Codebreaker v.9 $13.99 @CC (web only special)

I picked it up yesterday, it is a PL-650. It was in the blue packaging and when the software is running it shows v9.2, I hope this info helps.

CC also has had Action Replays on clearance for $10 for awhile. I still see a couple laying around every so often at some CCs.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Does this allow you to transfer saves from pc to memory card, like transfer updated madden rosters to the ps2?[/QUOTE]
Answering my own post.. nevermind, I'm thinking of the sharkport/x-port/max drive, not the codebreaker that can transfer saves from pc to memory card.

A friend of mine just bought this from Radio Shack for $15. Versions 8 and above support USB, so you can use it to access the memory card exploit for HD Loader. :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']A friend of mine just bought this from Radio Shack for $15. Versions 8 and above support USB, so you can use it to access the memory card exploit for HD Loader. :D[/QUOTE]
Wait, so can you use this to transfer madden rosters from pc to ps2?

[quote name='chaarlieee']Does this allow you to transfer saves from pc to memory card, like transfer updated madden rosters to the ps2?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and you can use PS2 Save Builder to convert saves between Action Replay MAX and Codebreaker format.

Invaluable tool. Great find, OP.

Well, I didn't know you needed to buy a flash drive to transfer from pc to ps2. Does anyone know a cheap flash device I can buy for cheap?

Damn, been looking for this...I didn't know CC carried it.

All you need to transfer codes is a USB cable, right. I am tired of typing in codes manually.

Codebreaker 9.0 and up let you download new saves and codes via the Sony Network Adapter. So it you're PS2 is connected to the internet, you don't need any cables or flash drives.

I checked the ones on the shelf when I did the in store pick-up. They were all marked $19.99, but I don't know if they might scan lower. This was at the Kennesaw, GA Circuit City.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Codebreaker 9.0 and up let you download new saves and codes via the Sony Network Adapter. So it you're PS2 is connected to the internet, you don't need any cables or flash drives.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but I can't use my network adapter because my stupid ISP (AOL) doesn't allow console gaming.

Is this in-store too? I've seen a lot of the ones in the blue packaging at a couple of Circuit City stores priced at $19.99. Is it the same thing and are all the versions' UPC codes the same?

Might go down there and check the price, since the website is showing in-store pick-up available near me.

Is this better than the Action Replay? I had one brick two memoery cards and support would not e-mail me back. I'm still fucking pissed about that.

There's never been one instance of Code Breaker corrupting a memory card, unlike countless instances where an AR has.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Well, I didn't know you needed to buy a flash drive to transfer from pc to ps2. Does anyone know a cheap flash device I can buy for cheap?[/QUOTE]

My target often has some on red tag... not the cheapest of the cheap, and probably larger than you'd need, but you'd get a decent size drive for your money.

[quote name='UltraViolence']chaarliee, Fry's has a 128mb flash drive for $9.99 no rebates in the Friday ad.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's the one I picked up last night. Heads up for those of you who have no internet capabilities for your PS2.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Does it work with the slimline?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked one up today and used it in my slim PS2 to unlock stuff in Haunting Ground. It said it was version 9.1.

Thanks OP for the find, there have been many occasions where after playing through a game multiple times to unlock stuff I just want to cheat and be done with it. :bouncy:

i might get me one if someone can answer a few stupid questions for me. since i don't know much about usb connections
i mostly want one so i can back up my save on my comp.
does this support usb 1.1 (i think thats it, the older usb) and 2.0?
how do i tell which one my comp uses?
are usb 1.1 and 2.0 compatible with all comps, or is 2.0 something newer that only newer comps use? my comp is about 7 yrs old so if they're incompatible mine would probably use 1.1.

also does any flash drive work with it? i went to codebreaker.com and looked, they only showed one incompatible drive. but they also only showed about 5-6 compatible drives.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']i might get me one if someone can answer a few stupid questions for me. since i don't know much about usb connections
i mostly want one so i can back up my save on my comp.
does this support usb 1.1 (i think thats it, the older usb) and 2.0?
how do i tell which one my comp uses?
are usb 1.1 and 2.0 compatible with all comps, or is 2.0 something newer that only newer comps use? my comp is about 7 yrs old so if they're incompatible mine would probably use 1.1.

also does any flash drive work with it? i went to codebreaker.com and looked, they only showed one incompatible drive. but they also only showed about 5-6 compatible drives.[/QUOTE]
7 years ago it is likely 1.1 Not to worry as they are compatible with each other, jsut and 1.1 is a lot slower. Anyway it is pretty easy to just get a usb 2.0 card.

bread's done
Back