match it even when I told them their website said they would. I complained online later and received a call from their customer service where the lady told me it only applied to previous purchases. After looking further up the page I saw she was correct but she still gave me a $10 gift card for the trouble. But what if I buy the game and come back with the ad?

[quote name='blah29']That is EXACTLY what I have been doing. Going in asking for the TRU gc pricematch, they say no we don't do that for gcards, I say they do on the website, and they have to do it. What angers me, is that I did it for Resistance 2 and GOW2 last week, and COD 5 and when I went in for COD5 they acted like they didn't know about it till I pulled out the website print out, and then I heard the manager say just do it we did it for 8 other people earlier in the day. I did this at the Hartsdale, NY (westchester county) store, and at the manhattan NOHO store locations. Thing is you technically can buy the game w/no pricematch, then just go over to the CSR desk and show the add and they are supposed to give you an extra 10percent of the difference. I should have done that just to rub it in.[/quote]

Yeah the Hartsdale, NY BB can be tight asses about price matching. They tend to drag their feet with these kinds of things until you press them into doing it.
The Yonkers, NY and Mt. Vernon, NY BB's however are much more lax and usually hassle free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back