colecovision

I don't think they would do this much for a simple plug in type. I don't think its a full blown console either. Maybe a budget console, not meant to compete with the next gen consoles.

The original remains my alltime favorite. I'll never forget playing Donkey Kong and Zaxon at home. Great graphics at the time! Even if it's a plugin, I'll buy it.

RC

They could just make the same old system and make new games for like 10 bucks. You could play all the old games and new 2-D games.

I think this would fly.....but maybe carts cost too much these days.

Is Coleco even Coleco anymore?

Whoa! Twilight Zone here!

Would be cool to see another system. I have one that has bit the dust it seems.

Hmmm, maybe they bought Phantom and are going to slap Colecovision X on it. :razz: jk

I can just see it now...

A company re-releases a 1970s or early 1980s pre NES style console. Than another company releases a slightly better and improved one, and than somebody comes out with yet another...until eventually we are right back where we started from.

[quote name='dtarasev']I don't think they would do this much for a simple plug in type. I don't think its a full blown console either. Maybe a budget console, not meant to compete with the next gen consoles.[/QUOTE]

I think it is just for the plug in play systems. Those are huge in sales, big big sellers for any store who carry's them.

[quote name='irrossistable']No, they've been owned by Hasbro since 89.[/QUOTE]

Apparently River West Brands, LLC now owns the rights to Coleco, and Colecovision.

So says their site.

[quote name='rscaramelo']Anybody catch this on the Coleco website.

http://coleco.com/

New Colecovision on the way or is this one of those plug in jobs?

RC[/QUOTE]The intro and site aren't very well-done imo. Seems like an amateur job.

That's just flat out ODD looking. How long has this website been up? I would have to place my money on a flashback type of system, maybe with a cart slot (although I doubt the cart slot, Coleco games are expensive enough already)

[quote name='sylentwulf']That's just flat out ODD looking. How long has this website been up? I would have to place my money on a flashback type of system, maybe with a cart slot (although I doubt the cart slot, Coleco games are expensive enough already)[/QUOTE]

That's reminds me, I want to get an Atari Flashback 2 system... $39.99... you can't go wrong with that.

bread's done
Back