Code Breaker 8.0 $9.99 @ Circuit City YMMV

Codebreaker is only on the PS2 and GBA for current gen systems. BUt that's one hell of a price for the best cheat device out there. I'll check my CC ASAP. Thanks.

I got a Version 7.0 CodeBreaker for $9.99 at Movie Gallery last week, though I think somebody put the wrong price tag on it. Plus, Wal-Mart has started selling the PS2 CodeBreaker again for $19.99

Compare the codes you want. Some codes may not be available on both devices. Look at their forums and see how much support from the makers you would expect.

CodeBreaker 8.1 is the current version.

Doesn't CodeBreaker 8 also support usb flash drives to transfer saves to and from the pc? If so, I might just buy it for that alone at $10.

codebreaker is better then action replay- action replay gets you by this: if the game looks like it could be a hit, you have to buy "code CDs" at 20 a pop-codebreaker posts the codes for games 8 hours after the game is released on their website www.codebreaker.com-that and action replay is 50 and cb is 20

I have version 7.0 for ps2, and 7.1, both give my ps2 and room mate's ps2 DRE, and his ps2 is less then 6 months old, so hoping version 8.0 is fixed of that problem

codebreaker is better then action replay- action replay gets you by this: if the game looks like it could be a hit, you have to buy "code CDs" at 20 a pop-codebreaker posts the codes for games 8 hours after the game is released on their website www.codebreaker.com-that and action replay is 50 and cb is 20

I have version 7.0 for ps2, and 7.1, both give my ps2 and room mate's ps2 DRE, and his ps2 is less then 6 months old, so hoping version 8.0 is fixed of that problem

[quote name='omicron']Compare the codes you want. Some codes may not be available on both devices. Look at their forums and see how much support from the makers you would expect.

CodeBreaker 8.1 is the current version.[/quote]

8.1 is out? Where is it sold?

I don't know what Shadows916 is talking about. I believe they do have "code CDs" but that's not what you should look for. The Action Replay Max is awesome. Code cds my small left toe. I have the Action Replay for both Gamecube and PS2 and it's great. Plus I checked the Codebreaker website just to see what codes they had released for Onimusha 3, they had no codes! Where as the Action Replay and the Gameshark both had codes posted up. (This was like 2 or 3 days after the game was released.)

go check BB or TRU, look were they keep these things. BB has a whole shelf of just action replay cds for games ranging from kingdom hearts to socom 2, at 20 a clip- check day 1 for codebreaker- even though i and many other people have been having problems with versions 7.0 and 7.1, codebreaker in personal opinion is better then gameshark (yes, i do own versions from DC to ps2)
and i'll sure as hell NOT spend 49.99 for an action replay when the codebreaker runs around 20.00. Also, gameshark doesn't test their codes, they are user submited, were codebreaker tests (or claims to have tested) there codes before posting- as for action replay, nevor owned one due to it costs 10 more then gameshark, and 30 more then codebreaker

Well forget the Code CDs for $20 a pop - that is a rip.

As for the Action Replay Max (kinda like the codebreaker/gameshark), it's not $50. For the most, I've seen it for $30. I've seen it at Wal-Mart for $23 recently and I just found out it goes for $25 now. I got mine for $18. (although there is one for $35 with memory card). The Action Replay Max also comes with a DVD Region Unlocker (so if you get DVDs from a different region you can play them with this on your PS2)

I think we can agree that the Gameshark is overrated however. The Action Replay Codes are also created and tested by the company Datel themselves.

Here is the Action Replay for $25
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801696
or
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/237338.asp
or
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1060002823822&skuId=5843858&type=product

[quote name='Shadows916']go check BB or TRU, look were they keep these things. BB has a whole shelf of just action replay cds for games ranging from kingdom hearts to socom 2, at 20 a clip- check day 1 for codebreaker- even though i and many other people have been having problems with versions 7.0 and 7.1, codebreaker in personal opinion is better then gameshark (yes, i do own versions from DC to ps2)
and i'll sure as hell NOT spend 49.99 for an action replay when the codebreaker runs around 20.00. Also, gameshark doesn't test their codes, they are user submited, were codebreaker tests (or claims to have tested) there codes before posting- as for action replay, nevor owned one due to it costs 10 more then gameshark, and 30 more then codebreaker[/quote]

The code CD's are optional, kind of like if you're too lazy to type them in yourself. All the AR codes are posted at www.codejunkies.com

if it's made by datel, i'llpass- i have bought a few of there items(controllers, a 4 port usb expander for the ps2) and they crapped out in less then a week so i'm very iffy about that company

bread's done
Back