COD4 Maps Half Price Until March 2

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
Ok, I searched the forums and maybe it was posted, but I didn't see it.

So I know most 360 owners have COD4 and the Map Pack already...
BUT...

The Map Pack will be only 400 Microsoft Points until March 2.

I just got my 360, I have COD4 on the PS3 but was thinking of getting it for the 360 as well, so 400 points for the maps is great!

(Also this weekend is double XP weekend!)

Definitely not finding any announcements for PSN as yet. Usually they do 360 first and follow up on the PS3 two weeks later. Thats what they did last September anyway.

Dang! Ive been holding out on this deal and I just traded what little points I had. Anyone have some they can trade?

Half price is pretty damn good. I alread got the game but for those of you who havent yet, I dont see a deal like this comming back around in the near future so you guys should jump on it while you can

[quote name='Burchamj']what about a double xp weekend with the reduction like last time?[/quote]

Yes, this weekend is double xp.

I thought the map pack price reduction was going to be permanent at this point. I'm still on the fence on whether I want to pick up the maps.

Is this really worth it for $5? I heard they're usually skipped during online matches
I heard:
Creek is a sniper fest?
Killhouse sucks?
Chinatown is ok?
Broadcast is good?

being the CAG I am... is this worth my $5 especially with MW2 probably a year or so away?

My bro got the maps when they first came out, and I must say I'm not a fan of them. But, the prob is if you don't have the map pack, it prevents you from playing with the people that do have them. This means if you want to play against or with the good COD4 players, you need the map pack.

[quote name='Akira119']My bro got the maps when they first came out, and I must say I'm not a fan of them. But, the prob is if you don't have the map pack, it prevents you from playing with the people that do have them. This means if you want to play against or with the good COD4 players, you need the map pack.[/quote]

Really? My friends are monsters (just got my 360 in Nov) and I can play them still... I thought it just disables the map packs for everyone playing if there's someone in your group that doesn't have it?
And also when you're playing by yourself? Unless I'm wrong... lol

[quote name='V Man']Really? My friends are monsters (just got my 360 in Nov) and I can play them still... I thought it just disables the map packs for everyone playing if there's someone in your group that doesn't have it?
And also when you're playing by yourself? Unless I'm wrong... lol[/quote]

During the matchmaking progress you won't be matched against people who have the map pack and vice-versa.

[quote name='V Man']Is this really worth it for $5? I heard they're usually skipped during online matches
I heard:
Creek is a sniper fest?
Killhouse sucks?
Chinatown is ok?
Broadcast is good?

being the CAG I am... is this worth my $5 especially with MW2 probably a year or so away?[/quote]

Creek is a sniper fest yeah, but if you have a good team you can usually stomp on the sniping team easily. It's a great map if you don't resort to sniping.

Killhouse is OK.

Chinatown is OK.

and Broadcast is OK.

All in all the maps are good, but nothing so spectacular that you need to get. I got them full price and I was dissapointed.. so at $5 I think it may be worth it.

[quote name='cmart05']During the matchmaking progress you won't be matched against people who have the map pack and vice-versa.[/quote][quote name='cmart05']Creek is a sniper fest yeah, but if you have a good team you can usually stomp on the sniping team easily. It's a great map if you don't resort to sniping.

Killhouse is OK.

Chinatown is OK.

and Broadcast is OK.

All in all the maps are good, but nothing so spectacular that you need to get. I got them full price and I was dissapointed.. so at $5 I think it may be worth it.[/quote]

Thanks for the info... I'll just get it... I guess I'll get 1 less drink for a night and drink some water... haha... ;)

[quote name='mrbill187']how many points will the new COD5 map pack be? Ive never used DLC before... only got my xbox a few months ago.[/quote]

No one's going to be able to give you an exact answer on that but most map packs are 800 points.

great! I was thinking about buying this anyways.
but what is double xp weekend? is that like you get a kill in COD4 +10 multiply by 2?

actually is there a possibliity that this is a corperate attempt to sell it for a fraction of the money before giving it away for free in like a month or so? Any cases that's happened before? If there are... not worth it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to download the map packs today on 360. It's weird: the price on the front page of the map pack is 400 points, but when it's in the cart it says 800 points? I passed until the price matches 400 points in the cart.

Any idea why this is happening?

[quote name='oasisboy']So these maps do not come with COD4 GOTY edition?[/quote]

They did for a while. Only GOTY editions that had a sticker saying it included the map pack came with it. They stopped including it, and now the only difference is that the GOTY has diff cover art.

Be aware if you are buying a used GOTY, check to see if they have the card, and whether it has been scratched or not.

[quote name='playing mantis']They did for a while. Only GOTY editions that had a sticker saying it included the map pack came with it. They stopped including it, and now the only difference is that the GOTY has diff cover art.

Be aware if you are buying a used GOTY, check to see if they have the card, and whether it has been scratched or not.[/quote]

Correct to a point; many GOTY editions pressed in September 2008 have the sticker saying it included the map pack but are the first NOT to have the card inside. I know because I got one, and am still waiting for Activision to send me the code that was supposed to be included.

Anyways, I think I may buy the map pack if it goes on clearance on PSN and make Activision refund me $10 instead of giving me a code. Make $5 off the ordeal for my time.

bread's done
Back