Code of Princess (3DS - Spiritual Successor to Guardian Heroes!!!)

I freaking loved Guardian Heroes played it many a time on the Saturn, my October funds always kind of light because My Wife's Dad's and Sister's birthday are all in that month along with my anniversary but I'll probably get it the following month.

^^^ Thanks! The Newegg $10 off is pretty awesome, and I ordered it. Thanks for sharing it here, because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

[quote name='maigoyume']Crud, missed out on it. Oh well here's hoping for another deal before release.[/QUOTE]

Newegg is doing a $10 off any pre-order $39.99 or more now with promo code EMCNBNG58

There's a thread on it here.

This game looks pretty cool...might have to pick it up. I'm pretty much burnt out on Nintendo titles (nsmb2, luigi2, paper mario look like more of the same) so hopefully this will be a good game and something different.

Normally I'm wary about paying full price for anything, but considering a) I just got my 3DS and b) any mention of "Guardian Heroes"...I am helpless to resist.

Anyway, I placed my order with Amazon on release day, it's still "shipping soon", but it should come with the book and CD right? Far as I can tell those are supposed to come with every first-run copy so I wish Amazon would just hurry up and ship it already. :lol:

I played through the Japanese version a few weeks ago, and while it was fun, I don't think it's worth owning or paying full price for unless you're planning to play through the game with every single character and get into the multiplayer -- it's just too short otherwise. If you're looking for a challenge you're also gonna be disappointed as you'll have to add it yourself by completely neglecting Vitality, Defense and Mind.

Oh, and the framerate's just fine unless you play the game in 3D -- in which case it becomes unplayable. I haven't played the English release though so maybe they fixed that, but I doubt it.

So what is the rarity of this? Don't want to pick it up at the moment but if I have to pick it up now (in case I can't find it later), I will trade some crap into GS.

got it today via gamefly glad i cancel my preorder

40 way over price
30 sort of overprice
20 would be a nice buy
10 a super buy

sort of reminds me of something like golden axe its an okay game but way too short

I respectfully disagree. I think it's perfect at $40, and the meat of the game is in the replay, leveling characters, free play, and bonus missions.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I respectfully disagree. I think it's perfect at $40, and the meat of the game is in the replay, leveling characters, free play, and bonus missions.[/QUOTE]

yea it grows on you... hated it at first and would said 10 buck buy only but i still would not give more then 20 for it.... still glad i cancelled my preorder

Good so far. I was hoping for branching paths like Guardian Heroes. Only lvl 5-6. How do you get new equipment? I haven't seen any shops...

[quote name='2DMention']Good so far. I was hoping for branching paths like Guardian Heroes. Only lvl 5-6. How do you get new equipment? I haven't seen any shops...[/QUOTE]

i think you earn them in each level.. cant remember ever seening a shop ... you just have to hope a weapon or another item drops when you clear out each stage

[quote name='2DMention']Good so far. I was hoping for branching paths like Guardian Heroes. Only lvl 5-6. How do you get new equipment? I haven't seen any shops...[/QUOTE]

You unlock the shop fairly early on in story mode, it can be accessed via the equipment screen. Completing quests will also periodically give you equipment.

Played for a few hours so far, got Solange in the level 20 range. I wasn't sure what I thought at first but I'm definitely really enjoying it now.

Finished the campaign last night, at around level 50. That last battle can be little bit of a hassle (like others) if you don't finish it quickly.

Did a little bit of grinding in the bonus quests and local multiplayer too just for some added insurance. Can't wait to dig into the rest of the bonus quests.

I picked this up when it first came out...I just haven't had a chance to start it. Nice to see others picked it up. As soon as I saw "the spiritual successor to Guardian Heroes," I knew I would buy it. :)

Anyone still playing this? I completed the Campaign once with Solange and now I'm about halfway through it again with Zozo. Also completed maybe 3/4 of the Bonus Quests.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Anyone still playing this? I completed the Campaign once with Solange and now I'm about halfway through it again with Zozo. Also completed maybe 3/4 of the Bonus Quests.[/QUOTE]

I completed the main campaign with Solange a little while ago. Going to start the campaign with Zozo tomorrow.

bread's done
Back