Code Name S.T.E.A.M - $15 (In-Store, Walmart, YMMV) (Pics Inside)

theghost4413

CAGiversary!
Got another great deal at the Grandville, MI Walmart today with Code Name S.T.E.A.M for $15!! It is extremely YMMV, but unlike the Watch Dogs deal that they had to price adjust the last time, this just rung for $15 straight. There are two pics below if anyone wants to price match. Sorry there was someone right there and I didn't want to be taking a picture right before I bought it, hence the shelf being empty. The new Fossil Fighters was also priced at $15, will be attempting to grab that when it releases Friday! Great flips even if you don't want to play them.

[attachment=13082:IMG_0357.JPG][attachment=13083:IMG_0356.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
How were you guys able to price match at best buy? Do you say that you saw that price at a local walmart? It seems like you gotta attack this from the right angle and I'm hoping to try matching it tomorrow at best buy.
Yea, I would love it at this price. My BBY always called the local store to verify price/stock first. Stupid, why would someone pm then? Just buy it at the other store. That never made sense to me unless you absolutely had to use your store credit/cert on that particular item. My local BBY actually just closed, won't miss it except for store pickups and Browsing before buying on Amazon.

I'll have to check my local Wal-Mart. I doubt anything comes of it as you said this extremely YMMV, but $15 is the price for me on this game. I am interested, but not enough to spend MSRP for it.
it was a mix critcally and commericially Im not confident it will do too well. $15 within the next few months is what I'm banking on.

Just went to Wal-Mart looking for this deal. Instead was created by 50% off all discontinued games. Got:
Vita - Uncharted $10.00
- Tearaway $10.00
PS3 - Rachet and Clank ITN $7.50
PS4 - Shadow Warrior $10.00
- Bound by Flame $5.00 !
No codename steam price match by happy nonetheless. Check you local Wal-Mart as this is supposedly happening for all discontinued games.

I have no clue how you guys are getting a PM on this, if I tried this at Best Buy over here, they would laugh me out of the store

thanks op was able to get this price matched at my best buy. I got denied at walmart and they told me that they don't price match their own stores lol....... but yeah it was a smooth transaction at best buy, they didn't question it so I was able to get the game and get out........

[attachment=13195:Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.40.53 AM.png]

I ended up attempting this price match at two different Best Buy stores.  The first store, a sales associate said they could match it after I explained the whole story about the in-store only price.  However when the manager was called for approval, he denied the price match since the date of the sale was 5 days prior.  He told me that if it had been the same day, they would have matched it.
The second Best Buy store I went to, I knew the people working in customer service since I used to frequent the store many times before I moved.  I explained the story once again and they went ahead and price matched it for me.  I guess I got lucky.

My advice would be to not mention the date at all of the sale.  Just say that this was an in-store only sale and you wanted to get the item price matched.  They should do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went to Wal-Mart looking for this deal. Instead was created by 50% off all discontinued games. Got:
Vita - Uncharted $10.00
- Tearaway $10.00
PS3 - Rachet and Clank ITN $7.50
PS4 - Shadow Warrior $10.00
- Bound by Flame $5.00 !
No codename steam price match by happy nonetheless. Check you local Wal-Mart as this is supposedly happening for all discontinued games.
Tearaway was 20$ when i asked them to check it. Could not find any of these other games. To bad ause I wanted tearaway and rachet and clank. No project steam for 15 as well.

So wait, people are still getting this matched? I'm tempted to try but I have a feeling I will get shot down because of the date on the tag. Also are you guys just showing them just the shelf tag or the receipt pic as well?

So wait, people are still getting this matched? I'm tempted to try but I have a feeling I will get shot down because of the date on the tag. Also are you guys just showing them just the shelf tag or the receipt pic as well?
Don't mention the date and you should be fine. If all else fails, show my price match photo.

I didn't show the receipt. I downloaded the pic of the tag to my phone, and quickly cropped out the empty shelf above it because I've heard they wont PM if it isn't in stock. My BB is really by the book so I didn't want to give them a reason to shoot me down. I just showed the pic on my phone and asked for a PM for an in store sale at Walmart. The clerk looked at it said okay, but had to call the manager over to use the key to actually let the PM go through.

bread's done
Back