Collectors - an iPhone/Android app idea.

Jerry-kun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm actually in the process of building this app for myself, just want to gauge interest to see if it's viable before dropping $100 on an Apple dev account.

Would you be interested in buying an iPhone or Android app to replace your binder full of Have/Need/Loose/Boxed/Manual sheets? The idea is that there'd be a complete database of every known game for any given console, as well as an approximate rarity and value for each.

What must-have features would seal the deal for you, and what's the most you'd be willing to pay for it?

Asking CAG opinions because I know an app would need to move mountains to get some of us to part with our cash. :)

Would definitley be interested in an app to track my collection better. Given there is some out there but I don't wanna pay the price tag. Maybe something with the bar code scanner support to just scan the games into my collection. Maybe give it an output option to export via .pdf or some file format.

http://www.collectorz.com/iphone-apps.php

a bit pricy for $10 because you need the software on the PC/Mac side to upload to that, or subscribe to the web version every year.

I use Collectorz Pro for my Games and barely paid anything for it, but I wouldn't get the app because it doesn't let you add, only a viewer which is STUPID.

I just export mine in an easy format and read it on the go, don't need to see the pretty cover, just a title.

Yeah, there's been a pretty lackluster response everywhere I've mentioned it, so I'll probably build it as an iPhone app for my own purposes (jailbroken ipod touch), but release a free Android version to see how it goes. There's no risk in free. :)

It'd be pretty easy to export to PDF or Excel from a web version and allow for syncing between the web and mobile apps so you can bring your collection offline. I'll have to look into barcode scanning, though, because that would be extremely useful for a boxed/sealed collector and newer games.

At its base, I'm working towards a universal app with data on games and hardware for as many of the classic systems as I can put together, because most collectors I know don't collect just NES or just SMS, they've got a little TG16, a little NES, some SNES and N64, some Genesis, etc. Most of the existing apps just target one console, and you pay individually for each. And that sucks - we're cheapasses or we wouldn't be here.

We'll see - I'll post back once I've got something usable.

bread's done
Back